Main Menu

Gunthak vs DSP

Started by Wance, January 15, 2004, 02:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wance

I had read on various boards that Gunthak was really good exp.  This morning I was kinda tired of DSP fighting the zelniaks and gatherers next to the Grieg's End zone line so I decided to make my trek to Gunthak  and find out for myself.

After binding myself at the lighthouse, I swam and setup on the shore of the beach and went to work pulling the skellies and zombies.  I was very disappointed. The exp is the same but it takes much more time and energy to kill them!  I got an average of 2% per kill and not only do they hit much harder but it took longer to kill.  The downtime after killing 3 to 4 mobs was driving me crazy so I immediately trekked back to DSP.  

Is there other spots in Gunthak that would fare better?  Are certain mobs easier than others.  The only 2 I fought were the skellies and the zombies.  I saw a named zombie that was yellow to me, so I opted not to take a chance.  Thanks!

Wance Soloe
36 Beastlord
Maelin Server

Hereki

I'd agree with you that Gunthak mobs are tougher than those in Dawnshroud; however, 2% per kill isn't too bad :).  You were at the right spot, the undead side of the beach, killing the right mobs.  There is a fair range of levels on the skeletons, which I think are a little easier than the zombies; some might be a little lower and easier to kill.

At 39, your new warder will chew through these.

orca

the only reason why it was better than DSP is  cause it was a HOT zone.....y'know bonus  XP and eveything

Gegrok

DSP mobs are alot easier, but 2% a pop isn't bad. Only 50 kills to gain a level. I usually have to kill about 150-200 for my levels at DSP. Gunthak is hard to solo, so I advise getting a group on the Undead beach. Great experience if you can kill fast and kill plenty.

-Gegtastic