Main Menu

For those wondering about Copper Medal...

Started by Baerek, July 08, 2006, 12:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baerek

I just went into Grimling today to check if Grimling was still messed up. Well, all the scouts were up, so I hailed Husman. He gave some different text than what was on all the guides, and he asked for a polished acrylia sphere to start his raid. I'd never seen this mentioned, but I found the sphere on one of the merchants in the outpost. I handed it to him, and he took me to camp one. He waited outside for a minute, told me to protect him (which was odd, since I've always read that they run away when the event starts), and then he told me to charge, and he ran in as well. I kept clearing the waves and a grimling officer spawned. Earlier he had told me to give him the officers scalp to end the raid. I looted the scalp and gave it to Husman. He said something, then handed me the Copper Medal of War!

From what I understand, this is how it used to work back when Luclin first came out. (I never did any of these events when the expansion came out). So, apparently, all you need to do is complete Husman's raid and you can get your copper medal now. I'm guessing the "new" code was way too messed up, so they reverted back to the old code. Good for BLs looking for their epic 1.0 I suppose.

And for those wondering...if you're high enough to wield the epic, you should have no problem with Husman's raid. I am 53 and did it no problem at all.

Nusa

Interesting. Yes, that does sound like the old version of the zone from years ago, when I did my 1.0.

Crumbles

Handed the actual medal and then the turn-in to Dumul worked?  Because the other scouts give Silver lined Copper Medal and Gold lined Copper Medal and neither of those have worked for the turn in.

Baerek

I got my seal and box from Dumul from the medal I got from Husman, if that's what you're wondering...

Helspawn

On The Nameless, as of 2 hours ago the scouts were down.

Laiina

First off, thank you for your willingness to share your info.

But, as I went to Grimmling, found the scout and still didn't get my medal today, I was wondering if you could provide some more details.

I did get Husman to take me to the camp and I slaughtered grimlings for an hour and nothing happened, no spirit callers, no officers, no nothing.

How many waves of grimlings did it take for the grimling officer to spawn? Was I just not patient enough? Did I give him the wrong stone?There was another beastlord at another camp experiencing the same never ending waves of grimlings... did we get something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated, as I'm rather frustrated.   :?

Thanks in advance.

Crumbles

You just have to wait on an officer to spawn, they are rare.  Once you've killed the officer and picked up his scalp you hand that to husman and he gives you the copper medal of war.  Currently, nothing spawns that drops it in his raid, you just have to be patient enough to get an officer so Husman can give you the medal when you finish his event.

Kanan

one more thing that I'd missed way back when: When Husman gets to the camp, you have to say one more thing to him to get him to spawn the camp for the medals & stuff.  Yes, I spent more than a coupla hrs killing there myself, trying to get the medal to drop before I actually read the text box and noticed that there was add'l thing to say to him ><
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Laiina

Thank you!

Now I know to not to try this again when I've only got an hour before I have to run out the door.

Two more questions though....

What do you say to Husman when you get to the camp? and Does anyone know Husman's respawn time?

Sorry if it seems i'm asking too many questions, but I'm worried about goofing it up again.

thanks!  :-D

Crumbles

This is exactly how it works at the present time:

Hand Husman the ore you need

He walks to the camp, you follow

He will stop, you go into the camp (there is nothing you have to say to him)

30 seconds or so later he will come charging in, and from that point on you will need to keep him alive until an officer appears in one of the waves

Loot the officer scalp, hand it to Husman, the event ends and he gives you the Copper Medal of War.

He will then walk back to his original spawn point and wait on the next person.

In regards to his spawn time, if someone lets him die it is currently up for grabs.  I have never seen him actually respawn, I only see him up after server resets or zone repops.

Baerek

You don't have to say anything to him anymore, once he's in the camp. He'll get to the camp, say something about how you should get prepared, then 30 seconds or so later, the event starts. It took me about 30 minutes to get an officer to spawn. I wasn't sure if it was just a rare spawn or not, but I guess it is from the sounds of it. Just be patient, I suppose.

Gilgasmesh

I tried this last night. i got the scalp but was unable to give it to the scout.  I tried to give it to him but no trade window would open up. no response from him at all. Also is there any way to end the waves of grimlings other than this because like energizer bunny they keep coming and coming and coming.