Main Menu

riwwi

Started by deztroyur, August 29, 2006, 10:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deztroyur

Good solo spot at 66, not awesome aaxp, but that always possible cuirass drop (15regen chain bp) keeps me coming back, also a little harder and less mind numming then most places, good till i figure out how to solo BoT...

66ogre bst :)

Gunzak

If you can solo Riwwi then Bot should be cake.  I did over 20 hours in Riwwi either solo or in a small group as the tank and the mobs hit pretty hard and can proc up to 600pts.  While BoT mobs may hit harder they dont proc on you like Riwwi mobs can.  Good luck on the tunic I personally have never seen it drop but I know of people who have gotten it on their first kill.  I believe at 70 I received almost 2% AA per kill there on dark blues and little to nothin on light blues.  At 70 about 80% are still dark blue at the zone in and almost all in the field near the arena.

Gharrik

Riwwi is easier than BoT for me, but also way out of the way and much more dangerous due to (fast) runners and the sheer number of mobs packed into such small areas.  The damage I take seems to be spikey compared to most other places too, so at 65 I can kill 2 or 3 without needing to heal at all, then I'll have to chain heal myself to stay alive on the next pull of the same type of mob just because he got lucky and flurried several times in a row for straight 400s.  I also feel the proc pain, even with all my resists self buffed to around 300.  No regen bp for me either, but I didn't stick around for more than a couple hours.  The experience per mob was between Nadox and BoT, and per hour was faster than BoT for soloing.  But I still do best in Nadox because I can kill so fast with such little risk.  Plus more gem drops in Nadox and BoT.

Tanot

I found Riwwi a nice change of pace from my AA grinding spot of choice (HoH until I hit 67). With Dwerium jewelry and Elaborate Defiant my resists are well over 400 with fero on so the procs never land. I tried out BoT a couple of times but it is a complete joke on AB - everytime I have been in there there are 0 mobs at their spawn points, the only time I have seen an actual mob in that zone is as part of a train of 20 following some level 80 back to their PL spot  :cry:

For me, nothing beats HoH. I could easily pull in 5aa/hr with 1/2hr of it being a lesson burn. I've been slightly suspicious at times that they forgot to get rid of the hotzone xp boost there cause I couldn't match the xp speed in any other zone I tried!

Gharrik

I agree with you on BoT, for the same reasons on Emarr.  I quit playing back when PoP first came out, so I'm totally new to the zone... which means I don't know the camp names and abbreviations.  So when I go there, I tend to just roam around and find stuff to kill.  If I see a single mob alone in a room, I won't pull it because I figure somebody's got it camped and hasn't pulled yet.  But when I see a room fully spawned next to another room fully spawned, and then I get yelled at by like 3 different people telling me "THESE ARE CAMPED!  K THX HUN" because I pulled one single giant that they couldn't keep up with anyway, I just have hill giant flashbacks.  Maybe it's a giant thing?

Still not a big fan of Riwwi though.  It's decent enough exp, and the cloaks that drop are nice if I didn't already have better, but it's pretty far out of the way and the mobs run crazy fast when hobble doesn't work.  Plus the regular loot is much worse than just about anywhere else you could go.

I'm falling in love with Blackfeather Roost though.  And I may have to check out HoH.  What's to kill there?  It's another zone I've never tried.