Main Menu

Greig's End - WTF???

Started by maxawesome, September 25, 2006, 04:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxawesome

What is the deal with the new Light Blue con???

I went to GE last night with my 66 druid bot, and at 70, my BST is seeing LB and greens all over the place, and my druid tracks nothing but LB's and reds (the zerker 2.0 mobs).

Did SoE "undo" the level con adjustment it made a while back? Or is this part of the new con system? I was under the impression that we would be seeing an additional color, not a smaller con range for the existing colors....

Anyone know what the deal is??

-Iidun

Kanan

/sigh.. there are several posts on this already on these boards and it was mentioned in the patch message as well, but here goes

old green = new gray
Old LB =  green today (you get xp from them)
Old DB has been broken up into 2 ranges, LB now = from green to your level minus 6
New DB now = your level minus one to your level minus 5

Clear now?

The mobs levels have not changed.  The con system is working as intended.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Gunzak

I was in PoS Saturday night.  Yellow cons to my 58 Druid were Dark Blue to my 65 Beastlord.  Even cons to my Druid were Light Blue, 7 levels below me, to my Beastlord.  If a mob is 6 levels or more lower then you then it is now Light Blue.  They still give ok experience, was about 2 per 1% reg in PoS on my Beastlord.

maxawesome

Thanks, yeah, I found those other threads as well.

All is clear now. Going to take me a while to get used to seeing an exp message from "greenies," and there is such a stigma attached with killing LB's that at 2am when I was in GE, my logic processors short-circuited and I went into OMFGWTFd00d mode.

Anyways thanks for clarifying.

-Iidun

Gunzak

I farm otters for plat while not going for regular experience and pre TSS they were all DB until level 62.  Now they are all Green at level 60.  I know greens give experience but that is a huge drop in con and in experience.

Taiglin

If they were db before TSS they should be lt blue now (assuming they are not w/in 5 levels of you). They would not have dropped 2 con level collors to green unless they were previously lt blue and/or you leveled.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]