Main Menu

Duo Spot with 70 Druid Bot

Started by Zebrn Beasword, February 18, 2006, 02:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebrn Beasword

Trying to make a run for max AA.  Where can I solo with a 70 druid bot (anguish gear + ) and get a decent amount of exp.  During PoP at level 65 I did it in PoE, now looking for a level 70 spot because I've been slacking lately.

(I've read most of the posts here, but trying to look for the best option).

Thanks guys. 
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

Iskandar

I've been duoing the spiders in Stoneroot with my druid. Easy kills, sometimes awkward pulls but nothing ya can't handle if ya have Anguish gear. If both you and the druid are Anguish, the Hive could work too (my druid's just a twink, so she lacks the mana for me to do a sustained run in the Hive). I prefer the spiders simply for the factions, but there's also plenty of orcs and shiliskin that are just as good for experience. I can pull an AA in 30-45 minutes in Stoneroot without any trouble.

You can also solo most anything in Undershore and make an AA in about an hour, but it's mind-numbingly boring. Ascent is still good for solo or duo, again about an AA an hour.
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Goradana

DoN creator missions arent bad. U can harmpull for those that needs split, they hit decently hard, but i can keep going almost nonstop with my bst+drood that are bazaar/don/quest geared. I get bout 6-7% AA per kill. Anguish+ should mean much more DPS then me, i kill those in 2,5-3 minutes per mob, so if u do em under 2 min u should see an AA under 30 minutes.

After killing the 2 guards inside u can run druid into middle and kill the 3 defuncts for some bonus XP, they die in one dot or one crit nuke.

Also chances are to get metallic drake scales and Glosy drake hides, and its an instanced so youll be left alone with your mobs, repops are 30 minutes
Downside is u need a 3d toon lvl 64+ in group to get the mission, but they can camp out or drop group as soon as u got mission, they may not leave the task tough. If a mob gets gate off he will bring plenty of friends if unlucky. If anyone gate, just soccur. Even if it doesnt move u far it clears agro and u can pull again.

Edit
Just to clarify, its 6-7% XP per mob per toon when grouped. "Solo with druid bot" meaning u drop him from group or wanting AA on both?

Moogasourus

I kinda like WoS caves for pure xp'n.   They die pretty quick for me...  you should be able to fly through them much faster that I.

Zebrn Beasword

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the reply's.  I posted it here by accident instead of the multi-box section because they all do like 4-5 characters and no way I'll do that :)

Edit-

I did Creator today with druid, was awsome.  Highly recommend.  I got 3 Metallic drake scales too :)
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

Robath

I dunno, personally i found KT was prety good duoing , box a shammy and bst. Just pulling humanoid mobs netted ~5-6% aa a killl per toon, plus with meldstone drops after 3 days of 8 hours a day i walked out with 47 AA each and an extra 425k in plat from meldstones. Cragbeast bloods sell nice as well if there are zerkers on your server that need it . And thats only if you take out a few on the downtime.

Khauruk

Mindless xp:  Fire, MPG, Thundercrest, SolRo tower, KT, Hive, Different DoD stuff, Tipt/Vxed.  Griegs (pile enough on you, and let the DS kill them....might work nicely).

RSS/Nest level will probably be a little bit difficult for the druid, but might be worth it.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Kanan

/chuckle.. KT's sorta a fun solo.. I can't just turn on attack and hit a potion every other mob ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Phumog

MPG maybe some camps in RCoD.....maybe even in the Nest.

maxawesome

Quote from: Goradana on February 18, 2006, 02:08:31 PM
DoN creator missions arent bad. U can harmpull for those that needs split, they hit decently hard, but i can keep going almost nonstop with my bst+drood that are bazaar/don/quest geared. I get bout 6-7% AA per kill. Anguish+ should mean much more DPS then me, i kill those in 2,5-3 minutes per mob, so if u do em under 2 min u should see an AA under 30 minutes.

After killing the 2 guards inside u can run druid into middle and kill the 3 defuncts for some bonus XP, they die in one dot or one crit nuke.

Also chances are to get metallic drake scales and Glosy drake hides, and its an instanced so youll be left alone with your mobs, repops are 30 minutes
Downside is u need a 3d toon lvl 64+ in group to get the mission, but they can camp out or drop group as soon as u got mission, they may not leave the task tough. If a mob gets gate off he will bring plenty of friends if unlucky. If anyone gate, just soccur. Even if it doesnt move u far it clears agro and u can pull again.

Edit
Just to clarify, its 6-7% XP per mob per toon when grouped. "Solo with druid bot" meaning u drop him from group or wanting AA on both?

Sounds like you and I are similarly geared. Mind posted a magelo link so I can have a look to see if I might be able to handle this too?

Thanks!

maxawesome

Quote from: Goradana on February 18, 2006, 02:08:31 PM

Edit

Also, is this still possible with the "fixes" that went in since February (e.g. faster respawn times, etc.)?

Thanks!

Khauruk

The changes shouldn't affect the ability to solo in there - you just won't be able to finish the mission (probably).  W/ enough dps, and succour from the druid, you might be able to do so though.
TURNCOAT!!!!!