Main Menu

Yet another boxing question

Started by Arrturisgym, July 23, 2006, 06:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arrturisgym

hey all, decided to register and start posting here to get some informed opinions about what character to box. Here is the situation:
I play a necro main (anguish +, 400aas) while my roomate plays a paladin + shaman. At the moment I have a druid which i bring along when we play together and also often box the druid with my necro when kiting... however i'm beginning to feel as if the druid sacrifices too much for their somewhat limited utility... a cleric heals substantially better and a druid can't touch a real dps class. so my question is basically what class would fit well into our group set up while also being a good duo partner with my necro (and would would be giving up a lot by replacing the druid)? thanks in advance

Khauruk

Hmm...Mage/wizard would probably bring the most easy stuff to the table, assuming the shammy's enough healing (I'd think so if roomate is anguish-geared also...you never said).  Wizard would restore some of the druid's utility, though from what I understand, they get outdpsed by mages high end.  You could go w/ what you know (2nd necro), of course.  Or a ranger - archery is easily botted, though doesn't do as well duo w/ necro.  But, they bring some good fast non-FD pulling, and a second tank for the group also.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Taiglin

I guess one way to approach the question is with the Pal/Sham + nec what doesn't the druid bring to the table that you want. You mention DPS. In that case I would agree that a mage would be a good addition, easy to bot, and complements a nec duo. It does come with some utility but I look at the laundry list of things the Druid DOES bring: tracking, instant group fixed duration invis, rez in the form of bringing a toon to the body, Barkspur DS (the more I think about this spell the more I think I like it - have yet to use it though), evac, ports, backup/primary healing, FoE, etc etc. Most of those things work well with a nec druid as well and the fight style can compliment nec kiting especially with the lvl 61 DoN snare to get that first snare in.

I would also recommend using the Druid's lvl 66 AE spell. I use it so much on mine that it has replaced the single target DD spell I had in my normal lineup (get the DD spell crit AA lines). Anymore AE range is really mob size dependant. We have quite a few druids in our small guild (many are bots). If we have 2 or 3 out of the "main" group we usually don't group them because it is very easy for them to KS xp just using this spell 2x each. This isn't to say they do as much damage as a pure caster, am just saying don't sell them short either.

As far as a cleric goes. It would work well when you both group but I don't see a cleric/nec as a particularly good combo. Sure they have healing and you can rez but they just come with built in invis to undead which you have and really can't convert mana into DPS in a nec kite or root & rot xp session in a way that another class can.

Anyway, that is my 2cp. To give this some context my three box is Bst/Nec/Dru or Cleric

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]