Main Menu

Looking for a good solo zone

Started by griff10, August 22, 2006, 02:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

griff10

Ok I am a 62 Bst with 19 aa's!  I have good weapons but armor does need upgading.  I have also started 2 boxing and have a 45 Cleric to use.  Does anyone know a good zone out there that I can solo in and get good regular exp?  My guild is dying and am having a very hard time finding groups.  This is why i decided to 2 box, since I was alone and cant get anyone to group.  Im on the Tribunial server and not sure if its me or if the server is dying too!  Very frustrated right now.  I cant seem to get good exp, and upgrade my armor.  If this contiues I guess I may have to call it quits!  Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Gahlin 62 Bst Tribunial server

Khauruk

I would probably xp in Dranik's Scar myself.  It won't be great xp for your Beastlord, though it will be wonderful in helping to get your cleric up to level.  The side benefit is that it will give you the faction hits for OOW Tier 1 armor, and it has some possible very expensive cash drops you can get from the zone.  If you can get a puller, you could also hop into a Dranik's Hollow instanced zone, which I like.

*Once your cleric is 55, I'd start checking out Crypt of Decay probably (assuming you just go 100% AA on the Bst). 
*PoDisease by the Grummus castle could be good.  PoNightmare or Innovation as well.  *You could also do some lower GoD zones (Riwii, iirc for the 25 regen tunic). 
*If you could handle an occasional split (or like to pet pull), Bloodfields is probably doable right now, but you won't get the faction hits at the entrance like in DS. 
*Some DON zones are doable, but there's not much reason to hang out in the non-instanced versions if you're not looking for the progression quests yet.  Also, training is inevitable in many of those.
*Corathus Creep - hard to get some of the camps, but it should be doable.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Taiglin

Head to Veksar + is a hotzone; will be good xp for both toons. While LFG issues will always exist (IMO) I think you will find it easier the closer to the level cap you are. Since that level cap is about to go up I would suggest going straight xp over the next month to get as close as you can to 70. My thought process/guess is there will be more people actually grouping to 1) check out new zones and 2) level to get to the new cap. Better to catch some of that wave then be left in the wake. One of the lessons learned from DoD was try to get progression/group content knocked out early when there is a big push to get them done. Try to do them now and they are BYOG (bring your own group). From all that I have read there wont be as much group instance content in TSS but we don't know what spell delivery mechanic they are going to use yet.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Haggatha

I deeply, deeply enjoyed Nurga. I'm an oddity though. I did 5 levels (58 to 64 - some hunts in other locations) solo there, and 80 odd AA. The XP per mob isn't that great, but you can mow through them pretty darn fast. Work on your dps AA to get to killing faster and faster.... at 65, I was getting one AA every hour and 20 minutes or so, solo, with no downtime.  That was enough to keep me happy.

As usual, your mileage may vary. One friend of mine couldn't stand the low xp per mob, and another loathed being dotted. (I ignored the DoT's, myself, they made very little difference. The key is, of course, to find the lowest level of mobs in there that are consistantly blue. If I remember right, for 62 that should be up toward the exit to Droga.

Haggatha moles

Taiglin

I also enjoyed that zone and spent a bit of time there. Wasn't it jacked up and went back to pre-revamp sate when the progression servers launched?

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord

fryet

I would also recommend Veksar.  The early mobs may not be that great exp, but you should be able to solo them easily.  If you can find a group in there (which is very likely), you can exp against mobs that are within 5 levels of your own.  The great thing about soloing in Veksar, is mobs don't run, and you have very few wanderers.  You have mobs that are evenly spaced, just waiting for someone to pull one at a time.

tunr

I spent some time in Veksar over the weekend. At 67 the entrance mobs are green. I just trolled my way to the Golem area and and fun with my 65 cleric. kill/time ratio was great and little to no down time. Had a guildie come join me and we cleared the golems out fastenough we had to sit and wait for repops
Tunr Pishsandwitch
an Officer of
SoulBound of Mith Mar
-----------------------------------
We are the beastlords that say -- 'Roar!'

Haggatha

No, Nurga was rolled back on the progressive server's only. Its fine on the actual full servers.

Gunzak

GE while not the best experience is steady at that level and the zone is almost always empty.  I have done hours and hours of leveling here and I still love it.  My old beast did 68 to 70 here earning around 3-4% an hour so you can imagine how long that took.   Besides experience you can get tribute loot, gems and items for sale to other players in the bazaar.  The mobs dont hit very hard so your 45 cleric should be more then enough for this zone.

Okighu

Find the task master in Gunthak or OT...I recently went from 63 to 66 in about a week doing the "Long" tasks they offer...giving me anywhere between 10% to 20 % of my level + 180pp for a couple hours work.

I've found the ones in Gunthak a lil bit easier since all the zones are right there and most if not all the mobs don't see invis so I can get to where i need for each stage that much easier...but if you'd rather fight yer way around tasks that take you to Veksar are fun :P

Taiglin

Does anyone happen to have a list of tasks/task masters? This sounds like it would help break up the grind a bit.

Okighu

I started out at the task master in PoK...she's near the Erudite that sells jewelry supplies and gems ...west? of the MB.  She wasn't able to give me a task but told me which zones I could find someone who would.  Finding the taskmaster is made easy by using "find" ...I don't think that there is a list of tasks but they seem to be standard templates of subtasks like go here, talk to this person, kill 10 mobs, collect 4 of these things and deliver these 4 things to this guy...the only thing I consider is which zone I feel like going to...the gunthak tasks take you to a mix of Torigans, Nadox and Hate's Fury...the Kunark tasks I've found will take you to Droga if they start in FM, Veksar if they start in LOIO and can also take you to Old Seb if they start in Trak (but those are far too much running for me)

Tardar