Main Menu

2.0 Broken -- 7 / 6 / 06 (FIXED)

Started by Inphared, July 06, 2006, 09:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inphared

As of about three days ago, Scout Husman in the Grimling Forest will not respond to the phrase "I wish to end the great threat in the grimling forest."

He will respond to regular hails, but every time i try the phrase, he doesn't do anything. I've completed everything up to this point (PoAir, Jagged Pine, Tradeskills) and he is still unresponsive.

I'm on the Saryrn server, if this makes any difference.

Nusa

I suspect talking to Husman is totally optional, but this is what he should say:

Scout Husman says 'Ah, I see you have come to help with the growing problem in the forest with the Grimlings. They were already a big enough problem, but some have changed and become ever more powerful and twisted. There are two in particular trying to amass a powerful following. You will mostly likely find them wandering in the forest from time to time as they recruit. Good luck to you friend.'

If you can find the general and colonel grimlings, you don't have a problem continuing. But you can /bug it if you want.

Inphared

I hydra a druid, and I've roamed around the forest mashing my track button for hours at a time (I think my longest run was almost four hours). I've come up with nothing, and I check here frequently between LFG's / Raids / etc. I petitioned three days ago, and a GM gave me a response today confirming that Scout Husman and the Grimling Colonel / General were bugged.  :-(

Skanda

Seems the zone has been broken for at least a month now. When I went up there to help another beast start their 2.0 not only were none of the scouts up but none of the grimling camps had anything in them either.

Helspawn

Yeah I went up there myself to check and both 1.0 and 2.0 are bugged atm.  Guess I can wait to start on this part since it's gonna be awhile to get CoA flagged anyway.  Think it really sucks for the new beasts trying to get 1.0 or those just doing it to get 1.5 kicked off.

Kroshx

Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

Skanda

Quote from: Kroshx on July 10, 2006, 03:29:21 AM
1.5 not bugged, is it?

It should be fine. The 1.5 quest doesn't have anything in Grimling to do as far as I recall.

Kroshx

Shame Grimling Forest is messed up. Seems like everything is breaking down now adays.
Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

Inphared

I've been hunting around the Grimling Forest trying to find these blasted grimlings, when I noticed on my druid's track a VERY large amount of grimling manawielders. I went to check it out and found atleast 50 manawielders on top of eachother in the caves to Acrylia. If you're in the Grimling Forest, go to the Acrylia Caverns cave, and act like you're going to the zone-in. At the first fork, go left. Keep going, and then you will come to a South / East fork. Go east, and then go North into the dead-end. I found the broken manawielder spawn point in the north-west corner of this room. Is this only on Saryrn, or other servers as well?

I'm pretty sure that this is the problem to the Colonel / General / Scouts not spawning. Maybe (I'm not sure) the zone is bugged because it's reached its NPC cap or something? Some kind of code saying "Only X amount of NPC's are allowed in the Grimling Forest at one time" or something like that. Fixing this might fix our 2.0, maybe. If I'm correct, it would certainly explain why A) The grimling camps aren't repopping, and B) Why our mobs won't spawn.

I have been told, however, that the Colonel / General are on a two-to-three day timer, and that you just have to get lucky to find them. Does anyone know if the Colonel / General stay up indefinately once they spawn, or are they timed, etc etc?

**EDIT**

Added the location of the broken manawielders.

Briatta

I can verify that the insane number of grimling manawielders is up on The Rathe server. I read this post and decided to log my ranger on (who's been parked in the middle of the zone for a couple weeks) and check again. This time I decide to take a count. I counted exactly 100 manawielders up from my central location and again no Colonel or General in sight. When I'm bored and have some time I might have to go through there and try to do some exterminating and see if it makes a difference. OMG... I just paused from writing this and ran over there to take a peek. It looks like every last manawielder has spawned on top of itself. I think all 100 of them are right there. The /loc was pos 518, pos 1211.  And another note, except for that little dead end where they are standing... the entire tunnel area leading to the caverns is empty. Also neither Avisiris OR his placeholder are spawning at there designated location.

Kanan

I think we dun found da bug.

Now if we can get them to go back to content this ancient and fix it... there's the rub =/
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Vidyne

This is happening on Erollisi Marr as well.

There are about 15% of the normal grimlings in the tunnel.. the rest are just gone.

I went through camps 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and NOTHING is up at any of them.. no thieves.. no nothing.

The tunnel to AC has 15% of its normal population.. scattered mostly.

Then I found the......   

http://interzone.com/EverQuest/ImageHosting/Grimling%20bug3.jpg
http://interzone.com/EverQuest/ImageHosting/Grimling%20bug5.jpg
http://interzone.com/EverQuest/ImageHosting/Grimling%20bug.jpg
http://interzone.com/EverQuest/ImageHosting/Grimling%20bug2.jpg
http://interzone.com/EverQuest/ImageHosting/Grimling%20bug6.jpg

No bug here... please move along.

Tardar

Did you survive all that?

Same thing is happening on Maelin too btw.

Inphared

Okay, so since this is a confirmed bug by people across five servers, I'd like anyone that reads this to /bug it please. If you can only remember to do it once, then do it, but I'm going to start bugging it once a day. If everyone that's responded to my manawielder spawn problem bugs this once a day, that's atleast 5 bugs per day / 35 per week / 140 per month. That's just with five people.

They can't ignore us forever.  :roll:

I'm not sure about any of you guys, but I'd like this fixed so I can get my 2.0  :-D

**EDIT**

I did try killing the manawielders, and I did succeed, but it was rather difficult. At first, they cast on you and I resisted everything but the dispell. Once I was out of buffs (save clickies) and they were out of mana, they start beating on you. It was a long fight, I'd recommend cornering yourself to channel through heals, but it's possible to kill them all. The unfortunate part about all of this, is that they all respawned about one minute after I finished killing them.  :x

Vidyne

I killed out the entire tunnel for a test.(not the manawielders)

Of the ones I killed,   maybe 15 along the main path.. and all the rooms.

The rooms seem to be respawning ok... along with 3-4 guards along the path.

Other than the rooms and the manawielders... there is NOTHING in the tunnel(barring 3-4 guards).

Nothing outside the tunnel at the spike fortifications...
Nothing at any camp
maybe a wandering grimling.. I saw TWO grimlings wandering on my way to AC.. and i visited just about every camp west of the river.
The rest of the zone is just vacant.

and will bug this yea.

I lived btw...  It would have took them about .... 45sec of hitting me maybe more to kill me.
And most of the time they cast.
They run slow and dont summon.