Main Menu

Spiritfrenzied Pheonix Strat

Started by Rynimuss, May 28, 2006, 08:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khatar

Did this the long way since I didnt have a rogue handy.  A good tank, cleric, ranger and sk to pull.. camped bst at zone in.  The mobs hit surprisingly fast without slow and when you have multiple mobs, the hps drop awful fast.  Sk feign pulled 2 to 3 mobs and cleared to the Spiritedfrenzied Phoenix.  Mob was easy to take down.  Respawn time in the zone is 30-45 min-ish.  Good luck.

Simes

Was lucky enough to have a rogue for this - worked like a dream.  He took a few minutes to pull the mob to zone in - once there mob died in less than 10 seconds.

larir

I am stuck at this part!!! I'm not flagged and if anyone on the nameless could help me out I would be forvere in your debt!!

Mrcoolies

Hi
Well I finally nailed this sucker yesterday, I was lucky another to have a rog and a bard. The rog could single birdy up untill the elementals but for some reason couldnt get past them and died but bard tagged and bought him single to zone NP. the day before I helped a guildy and we cleared old style up to mob so the rog/bard way was much quicker.

Vidyne

Did it for a guildie a while ago.

Bst, Bst, Shm, Shm, Mag, Pal, Enc.

The shamans were taking turns tanking 2-3 at a time.
We cleared up to the phoenix island before any repops started, and a 3rd shaman joined us from the zone in about the time we got to phoenix island.  No problems along the way, and the named at the first intersection died very fast.

They weren't weak mobs, but they didn't seem strong to anguish geared players.  We handled up to 8 in camp at times.
Clearing seems faster to me than finding a rogue and waiting for him to pull.  At worst I think we might have took 40minutes to get there, but there were no repops when the shaman came up, and we were clearing the second island, and moving to the 3rd.

Even went up to take pictures of Xegony, but our pally pulled her and sent half of us to our binds, as the other half gated.
It wasn't xegony that killed anyone, her first wave of adds came over and 10 mobs + a named + xegony + a prismatic guardian.

Wynema

Whats the trick for getting into Air after they opened it per level?   The drake says I have to have a reason to enter.

EDIT: Nevermind, pilot error
Wildcaller Wynema Wildeharte and Phideaux
Bhur Gcairde The Tribunal
Wildehartes can't be broken

Karilis

I had good luck last night: baltador the cursed was down, so I didn't have to monkey around with him if I made it that far...

I had bad luck last night: Every F*****ing castellan of air spawned 4 vengeful air spirits, while I was trying to three box.

For the record, a craptastic 70 enchanter that's just online for buffs? when you get a two pull on Castellan's(Immune to harmony)?  I should probably have logged him out, instead of accidentally putting him in alt tab rotation.  His death really crapped up the computer and the alt tab rotation for the BL + Druid

When he was going down, I tried to heal the beastlord on my druid, which turned into him getting aggro, and I couldn't wiggle the mobs apart, so even tabbing between targets, I couldn't tell which ones had aggro, because they've got no damn face, and when they're swinging slightly to the side, it looks about as close to facing you as when they're facing you and swinging.  Plus, they took me from 11.5k mana to 0 in under thirty seconds, there should be a rule against that or something.

Anyway, after oaken guard, and healing myself as the druid for a little while, the bugger procced him down to zero mana, and I still couldn't see which ones were swinging at him, and I still had a full castellan of air to deal with, so I just let the druid die, and finished the nine mobs!  (four vengefuls left, castellan, four more vengefuls) and zoned out with about 0 % health and 0% mana and 50% endurance.  Actually I may not have finished the last of the vengeful air spirits.

I guess I need to get a rune proc'ing weapon both for AoE aggro, and to keep the proc from landing?  Or since it's a mana drain, and not a DD, am I screwed?

Do I just have really bad luck with the RNG?  Should I use the kobold rogue shroud, sneak, hide, and flop my way to the spiritfrenzied, and pull him back solo, and just pray to heavens that a level 70 kobold rogue can stand up to the 600 DPS beating he's going to take for having -no gear- being that he's a shroud, with an underspelled undergeared level 73 druid healing him?  (Druid has Steeloak Skin, Ancient Chlorobon, Viridcoat, and karana's Renewal, that's all for spells post 63)

Do I sucker someone else into doing the same thing, and just solo the spiritfrenzied phoenix, popping all my toys?  Is the stormrider island any easier than the castellan island?  I've cleared the Castellan island before, duo, without enchanter buffs, while I was a lower level(73 compared to 76, with Druid at 70 compared to 73), it seems like bringing in the enchanter was just stupid of me.  But when I did it at lower level, I cleared up to The cursed guy, and didn't know that I had to wait til night time to pull from around him, I saw him zooming at me, so I hightailed and zoned.

Vuncar

If you are simply using the chanter as a buff bot ... run the chanter the perimeter wall to the tunnel and train everything to zone, click out.   Beast and druid casually run the now empty path to the tunnel, eliminating the need to kill any suits at all.

Karilis

Good Idea!  I let the account expire today though >< lol.

But I'm worried that I lack the ability to do so, since It's there accounts on one machine, and zoning freezes up the other windows, or lags them at least, to the point where I'm down to 5-20 FPS, and can only move at half speed at best, and autofollow just doesn't work at all, so I'ld have to run it twice.

EQDorgoth

Just to note, the shrouded 70 rogue does not have SOS, only hide & sneak.... and thus the rogue pulling method will only work with a real rogue.

Curses! Foiled again!  And I would have gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for you snoopy kids!

Dorgoth da Dorf,
Bendere the Beast

sicshift