Main Menu

Veksar Hotzone and Lvl 66 Solo

Started by Nekokirei, August 10, 2006, 02:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nekokirei

rather nice place while it's a hotzone.  could actually SEE my xp bar move.  this makes me sad b/c i tried GE while xp'ing and was hating it.  AA are *awesome*.  not it's not MPG for AA, but rather nice for the solo beast.

been hanging in the Warlock/Luminary/Heirophant room--actually got the ribbon of empathy to drop--and loving it.  undead mobs resist our dots, but rarely resist our nukes.  also found a taste of incapacitate works pretty well.  Warlock room non-named mobs max hit i've taken is 198, but that's a rare--named hit a bit over 200 occasionally.  all are casters and tend to try casting more than swinging.

added benefit, the weapons they drop can be turned in for Cabalis faction and plat.  mob on edge of lake, an iksar named something Iceblood will accept 4 of the same type of weapon for plat and faction--crusaders, citizens, mystics, and troopers.

watch out though, as it's a hotzone, the level of tards with penis issues scales proportionately with the xp--ie deliberate training, link whores, camp stealers, etc.  so, finding a nice quiet out of the way spot (like i did with commander room) may not work out well when the asshats show up--berloody well had a fab time taking down commander until a bard trained every golem in the place and then faded in my secluded spot.

do i sound bitter? just a bit as i was well on my way to pinging my 7th AA for persistant minion upon dinging 67.  more still, gated out just in time while my warder took the punishment of the commander and the golems (thank you paragon+growl).  however, i  then was easily convinced by my guild to join an expedition for murk school leader and menlo, where,i won a greater rune; and  all b/c some useless toe-rag trained me.

i almost want to thank the little git.

none-the-less, at 66, it's a  terrific xp/aa zone right now despite the occasional nose goblin.

good hunting my fellow khati sha!
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm