Main Menu

Spiritfrenzied Pheonix Strat

Started by Rynimuss, May 28, 2006, 08:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikkorus

When I did mine we just cleared up to pheonix isle.  Had to train one of the raid mobs on that first cross roads away while group ran by.  Had about 8 people (needed gimp in since im not flagged for air).  Was a really easy fight you have to clear like 3 of the pheonix's outta the way on the left side then shes an easy single pull iirc.

Fightclubx

so the SP disappeared on the nameless for like 2 weeks, but he finally poped recently, and now.. tried rog pullin trick, some random adds are now assisting ><

anyway 2 rogues duo'd it up top with no buffs no heals except potions died easily, I trained up and looted and ate a death =D

Raukus

Just did the rog pull on xegony on 9-9-6 worked like a charm.  Had three of us waiting at the zone.  Total ownage, no one even got hit dropped really really fast.

Fightclubx

me and a friend were 2boxing rogues we both tried that pull I wonder why it didnt work for us =(

we got past several mobs no problem then some random mob assisted, and each time we tried was some different mob wasnt the same one.

/shrug glad it worked though =) that drop is such a pain in the ass otherwise.

tnaab

Does this trick still work?  My buddy and I started clearing PoAir to get to the SFP, but ended up gettin a million adds...aggro range is crap, the distance you need to travel is crap, and trying to get 5 people together just so you can gimp in is crap (nevermind trying to get people to help).  So if I could just pay off some rogue to pull the mob to the front, that would be butter...just want to know if it still works...I heard they put a leash on him.

Blarp

I did this fight the old facion way Killed to the mob, i boxed a cleric anda monk friend came with so we could get solo or 1-2 mobs a pull was not hard it just took time we killed the 1st so called raid mob at the xroads hes gimp with alot of hp fyi. i found this way easyer then trying all the "tricks" of getting him to ther zone in solo i have seen Bst's try this and give up after the time i had done it in was well passed. the bst still have  one of the easyest epics ever. letsa not try to make it a cake walk mroe so then it is all rdy.

Kanan

a problem, more & more nowadays tho, is getting poair flagged peeps to be able to get in.  Especially for those bsts who are not poair flagged.

If you are able to drag the phoenix down to zi so that you can loot it, it is much simpler to get the people to join the group so you could go in to loot it than it would be to get the peeps to join the group, spend an hr or two killing through that annoying zone to just get to kill an annoyingly gimp mob that is entirely too far up to be worth normal efforts.

This is why this will prolly be a block for some newer people working on this epic.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Doucha

i was wondering if the rogue pulling trick still works i was trying to get a guildy of mine to help today and she told me that rogue SoS dont work when they have aggro now, that it was changed with TSS.
Doucha Saco Beastlord of the Tribunal

Maylian

I had a guildy try this for me a few weeks ago after I decided to finally finish 2. SoS worked all the way up and pull trick worked most of the way, but as some others have said it seemed random roamers would agro on Phoenix.

I actually just ended up taking a group there and we killed everything on route including all the ring nameds.

FREDMAN

The strat still works as of 03/11/07
I am not flagged but got gimped in and group stayed at zone in.  I told the rouge he could pull it by hitting it and then hiding.  I never played a rouge before but he knew what he was about.  He found it and was pulling it to zone in and lost argo.  The second time he tried I watched him run back on the map and he stopped every so often for a second or two then we see him and the Spiritfrenzied Pheonix inbound.  We beat in down I looted and then was asked if I needed anything else from that zone.  The rouge said not to out run the Spiritfrenzied Pheonix.

Korelic Kiba

How much does it hit for? Wanting to know if just me and a rogue could take it alone. I am unbuffed 9.8k.

Blarp

its a gimp you should be fine just take a few heal pots iwth you and and brun it down, i could of soloed mine back at 70 cap should be cake to today standers.

Doucha

SFP it is easy to kill, getting there is the hard part and rogue SoS dont work when they have aggro now (well thats what all the ones in my guild used as an excuse not to help). I had to use my brothers necro to get there and kill it and since im not EP flagged got some guildys to VF me in so i could run there on my 100k speed robobar and loot it.
Doucha Saco Beastlord of the Tribunal

nedoirah

I recently killed the SF with a friend (also a bst) and her boxed cleric. We had so much fun clearing our way up to the isle. Except for the amount of time it took to get there, it was really easy. She had 15k hp unbuffed and myself with 10k hp unbuffed. Dont' know about her cleric but we managed to get up to the SF in about 2 hours. We pulled the 2 phoenixes at the tunnel entrance then using her pet she pulled the SF into the tunnel. It went down in record time and I was a very happy bst heading to bed after the combines.

EDIT

I can confirm it is not social nor is anything social to it. and if you get to the isle it should be hanging out on the left right near another named phoenix (if it's up at the time). We used the clicky eye of zomm to find and target it since neither of us knew exactly where it was. She couldn't remember since it has been a while since she last killed it.

Lotusis

Quote from: Doucha on May 04, 2007, 06:49:15 PM
SFP it is easy to kill, getting there is the hard part and rogue SoS dont work when they have aggro now (well thats what all the ones in my guild used as an excuse not to help).
I will try and see if my rogue can pull him to clear up the question of if it can still be done or is he leashed or SoS not work for some reason. When i did mine forever ago it could be easily solo pulled by rogue SoS pulling.