Main Menu

Final DDA fight for 2.0

Started by kymell, March 03, 2006, 11:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inphared

You don't have to worry about them. They aren't close enough to agro.

Shieara

I cleared them, but not sure if they would actually aggro.  I had a SK split him out...worked like a charm.

Tigrah

Don't evne ned to worry about his six flunkies. When I did this fight earlier this year, bout may I think. I had about 2.5 groups (bit of overkill anymore). had the raid setup near DS zone line. Me (with invis potions), and a bard went to confront the scout. I hailed, hit invis. the bard snared DDA, and ran off with his flunkies in hot persuit and DDA falling behind. I tagged DDA, pulled him to zl. we started killing. moments later bard showed, having faded off the flunkies. half min later DDA lay dead woots nother 2.0 lol.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Simes

What loc does the DDA spawn at?

Inphared

Simes

Thank you Inphared.

Another question regarding the scout.  We made a hurried attempt a few days (which failed but anyway) - because I had read somewhere that the scout is up 30 minutes and down 2 hours then up again 30 and so on.  However, I have had someone else tell me that the scout is up all the time except when used to spawn the DDA and then after the fight is down for 2 hours.

Can anyone confirm the situation?

Inphared

It's either bugged or changed or something, but it seems to me that the scout is always up now. I've never gone past and seen him down, and I camped in that area quite a lot.

Nusa

I confirm the original implementation. I personally timed it way back when it was a 30-minute up, 2-hour down cycle. I watched the scout both spawn and de-spawn.

I also confirm the present, namely that the scout is always up, except when used. It's been that way for a long time now, and I'm not sure exactly when it was changed. I've had no reason to check the respawn after use time, but 2 hours wouldn't surprise me.

Simes

Having just completed the fight (and my epic 2.0 YAY!!) I can say that the Scout re-popped almost as soon as the DDA went down while we were bashing the Feran adds.

Spiritclaw

Just finished fight last  night.  Scout was up when I got there, down for the fight, and back up as soon as DDA was dead.  Managed to get DDA onto hill by spawn, was going to pull ferans off to zone, but they just stood there <shrug>  Killed ferans after the fact just to get the exp.  Took 2 groups with me and it was overkill.  2 druids, 1 cleric, 2 beasts, 1 wizard, 1 mage, 1 rogue (at least I think that was the makeup of them, most of them were pickups on LFG)
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Praxxis

I just attempted my final last night.  Had a 79 cleric, 75 druid(box), 80 ranger, & my 80 bst.

I spawned him and hit an invis potion.  The ranger paci'd all the ferans and I used Slow to pull the DDA.  The problem is, all the ferans still came.  It was not a fun wipe :(  Did they change it where they can't be split?

Spiritclaw

Quote from: Praxxis on March 28, 2008, 06:48:28 PM
I just attempted my final last night.  Had a 79 cleric, 75 druid(box), 80 ranger, & my 80 bst.

I spawned him and hit an invis potion.  The ranger paci'd all the ferans and I used Slow to pull the DDA.  The problem is, all the ferans still came.  It was not a fun wipe :(  Did they change it where they can't be split?

When I did mine a few weeks ago, I was going to pull all the ferans to zone while the group yanked agro on DDA (suggested by beast who did that).  I spawned the DDA and ran, Ferans stayed where they spawned and DDA was pulled up the hill without friends.  Could be you just got unlucky <shrug>
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Vuncar

Did the final DDA fight last night 2-boxed with my 76 Beast and 80 Druid.  Triggered the spawn, and with a quick invis got no agro.   Druid harmonied all the ferans and pulled the DDA single with a debuff.  Dueled the toons prior to engage in order to break mezzes as needed.   I still wound up several times with both toons mezzed, but the warder manged to tank DDA just fine until the mezzes finally faded.   Refreshed slows well in advance, and cast whatever I could between hits of silence.   Druid kept DoTs running the entire time.  The fight took a long time due to the annoying spell effects, but DDA has just pitiful damage output once debuffed and slowed.