Main Menu

Hunting tactics, at 65+

Started by Haggatha, July 31, 2006, 02:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haggatha

Greetings all,

I'm one of those who prefer to quickly slaughter just barely blues, instead of tougher kills for more xp per kill, but with longer kill times. I want to compare how I hunt, with what spells I use, to what you use.

Buff List - Haste, SV, SD, Dex, IOS, Regen, Ferocity, Sometimes Frenzy. Regen about 80% of the time.

Third party buffs - preferably mana regen of some sort. Never pay for anything else, but will use it if its free.

Pull with Slow, Sic Kibbles, make sure he is on back of mob, in rogue position. Melee until dead, drop occasional nuke.   Repeat.

I modify this occasionally, like in Stillmoon temple, where I will pull with Annul, sic kibbles, Slow, then Annul again. That gets rid of that crazy run like a frigging madman thing when they take off on their death run/walk. For those statues, that love to try to gate on me, I'll use incap on them in the beginning, and swap my flame licked claws into primary when they hit around 50%, to increase that stun proc.

Drawback here is mana regen of course, which I can improve. I have 2 pts mana regen from AA, 5 worn, 5 tribute, SD, A mana preservation IV piece (shoulders from DoN) and usually a mana regen potion of some sort.

Health is pretty good - 17 points worn regen + troll regen (3 from AA), 2 100 point lifetaps (one primary, one secondary). WA 5. Lifetaps make a huge, huge difference.

I prefer to target casters, because with Ferocity running my resists are mostly mid 200's (another area I need to work on) but since I usually hunt just barely blue's, this means 95% of the spells bounce. And casters love to keep casting, nerfing Dps.

Anything obvious I"m missing? Now that I've just hit 66, is there any change I'll need to make to my basic strat? Mobs are starting to hit harder now, and I'm thinking I might need to start getting some AA for kibbles, to up his damage. I try to buy armor for him when I can, so that if/when I back out, he has more tanking ability. After reading an older thread, I've started back using kick. For an additional 1 to 1.7 dps, its worthwhile, I think.

For tanking, whats our options for keeping aggro? I know about Flash of Light, but the cast time is longish.  Do we have any other good spells for grabbing aggro?

Nekokirei

i find slow+FoL+Incapacitate generally grabs all the aggro i want plus some i don't.

tastian has a real nice workthrough on warder power through AAs.  the short of it is you get more bang for your AA picking up Warder Alacrity over Warder's  Fury.  I've had both for quite some time and have throuroughly enjoyed them.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Tiroon

Quote from: Haggatha on July 31, 2006, 02:47:34 PM

Buff List - Haste, SV, SD, Dex, IOS, Regen, Ferocity, Sometimes Frenzy. Regen about 80% of the time.

Third party buffs - preferably mana regen of some sort. Never pay for anything else, but will use it if its free.

I don't see Kragg in your buff line-up.

Outside buffs: If our friendly shaman is about I bum Spirit/Talisman of Sense (avoidance) and Spirit/Talisman of Might (Haste and + Damage mod). That usually gets me Wunshi, Fortitude, Bih`Li, Perseverance and some others into the deal. *purrrrrr*
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Kanan

umm... slight nitpick.. might's just 5% damage mod, nuthin else.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Tiroon

*nod* well spotted - thank you. :oops:
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Kanan

hate nitpicking on good info, just had that one bit wrong =/
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar