Main Menu

Twink Guide

Started by Yink, August 23, 2006, 10:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yink

I'm a relatively new beastlord and wanted to play a pet class.  Heres wot i did from around lvl 20+ (well i always gave my pet stuff).

Potions
To me these are the single biggest help to any class soloing.  They will lower your downtime considerable and allow you into zones way b4 you should )
- Distillate of SkinSpikes (Do NOT under estimate how helpful these are - even with my pet hit for 60-80's, i'd say half of my damage comes from this DS!!)
- Distillate of Celestial Healing/Mana Regen/Haste,  Heal over time potions will heal you more than the straight up Single heal ones, mana regen (yay - allows more casting), Haste (only 25pct at lvl 30+, still useful)

Pet Stuff
I generally camp each day in the Baz, so when i get up in the morning buy
- Summoned : Crystal Belt x2
- Summoned : Muzzle of Mardu x2
I then search 2HND Blunt with price set below 200pp, any thing with higher Damage than 30 i tend to buy - cheap weapons i've found available are
  - Tae Ew 2hnd'r (required lvl 51 but your pet doesn't seem to care  :-) )
  - Charred Wooden rod  (damage = 37)
  - Woodsman's staff (damage = 31)
Your pet will have a max hit of at least Double the weapon damage

Tribute
Use it - it helps on downtime and is cheap to maintain.  From lvl 10 onwards.
My current set up is
- Power of conservation (mana preservation)
- Power of recovery (improved healing)
- Replenishing body (Regen)
- Strength of body (HP's)
- Swift Arms (haste)
Obviously if you alrdy have haste item/mana preservation/etc item then grab a different one  :wink:
Mistletoe Cutting Sickles give 1312 tribute and go for around 200pp on my server.

Weapon Procs
While in your home town - grab the cheapo weapon procs from the Melee Aug guy.  I generally stick to the life tap ones (Dioptase) in my lvl range and the one below it (they are lore).   NOTE : The Heal over time aug will apparently overwrite your HoT potions - so if you do use these then either Bandolier out the weapon when you want to use a potion or potion in your downtime.

Equipment
I'm not overly twinked as such, as i never know whether i'm gonna keep a toon or not.  Items i do have
Belt of the great turtle (regen 2)
Earring of solstice (mana regen 1 - wot twink does'nt have this, 15mins and under 3k)
Zekha's Katar and Smoking Brand are my current weapons (i'll prob upgrade the brand soon to another katar).  i also have a 2nblunt just to practice with it.
Other items i have are mainly for the metal effect - phase spider carapace, brown chitin leggings, helm of rile (looks kewl, but stats suck - does crown of narindi have the same look??)

With your all set up - I did PC till 22, then Neth Lair till 28, then DSP till 31, then OT (Hot Zone) till 37, i'm now soloing in DL at 37-38.  I found the xp in OT considerably more than DSP and i'd prob recommend coming to OT at 30 when you get your new pet )

Good luck

Yink !

Tiroon

Narandi's crown has cloth graphics i.e. none at all unlike the plate look of Rile's helm.

Giving the pet stuff is what I do all the time. Sometimes it's even intentional. :-D
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Gunzak

I use pretty much the same set up for tribute.  When I duo with my Druid or in a Creator/MPG type of group I use regen, mana regen, hp, mana pres 4 and instead of haste I use the tribute that adds to attack.  When doing a 69.1 kite group i remove hp and atk and use Burning Affliction and Affliction Efficiency.  Now that i have the Fire Tyrant tunic, gotta love FV server, i will replace mana pres 4 with something else.  I have a 36% haste aug and 50% from spells so tribute haste isnt needed for me.

I also use potions and pet gear.  The potions help with healing and mana regen when I cant grab a KEI and the pet weapons add a lot more dps while soloing or grouping.  With 2 pet weapons and pet proc I see tons of proc spam filling the screen.

I enjoy your write up and pretty much agree with you on everything.  i have never tried giving the pet a 2h weapon as i always give him 2 weapons with +75hp and 160 procs.  I usually I give him 1 weapon with stun and one with cold or fire proc depending upon where i am going.