Main Menu

NC Fight

Started by Inphared, July 24, 2006, 08:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inphared

I've seen guides for the Grimlings, the Jaggedpine fight, and just about everything else accept for the NC fight.

If anyone could post a link to something that would give some detail into this particular encounter, I'd lub joo forever! :evil:

But, if all else fails, could anyone that's done this recently (IE 1-2months ago) post some info on the fight? Like how hard do the Crushers hit? Snareable/Rootable? Splittable? Any procs? How long does the encounter stay active before the Terror despawns? How about the DDA that spawns from this? How hard does he hit? Despawn time? Etc. etc.

Skratz

I did this with 6... well 5 people. 
The event spawns on top of the ruins in the middle of a 3-path split before Jillia.  I reccommend clearing the area before spawning the event.

My experience:
I was totally unprepared for this as I could also not find any info.  I was told by a friend that I could duo the whole thing with a pally.  I took a few more just in case and it turned out just enough.
The group was Cleric, SK, bst, bst, rng, rng in TIME gear only(I had DoD gear about 11.5k buffed w/o growl at the time).  We did not pre-clear the area.
1 ranger ran into the center and got beat down instantly, we didnt rez her till the end(5 people left for the fight).  The adds do not hit very hard, I tanked 1c and an add, other bst tanked 1c and an add, the ranger tanked one add and the sk tanked 2c's and an add.  Total of 4 Crushers and 4 adds. (I might mention we had an awesome cleric)
Crushers are leashed but do summon iirc and Terror is rooted.  We fought them away from terror then engaged terror after the crushers were down.  Terror was not bad at all, DDA was a wuss.  SK tanked half, then he got mezzed and I tanked the last half.  The hardest part of this is dealing with multiple mobs.
The entire group was oom after the fight, but it was one heck of a ride!

If you clear the area before hand, the fight should be very simple.  Terror had quite a few hp.  I hope this helps!  Feel free to add some info/other experiences.
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

Inphared

Since a number of Beastlords are now moving on to this step of the epic now that Grimling Forest has been fixed, I'm going to explain what I did following my combines.

I 3 -boxed this fight. Beastlord, Cleric, Druid, and a Magician friend helping. Magelo's posted at the end, for those interested in the gear-level of these toons.

I got to the spawn location of the mobs, killed a few trash, and then Stone Thrower paid me a visit. Took him out with moderate difficulty.

Once Jillaa spawned and I made a fresh clear of the area, I moved my toons up on the ledge next to the metal bridge connecting the canyons. I spawned the fight, and then had my druid use an AE snare on the Terror so as to gain agro on all 4 Crushers. I seemed to only agro three, but was unaware, so the Mage CoH'd the druid (like I had originally intended), and proceeded to kill the 4th Crusher.

I tried pulling him up to the ledge where I was, but it didn't work. He kept warping back for some reason, so I slowed the Terror (fully slowable), then the Crusher, and proceeded to kill him. As the Terror was out of melee range of me, healing was not a problem. My druid has the Aura of Life spell, so the Explosion of Bone was removed and no real damage was done to my party. Healing was a very small issue, as the Crusher did not hit me for over 800 at any point.  I killed the Crusher with little difficulty, then proceeded to kill the Terror.

My suggestion, would be to debuff the Terror before you move within melee range. Malosinia landed very easily, and thus I was able to use Sha's Revenge for a longer-duration Slow. Then, once I had decent agro, I moved my toons directly under the Terror, and started killing him. I can't recall what it was, but I would periodically get thrown by some kind of knockback and one of my casters would take some damage, but seeing as the mob is fully slowable, it was laughable. At one point, the mountain bazu respawn popped onto me, and I just had the pets / mage kill him. Nothing major. Once the Terror died, the DDA spawned like normal.

I started killing the DDA, and he got pushed off of the little platform he spawns on. I tried to move him back up so my casters could have line of sight, but he got stuck inside the platform, making all of my casters "unable to see their target". Mage moved back up onto the ledge where I started, and CoH'd my druid and cleric A) for an agro wipe, just to be safe, and B) to move them with little difficulty. I then pulled the DDA up onto the ledge, and continued. When the DDA was at about 15%, two Dragorns came roaming along (or maybe static spawns, not sure) and agro'd my party. I killed them the same way as the mountain bazu, but they came close to killing my cleric once. DDA didn't enrage, and I dropped him with little difficulty. I resisted every single mez he threw at me, and I had zero resist buffs. Even if I had gotten mezzed, I doubt it would have been a problem.

All in all, a very easy fight. It took me almost 45 minutes, because both the Terror and the DDA have phenominal amounts of hitpoints. The only thing you have to watch for are respawns, but otherwise, very easy. My cleric was above 70 mana the entire fight, and the Magician and Druid were at about 40 or so from nuking and healing. No deaths at all (including pets).

Druid Magelo
Magician Magelo
Cleric Magelo

My magelo is in my signature.

NOTE -- The Druid and Cleric are no longer members of that guild. They are retired friends and I've not acquired the access to change the backgrounds of those magelo's. The Magician is my best friend, and is still an active EQ player. Please do not send any of these characters tells thinking that it's me, as the originals may play at times when I do not.

Rilelil

Extremely east fight had no problems what so ever with this fight war pulled all the crushers we killed and then rushed Terror and and then beat down  DDA waas done with the fight in less then 10 minutes

Raukus

Why o why does SOE feel the need to aggrivate me so.  I can not stand waiting around for hours for a mob to spawn.  Do a simplistic fight, trivial even.  then you have to wait around forever so you can hand her the drop, then go to shar val and hand in another item or talk to Muada w/e, then go back and wait around yet again for this dumb ass troll bitty to spawn again so you can do one more thing before moving on to the last fight and then guess what, yep you will have to wait again.  OMG enough already, give me a static spawn or a set timer, ie she will spawn on every even hour game time and be up for 15 min or something like that.  Any way on to my last waiting spot now Im almost done woot.