Main Menu

Need a little IoS confusion cleared up

Started by Funzo, January 14, 2004, 01:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funzo

I just hit 61 and am experimenting with Infusion of Spirit.
I know that IoS stacks with my strength and dex and stamina buffs, which gives me some pretty impresive numbers.

Now i'm wondering which buffs are better for me from other players.

Tonight I clicked off a 61 shammy's focus to use IoS and my buffs. Will this happen often where I can put together better numbers than a shammy can give me? Or am I mistaken and he just didn't give me his best stuff?

Is IoS the same or better or worse than shaman's Harnessing of Spirit? What buffs should I be making room for instead of IoS.
If i'm grouping with other lvl 61 players, which classes can do better than my IoS?

While reading the comments about the new group IoS in the expansion, it seems many aren't too impressed with the IoS spell and prefer other spells. Any feedback on the range of IoS-type spells would be very helpful. Sorry for all the questions, and thank you for your replies.
Funzo Frantic, 65 Male Vah Shir Beastlord - Ayonae Ro

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=977636

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Mallahki

If you are using HP's as a base of which is better, IoS+Sta will be better than Focus of Spirit, only if you have low stamina, if i remember correctly.  If just the sta buff maxes your stamina, then chances are, Focus of spirit + sta will be better.  It depends on how much benifit you are gettin from the stamina buffs.  Focus of Soul will probably be better in most situations.

Kaspur

To me it comes down to ease of maintenance.

IoS + Tnarg/Kragg + Str + Dex + Sta > than FoS but it's also 5 buff slots vs 1 buff slot. In a raid situation I need all the slots that I can get so I use FoS from the shaman. Add in the fact that keeping Fero on 3 to 4 people puts a hugh stress on my mana pool, throw in SD, possibly SV and Haste, a few pre slows and I'm more than happy to let the Shammy buff me.  :lol:

As a rule it's just more effieient for me to use the FoS series of buffs from the Shammy when in a group.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=837551">Kaspur Ghostpaws
Vah Shir Feral Lord

DiosT

Man0warr

IoS + other junk is fine for soloing but when you raid - you need every buff slot you can get, IoS isnt very good for raids.
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

Dummkopf

IoS is nice, but if you still need the other buffs (dex, str etc) it will use too many buffslots for a raid situation, same if you get FoS and shaman stat-buffs.  For soloing i take FoS if i get it (its ~100hp more) or just use IoS/Kragg which is still one more buff slot taken. My pet usually gets IoS and Dex and if a shammy ninja buffs it with FoS i dont stop til he casts his dex buff too, otherwise it loses some dex which is pretty important for the proc rate.

Klav

if your stats arent impressive IoS will be beneficial.
but after you start maxing your stats shaman foci are better.
"You of all people should understand what I am trying to accomplish here. You too know what it feels like to be cast aside; you've only dealt with the pain a few years-I've dealt with it for a millenia...Seeing you people everyday on this perfect little world He created for you is a constant reminder that my kind came first; your kind was most revered. And while you know forgiveness; we only know regret.

The lesson must be taught. All are accountable."-Bartleby

Jkar

I find that stacking IoS, Sta, and Kragg, I get more hp than Ido with Fot7.  Now if im in a raid, I'll take Fot7 over those, cause buff slots are needed, but if im in a group or soloing, I'll take my buffs over shammy any day.  I also find that I get more Dex using IoS and Dex buff as well.
Jkar - 62 Beastlord - Cazic Thule

Noxdowne Draggout

Once you max sta with focus you won't consider using IoS anymore.

Focus gives very good hp's.

Nox

Hrann

I like focus because of the less slots.  Even LDoN groups have me clicking off buffs these days.  I hate getting those lesser focuses though.  Fo7 is great, FoSoul is alright, but I do cringe a little when I get Spirit.