Main Menu

Plat farming

Started by Khauruk, July 10, 2006, 01:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

Howdy,

I'm going to be returning to the game soon, and looking to farm/spend some mad cash twinking out a couple of new toons.  What's a good place to farm some serious plat w/ said goal in mind (Qvic level gear, Anguish lvl weaps)?  I'm looking more for a reliable amount of pp/hour, rather than simply hoping for a rare/uncommon drop from named pharming (a la fungi tunic event).

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Kroshx

Could maybe try Sebilis or Droga. I know that deeper Droga it's around 20p/kill, plus the loot.
Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

mogtoth1

Can also try farming the shrooms in Undershore. Pretty easy kills, random drops and each tend to drop anywhere from 1 - 3 tradeskill items that sell for 8-24pp, plus gems. I can chain pull these almost continously without worry. Named shroom there drops a few nice items for either trib or cash.
Tails high and walk away with pride

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord
Clan nan Dreolan - Prexus

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1087128

Tigrah

I'm DoN/Elemental geared atm, and was for a while now soloing Sanctus Seru netting somewhere between 18-30/kill from even the green mobs. Deeper in they add fast with bad faction, and the 3 guards near the inner sanctum will not go down easy because they are all paladins.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Dasquid

Grieg's End is good. Mobs can drop up to 12pp and cash items like gems are fairly common. Named there drop solid tribute also. One named past the gate (Khemot something) can drop a book of impracticality 15k tribute. Droga is another good place. Mobs can drop as much as 21pp each, but the zone is screwed up. It was patched a while ago and spots where named used to spawn, dont anymore. Mob levels are strange too, I cleared one room, 2 mobs were dark blue to me at 70, the other was green.  Sirens Grotto is pretty decent as well, lots of quest gems, and people buy deepwater ink for tradeskills, some nice tribute stuff (netted kelp, etc) and I have gotten crushed diamond dust there a few times, sells for 3-4kpp on my server. Dont overlook stuff like crystalized sulfur either. I sell them cheap for 10pp each, and they are gone within minutes of me setting up my trader.

Phumog

I usually farm Othmir Furs in CS..Sell in Baz for upto 600pp/each on DRO. They also drop gems that sell for about 45P P each and crustacien armor that you can sell for about 35PP each.

I also solo/duo WoS alot looking for feran blood and bazu blood...these both sell rather well in baz and not to mention the chance of a named mob dropping some runes and other loots for ya.

Grolyn

Shissars in Ssra drops scales a lot and they usually sell well in bazaar.  Only the clothed model drops the red scale, the nekkid model drops undead scales that isnt worth anything.

Also Nightmare Arachnid Silk sells.  If you camp the spider along the south side of PoN between the river and gargoyle city, you could get 15-20 per hour and I often sell them at 2k each.  That's 30k to 40k per hour plus some aa xp.  They dont always sell fast but when someone do need them, all the silks usually poofs.  Usually I sell out once a week so depending on server economy you might sell faster or it may gather dust.

Gunzak

I went to the spiders and checked it out.  On pulling I got both and they hit in the high 400s and low 500s pretty often and had to haul ass and train the zone out at the hedge.  Slow did stick on both on first cast.  Even with one it would be difficult.  Looking at your magelo you only have 100ac and 700hp more but fully buffed with self buffs and conviction I am still over 8k.  Do you split these with a Druid and how much healing is required for you?  How hard are these for you I am just curious?  I have 20 avoidance and 3% shielding and can bot a Druid with a 1k heal.

Grolyn

Quote from: Gunzak on August 10, 2006, 10:20:58 PM
Looking at your magelo you only have 100ac and 700hp more but fully buffed with self buffs and conviction I am still over 8k.  Do you split these with a Druid and how much healing is required for you?  How hard are these for you I am just curious?  I have 20 avoidance and 3% shielding and can bot a Druid with a 1k heal.

My magelo is badly out of date.  I have 1700 ac, 10.5k self buffed plus viction and over 600 aa including maxed avoidance and migtation.  The spider do hit hard but usually I can solo 3 or 4 at a time with only needing a HOT pot to tide me over.  I still dont have a single 70 spell/disc aside from Rake.

Gunzak

Ok thats way different then.  I can duo PoV Golems with my Druid casting ensnare, 3 dots and 3-4 1k heals and Golems hit in the 440 range.  I can probly duo the spiders assuming I get em solo.  I tried to agro 1, had 2 come, without my Druid present and had to haul ass after i lost 40% of my hp in a few seconds.  Self buffed with Conv I am only around 8200hp so you are about 4000 more hp, 500 more ac and 600 aa more.  My Druid is almost 57 and at 58 he gets a 3k heal so I might try the spiders again after that.  Hopefully by then I will have another 200-300hp and another 50ac.  I am going to be buying Kizash Gloves, a new bracer and a new neck piece soon.  This weekend I purchased a 50hp/mana/end aug with 2% shielding so I am now up to 20 avoidance and 5% shielding.

Tardar

QuoteI can probly duo the spiders assuming I get em solo.

Pet pull ftw!

Kanan

I bet there's a good fight/pull spot, but you'll prolly have to experiment a bit to find it.  And a lot see invis that side, so the experimentation can be rough.  Problem I'd found the few rare times I messed around down there was killing one and then having another come along to play partway through.

I prolly should do this tho to silence the girlfriend's complaints abt lack of that material (since they don't snare ;p)

EDIT: my commentary was about PoNightmare, not PoV as topic shifted later in this thread.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Gunzak

I dont have suspend pet but i do have a Druid i duo with who can cast Harmony which should allow me to get 1 at a time.  The only issue then would be the lack of a good heal till 58.  Golems in PoV don't hit for too much less, max around 440, but I have no problem getting only 1 at a time.  The nice thing about the spiders is that the zone out is close by and they dont summon.

Oh I did check bazaar and the silks sell for 1k each so that would still be 15-20k per hour which is more then I get now.  Currently I can farm 50k in about 5 to 6 hours.

wingwhiper

At around 68 I was soloing PoV with no problem at all. I wouldn't say it was great for farming though. I had about 9k HP buffed and my level 68 pet of course was buffed with pet toys also. I would always pull the mob right to the corner of the wall that way when it runs I'll have enough time to kill it.