Main Menu

Spiritfrenzied Pheonix Strat

Started by Rynimuss, May 28, 2006, 08:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynimuss

Well after banging my head against a wall for a few hours trying to get this guy dead my friend Kenteck came along to help me. Im here to let my fellow beastlords know that this part of our epic is in fact trivial. The biggest obstical is having a rogue that is Air flaged or getting one piggied in. Here is the strat for pulling the pheonix to the zone in where you will proceed to slaughter this pain in the neck.

First off nothing is social to the Spiritfrenzied Pheonix, meaning nothing will assist him unless you wander into their aggro range without SoS up. To get to the Pheonix island, do past the Castellan of Air into the tunnel and head strait ahead past Baltaldor the Cursed ( i can confirm that he dosnt not assist or prox aggro during night time hours, but SoS works just as well). You will come to an island with Bees the tunnel upwards is to your left. Out of that one you come to an area with the Air elementals. Just keep heading strait and up the tunnel and then you finally come to the Pheonix area.  Spiritfrenzied is off to your left. The spot where the rogue is to obtain aggro is on a little hill facing the Spiritfrenzied, with a pheonix (possible named) to for left and 2 blue phonix by a tree on your right.  The SF will be very close to another but like i said nothing is social to this guy. You must watch out for pathers behind you, they will have a larger aggro radius then the Pheonixes. Have the rogue drop SoS throw something at the SF put up SoS and proceed to pull the SF to zone in. Tada, the pheonix is fairly easy to kill but is immune to snare. Congradulations you just did SF with very little effort.

I feel the pain of my fellow Beastlord bretheren who did this the hard way and take great pride in helping those who still have to do it :)

Pakratz

holy crap i wish i had this strat when i did it - took me hours of clearing with a couple buddies.  gratz to you all for the shortcut - this was the hardest part of epic imo.

Kanan

ROFL.. omg, i spent so bloody long on this part myself.  This is too funny.  Well, good to know for advising others in the future.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Hanelce

I've tried this a few times with a friend and he hasn't been able to get it solo.  The first time it came solo, but as soon as he hit hide, the phoenix dropped its agro.  the second and third time the other phoenix's agro'd.

75 Arch Animist

Rynimuss

I assure you that nothing else will agro unless you are too close to them, you need to watch out for a pathing spider too. He has a much larger aggro radius. As for pulling the SF, have the rogue throw a projectile and hit hide before it his SF, that will allow him to be hidden as well as aggro SF.

Hanelce

ah ha.. I think he was waiting til after it hit the phoenix to hit hide.

75 Arch Animist

Kolkan

Just tried this strat out a couple times and both times the rogue ended up dying due to multiple mobs being aggroed. This was obviously fixed because th SF is now social to multiple mobs including named. Guess ill have to do ti the old fasioned way and get a couple groups together to fight there

Kolkan out for now.

70th level Feral Lord - Prexus

Rynimuss

*sigh* I just ran a monk up there for nothing. SF is not social. Your rogue needs to be more aware of his surroundings,  I pulled SF and the blue pheonix next to him did not aggro, i wiped aggro and pulled the blue pheonix, SF did not assist. I then proceeded to agro a couple of other pheonix's group together and they were assisting each other as normal. The pheonix do not have very large proximity aggro ranges. And you must watch out for the spider pather he has a much larfer proximity aggro area and the pheonixs will assist it.

Kolkan

I will get another Rogue to give it a try and see what happens. I had a feeling that he wasnt invising himself in time and had aggroed other things at the same time of aggroing the SF. I am hoping ... Thanks for rechecking the strat though... will give it a whack again tonight

Kolkan out for now.
70 level Feral Lord - Prexus

Hunni

Kolkan send a tell to a rogue named Pearll on Prexus, tell him you are an acquaintance of Xaxony's and he might help you get your piece. I make no guarantees but he likes to help people. If you were on Fennin I would give you a hand myself with my rogue.

Fightclubx

I sent a /bug report but no help yet, SF is on track but its not anywhere near phoenix isle =(, I thought maybe he was underneath the world, does anyone know if you gotta clear the isle for him to take another spawn's spot or something?

Kolkan

finally just got a group to go up there and he up there, just completely surrounded by mobs... just need to to pull away and work your way there but he IS there.

Kolkan out for now.

Fightclubx

I 2boxed a rog and searched the isle for him, using hotkey for cycle nearest NPC and couldnt get him on target, havent yet been able to get a group to go up with me and clear it just in case, otherwise I think i'll have to wait for zone/server reset =(

Inphared

Spamming your "closest NPC" button probably won't get you far, seeing as there are mobs all over that place.

Get your rogue to go back up there. As soon as you enter the phoenix island, follow the left wall. You should be able to see him once you're almost to the exit of the island. I think he was in between 2 blue phoenixes for me, and then there was another blue phoenix closer to the exit.

Vidyne

Quote from: Fightclubx on August 07, 2006, 09:09:09 PM
I sent a /bug report but no help yet, SF is on track but its not anywhere near phoenix isle =(, I thought maybe he was underneath the world, does anyone know if you gotta clear the isle for him to take another spawn's spot or something?

As we didn't do air that long ago, I can readily say that it is VERY easy to push things off the islands here.. and they dont really come back.
We only pushed 2 mobs off in the whole time we raided air..(about 7 raids) but it prevents you from doing that ring..... or epic.. for a while
However rings generally repop every 2hrs and reset themselves if memory served.. but doubt that would help you.

Try spawning/starting the phoenix ring and then finishing/not finishing it...  to see if the SF will respawn for you when/if the ring respawns.