Main Menu

My lvling guide, 1-55, for anyone who needs :)

Started by Jaah, May 25, 2006, 01:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaah

Hey guys.  Dummul is just about to hit 57 and I just thought I'd give yall a heads up on some good places to go at certain lvls.  Mainly uses hotzones, but fights in some places not normally used in them...anyways, here goes :)

1 til 10: Tutorial.  If you're untwinked, farm staves for some cash, 3pp a pop is nice :)

10 til 22-24ish: PC.  The other folks can be annoying, but you'll be soloing anyways :)  Start from the shadeweaver's entrance, and fight the lowwer lvl plerg fiends until around 17.  At 17 I'd move to Shik'nar, they are in the northern part of the zone and are the same lvl or a little higher than patogs.  They are hardly ever camped and give good exp for easy kills, as with the rest of PC.

Early-20s til 29:  You have options here.  If you can handle multiple pulls and want the best exp possible, go to SolA, it can't be beat, just watch out in the castle.  If you want good, safe exp, hit up forgotten halls.  FH is an instanced zone off of Natimbi, there are other posts about it here-mainly, just fight the rats or bats, leave the taelosians and the golem guys alone.

29 til 36:  Time to start the hotspots-Iceclad!  Kill cougars at first, and only cougars.  They are great exp, and not too tough either.  However, in the low 30s, you'll probably find you are killing cougars faster than they can spawn.  Never fear, move to the island with the tower of frozen shadow on it!  Here, there are cougar spawns, and those are your ideal target...but when they run out, pull a dervish from the base of the tower (watch for adds) to use up your extra time.  These are tougher than cougars, so be careful.  Anyways, you'll be 36 soon, with a new heal spell and ready for...

36 til 39:  Gunthak beach.  Yeah, ugh, Gunthak, I know.  But the exp is too good to pass up.  Most beach mobs are single pullable and are quite easy, the lvls should go by pretty fast, and it's pretty self-explanatory.

39 til 45ish:  Gunthak caves.  Just crawl the caves, simple as that.  The drogmor aggro from quite a long way away, so watch out for that, everything else has a small aggro radius.  The lotuses drop some OK vendor loot, and shrooms/drogs drop clarity/heal/hp buff clickies (pretty useful) and fungus sap that can be sold in the bazaar.  The kills are relatively easy and worry-free, and the lvls should go by quickly.

45 til 48-49ish:  The pirate fort.  Just start in pulling from the houses.  If you get adds, try to position it so one is beating on you and one is beating on fluffy while you both take down the same mob-can be tough and require some active pet control, but once you get it down it makes the pirates cake.  Some time in here (47 or 48 I think) you can single pull most of the pirates.  They start going LB at 46 or 47, but there are still a very good number of DBs until 50 and the exp keeps rolling in.

late-40s til 54:  Gunthak Castle.  To get here, run (invis) to the pirate town (like you were going to Dulak) and hang a left.  Go up the big hill and you'll see the big staircase with 2 initiates on either side.  I like to set up on the left.  Just pull them, they come single, until you're up the steps (DEFINITELY loot these, as they can drop vendor junk worth up to 90pp a pop).  At the main door, hang a right and kill the initiate here.  You'll find a door over here, be careful when you enter because you'll get 2.  Anyways, once you enter the door, there is a room to your right full of initiates ready for the killing.  There is a roamer that will probably aggro you at some point, and then spawns (same timer as the others) right at the front of the room.  You won't be able to clear the whole room for a few lvls, but when you can just pull the 1 in the hallway straight in from the door, the roamer, and the 2 in the next room.  Just start pulling and go to town, the exp remains good probably until 55 but I left when I hit 54 and got the new pet.

54 til 56:  Velks.  The exp isn't GREAT, but it's easy and it will last you til 56.  Just slow everything and then /afk while you and pet chew through the mob's millions of hps (j/k  :-P). 

56: This is where I currently am.  I am killing either in velks or at the seb entrance (which I like much better).  Seb kills are faster, but mobs run and casters could be a problem if you had poor resists.  However,  exp starts to slow down here (at least in my experience) so you might as well just find a place with blue mobs you enjoy and have fun :)

I hope this guide turns out to be at least a little useful, and can show you how to get the most out of the current low-lvl hotspots.  Any comments welcome, and thanks again for reading  :-D

Pakratz

very well thought out - lots of good suggestions.  the interesting thing about EQ is that everyone travels a slightly different path and there's more than 1 place at each level that is really good xp.  enjoy your 50's and 60's, you're only young once  :-)

Gunzak

Hey Dummul I met you last night on FV.  I stayed in Velks until 63 as the experience is just awesome.  Even at 61 and 62 when 90% are light blue I still made 16-20% an hour of regular experience.  As soon as I hit 63 the experience hit rock bottom and I left but it was a great run all through the 50s until 63.  I will either move on to Grieg's End or Fungus Grove now as both are good experience.  The mobs in GE have more hp then the mobs in FG but its easier to get singles too.

I only wish I had done about 60AA at level 60 in Velks, when I was getting almost 1AA per hour, now that getting AA is a lot slower.