Main Menu

70 with poor gear

Started by Jerac, August 29, 2006, 01:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerac

I am looking for a place to solo at 70 with poor gear. I took more than a year off so my gear is velious / luclin / pre-time lvl. I would appreciate a decent place to solo.
Jerac
70 Vah Shir Beastlord
League of Levity
The Rathe

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=285348

dainfrol

Veksar, if you go down to the Theater you should be able to do well enough there and you get some (not great) plat drops there.  All the mobs will be blue there and drop around 10 plat, so you should be able to start working up to get some better gear while you are working on your exp.  Be carefull down there because ther are a large number of morons with it being a hot zone and all.  Just so we know how "poor" your gear is do you have a magelo?

You can check mine in my sig.  When I go there I have quite a bit of down time and start killing some of the Iksar Golems and I go the other way and kill some more up stairs.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

gordulek

Heck, that gear isn't terrible.  Veksar, Droga (zone is bit borked atm, mentioned on other threads), and GE would all be good.  Plane of Hate isn't bad xp either.  Most of the standard suggestions in this forum would work just fine for you.

Taiglin

Try Arcstone making sure you get the quests out of Relic and the cloak one from Arcstone itself first. You wont be able to solo the mobs but there is usually a few folks up there. The mini named in the zone can drop armor pieces (Wildkin) which are nice too. I think I wear 3 pieces.

Veksar is nice because it is a hotzone.

Edit: The armor itself is actually a drop called Spirit Mark of XXX that you turn in. Bst armor is called Wildkin if you want to look it up. Only the bp and legs are no trade.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

maxawesome

Quote from: Taiglin on August 29, 2006, 04:19:26 PM
Try Arcstone making sure you get the quests out of Relic and the cloak one from Arcstone itself first. You wont be able to solo the mobs but there is usually a few folks up there. The mini named in the zone can drop armor pieces (Wildkin) which are nice too. I think I wear 3 pieces.

Veksar is nice because it is a hotzone.

Edit: The armor itself is actually a drop called Spirit Mark of XXX that you turn in. Bst armor is called Wildkin if you want to look it up. Only the bp and legs are no trade.

To clarify this, what you want to do is get the quest for Cloak of the Spirit Tracker in Relic, which takes you to Arcstone to kill and collect a Mark from the big named mobs in Arcstone. There's also a quest for a nice ring called the Relic Shopkeeper's Ring, and an augment too of similar name. All these require you to hunt/kill/collect in Arcstone, and can be easily done by a full 70 group.

Next, the Wildkin armor comes from a turn-in. Here's how it works: Kill mini named in Arcstone (Embra and Shelkar at the fire pits drop the Spirit Mark of Fire and Spirit Mark of Battle respectively, for the Leggings and BP also respectively). Other mobs that drop it are the named wisp (drops Spirit Mark of Scale for the wrist piece) and other named in the zone drop the other Spirit Marks (Tree mobs for the head piece Mark, and can't remember for sleeves and boots).

What Taiglin meant was that all of the Spirit Marks are tradeable *except* Fire and Battle (Leggings and BP). So, you could easily purchase these in the bazaar, or potentially get from guildmates/friends etc.

Next, you take the Spirit Mark to the quest giver in Arcstone (High Elf chick, can't remember the name atm), and you have to purchase the appropriate pattern from her (they range from 1kpp to 2.1kpp by piece). Then you hand her the pattern and the mark, and voila, armor on par with Time gear.

-Iidun

Tigrah

Quote from: dainfrol on August 29, 2006, 09:42:02 AM
Veksar, if you go down to the Theater you should be able to do well enough there and you get some (not great) plat drops there.  All the mobs will be blue there and drop around 10 plat, so you should be able to start working up to get some better gear while you are working on your exp.  Be carefull down there because ther are a large number of morons with it being a hot zone and all.  Just so we know how "poor" your gear is do you have a magelo?

You can check mine in my sig.  When I go there I have quite a bit of down time and start killing some of the Iksar Golems and I go the other way and kill some more up stairs.

you are now on my least favorites beast list for giving away my secret soloing place. :P lol
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Taiglin

To further clarify the clarification: mini named trees (are 3 IIRC) can drop gloves and head; water (1) can drop boots; dervs (2) can drop arms.  :-D

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord

Raukus

Another place to get some decent leather drops, dont know if it would upgrade you or not, is the ground floor namer spawns in Harbringers Spire.  Corroded Girplain stuff drops alot in there, helm, wrist, arms for sure, plus some mana and hp regen augs.  Not bad for plat loots either plus some other items drop you can sale in the bazzar to increase funds or tribute.

Raukus

Also in Harbringers is are the drops for a belt quest.  Melee version isnt bad might be a decent upgrade.  The drops are pretty easily obtainable, 3 drop off trash on the ground floor one item up on the third lvl you may need a little help with.  Here is the link http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2961 Good luck

Taiglin

Actually if you are a cat there is a quest in the Tak PoR zone IIRC where you give a seed to an NPC in Plane of Growth. Belt has like 175hp or something crazy. Belt of the Rainmaker or something close.

Shieara

Dunno if you were wanting gear suggestions, but looking at your magelo, I'd look into doing the Slipgear's Gem Quest and all the PoR quests.  You also might shop the bazaar or hunt WoS for a bone-studded loop.  I think they've gotten fairly cheap these days.  If you go to HS you might want to pick up a corroded girplan wrist.  There's another bracer in NC that might be an upgrade, but for the life of me can't remember it's name.  I'd also be looking at DoN vendors with my eye on a new ranged item.

I like to solo in GE myself, but all the mentioned places would work for you.  I have also done some soloing in PoDisease near the castle if you get bored with the standard spots.

Tigrah

Quote from: Taiglin on September 08, 2006, 01:21:07 PM
Actually if you are a cat there is a quest in the Tak PoR zone IIRC where you give a seed to an NPC in Plane of Growth. Belt has like 175hp or something crazy. Belt of the Rainmaker or something close.

my guild is working on a rellic quest that appears to be pretty simple (just haven't gotten enough folks who aren't busy at the same time to hit it), and drops an upgrade for this belt for melee's and something else cool for casters.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.