Main Menu

New solo area for 55 BL

Started by Baerek, July 26, 2006, 02:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baerek

I just have a quick question. I have a 55 Beastlord at the moment. I've been doing some soloing in Dulak, and occasionally I can play a 63 druid outside of group for buffs and heals and stuff. With the druid, I can clear either the Oceancrasher or Dandolak with about 5 minutes before respawn, and end with near 100% hp and around 75-80% mana. This is fully self buffed, KEI, and virtue. In Dulak, when I can use the druid, all I do with him is DS, regen, and snare. Heals aren't nessesary usually, since basically everything on those boats are single pullable. When I solo the boats, with no druid, I end up around 40-50% hp and mana, and respawn is about 2-3 minutes away at this point. I usually med for a few minutes after respawn begins just to get up to about 80%/80%.

Anyway, I've been in Dulak for the last 4 or 5 levels, and although it is good exp, I'd like a change of scenery. Assuming I won't be able to get my druid on to have outside of group, what are some good places to solo at this level with comparable exp? I don't really care if it's slightly worse, just as long as it's new. I have all expansions, so that's not much of an issue. I was thinking going up the waterfall in Nurga and trying that area, but I'm not sure how difficult that would be at my level, or if there would be a lot of multiple pulls. I did the lower level area in Nurga (down the pit) to do my Expert Seal Book, but those were all light blue and green, and the exp wasn't that good, though I was able to slaughter them. I got about 4 blue AA an hour, where as I could get about 7 blue AA an hour in Dulak.

Just for reference, self-buffed, with kei and virtue I am running just shy of 5k hp with 4850, just over 4k mana, 995ac and 1100atk. I have ornate BP for haste as well as a worn 36% haste item. I have good weapons as well. I also use the 35 damage DS potions, and have access to 5 veteran rewards. Any other places I'm not thinking of? Thank you guys in advance for the help here.

Zorthaz

I would be looking hard at Veksar.  The exp is good and if you group the Druid and use the Druid's atk debuff and nukes I think the exp would be good.  You could start with the goblins at the front and then work your way back to the undead.  There are not a lot of roamers and lots of good corners to park a druid.

-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Baerek

Veksar came to my mind. Biggest issue is most areas near the zone in are pretty well camped right now. I suppose I could probably get goblins or the beginning undead area if I tried. Would the undead be single or at most double pullable by me, assuming I am not going to pet pull? Would want a good pet for dps, of course.

Zorthaz

The undead have a low aggro range.  The first undead you come to are one to a small cubby.  You should be able to go up the ramp into the first room and park the druid there.  Just for safety sake have an evac loaded.  Take the beast down the hallway to your right where the cubbies are with undead.  Just remember there will be undead in cubbies on both sides of the hall.  Try pulling the first one and if he aggros the one across the hall, move back to just inside the room with your druid. Hit protective spirit and have the druid root one.  Now back into the room and burn that mob down before root breaks.  You may want to toss a slow on the rooted mob to make sure you have aggro when root breaks.

-Z-

Baerek

Ok, here are my experiences...

First of all, if you are a mid 50's BL who can box a 60+ healer outside of group, then do it. The exp here is better than any exp I've ever gotten doing anything on any character at this level. I can get 70% of an AA (Doing AA to let my brother catch up a bit) in the time lesson of the devoted is up. In other words, with LotD, 1 hour for an AA, without, 90ish minutes for an AA. I can clear 12 mobs in the respawn time (about 18 minutes). Great thing is, 12 mobs is exactly the number of easy, short pulls to the first room after you've gone up the ramp from zone in area. Every pull is single except the last one, it's a double. This pull is down the hall/ramp from the phantom room. Usually I'll tag one with slow, pull to the first room, nuke that mob (to lock agro), switch targets, then slow and kill that one. I try to make sure I'm in melee range of both mobs, or my pet is on the mob I'm on. This makes healing more efficient for my druid. If you were soloing, obviously you'd use difference tactics. I would be willing to bet a 55+ BL could probably solo this area, except any names that spawn, the phantom, or the double pull might be difficult to pull off. Also, a large number of mobs HT for 500+, so that's something to consider as well. Anyway, I typically can't play for more than a couple hours a day, so this place is perfect, as I can easily get an AA and a half per day. I know, not great with regards to level 70's in high end zones, but awesome for a level 55.

Some things to keep in mind, however. The area you will be killing in is pretty high traffic as it's the only way into the rest of the zone. Most groups will itu past this area, however some will kill their way down. If you can keep the area clear, you should have no problems with people killing down. However, I've had two instances so far where I had just gotten there and people started killing down. Luckily, they don't have to kill everything, so there should still be things to kill. But you might end up having to wait for respawn.

Zorthaz

I have been heading to Veksar to burn lesson with my 70 bst or my 67 Pal.   As you gain levels you can just move in deeper  to continue getting dark blue mobs.  As you move in you will need to know the golems are not undead so you will need regular invis you you plan to move past them.  If you have some IVU potions and your own invis memmed to get to the highborns/nobles area easily.  Start will invis by the goblins.  Switch to IVU at the top of the first ramp.  Switch back to regular invis just as you are leaving jacuzzi room and see the first golem in the courtyard.  Head to the shop keeper's building.  Inside the first room of the building switch back to IVU.  Climb the stairs to the top floor and jump out the hole in the wall.  Welcome to the highborn/nobles area.  The nice thing is if things get really bad there is a ramp you can take that drops you right back at the goblin area.  Make sure you call your train because there is sure to be a group there exp'ing off the gobbies.

-Z-

Baerek

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking about using this zone for quite a while, doing just what you said. The first undead area is about 75% light blue to my 63 druid. So, I figure I'll start seeing light blue at about 60, maybe 59. I believe the lowest level in that area is 45, but I'm not too sure. I love Veksar...such a great zone. I grouped there with my enchanter the day it went live, but have never soloed. I figured it wasn't a good solo zone, but it's a good thing I was wrong. I'll give it 4 or 5 levels and I'll probably move to the "hot tub" area.