Main Menu

Good soloing spot for easy xp

Started by Tigrah, July 14, 2006, 02:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigrah

Veksar has proven to be a great spot for both soloing, and xp. I was getting 2% aa per light blue kill, and up to 4% from dark blues wi/out using LotD. I'm level 70, and don't know what the lowest level would be for soloing in there, but I figured I'd offer it up for everyone. I heard it's a hotzone so we may as well capitalize on this opportunity :).

Edit: I just realized this could be helpful. with my buffs, and conviction I sit at 9.4khps, with 6.6-6.8k mana typically wi/out any form of tribute running. During the fights with the average DB mob I was mostly just hitting slow, and debuff. Only wi adds would I even bother using Growl. (Don't have swarm pet yet, so can't be really evil).
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Kroshx

Ooh, nice, will have to take a trip out there some time.
Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

Kanaisia

The best exp i have found in game for soloing has been actually in WOS in the Murk cave along the center wall, I typically get 6% a kill of aa exp.  Although well geared and aa'ed i thank any beast near 10 k would be able to hold the camp with minamal dificulty.  The murks do see invis and repop is about 20 min ...

Hope this helps.....

Kanaisia
Beastlord of Halcyon

recoil silverclaws

wolfs in stoneroot falls are prity easy too a few spots you have to pet pull tho so that might not be the best use of mana but still for those that can deal with breaking in a area and keep it locked down its desent exp 6-7% aa a kill if i remeber havent been there in a few weeks
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Kroshx

Quote from: Kanaisia on July 25, 2006, 09:11:11 PM
The best exp i have found in game for soloing has been actually in WOS in the Murk cave along the center wall, I typically get 6% a kill of aa exp.  Although well geared and aa'ed i thank any beast near 10 k would be able to hold the camp with minamal dificulty.  The murks do see invis and repop is about 20 min ...

Hope this helps.....

Kanaisia
Beastlord of Halcyon

Would that be buffed or unbuffed? Average beastlord, at least on my server, has about 5-6k unbuffed, which equals roughly 8-9k buffed. Added in to that they may not have very many defensive AA and they will have trouble with anything hitting harder than 350.

Skratz

10k buffed is do-able.  10k unbuff with some good lifetaps and shielding/aa/avoidance you can do it nearly without heals.
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

Inphared

My standard solo spot is generally WoS, although when I'm somewhat bored, I boot up a monk and a druid and go kill mobs in 68.2 for a while. The spot I use in WoS is right at the Noble's Causeway zoneline. I first pull the chimera that's up the tunnel, and then I make a left, and pull the room on the left. You get a double pull at first, but if you have decent stats it shouldn't be a problem. I like this spot the most, because the repop timer is somewhere around three minutes, so there are always mobs to kill.

mogtoth1

Soloing fallen spirits in Arcstone gives about 7% aa per and I can take 3 or 4 before having to rest up so not bad. Rubbish loot though.
Tails high and walk away with pride

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord
Clan nan Dreolan - Prexus

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1087128

Tigrah

Quote from: mogtoth1 on July 27, 2006, 06:37:20 PM
Soloing fallen spirits in Arcstone gives about 7% aa per and I can take 3 or 4 before having to rest up so not bad. Rubbish loot though.
mind giving some idea what your hp/ac/mana pools look like? maybe even a general idea on what buffs your using at the time please? I may just be crazy enough to attempt doing that, but I want to gauge from your info what my chances are with normal buffs.

Inphared

Most people post their magelo's in their signatures.

Kroshx

Some people don't update their magelos, either.

mogtoth1

Got serious probs with pc at home so doing this at work (looks around sneakily)......   HP about 12.5k, ac about 1800 atk about 2k. This is with just conv, c6. Rest is self buff only. Hope that helps

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord

Tigrah

helps a lot, ty. it also tells me I'm a bit off of being able to solo arcstone lol

Kanan

meh... you can prolly take the kirins with little trouble honestly.  They are verra gimp.  Most of the rest of the critters, they'll be more problematic, but that's mostly cuz of the procs/spells cast, etc (I've come to hate root so much this expansion ;p)
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

mogtoth1

If you hate root then stop playing withg the baby trees lol. The krins are a lot easier for a BL, about all they do is summon which isnt realy that much of a problem as they have low(ish) hp and dont hit too hard.

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord