Main Menu

Doable with no raid?

Started by kayisiss, September 07, 2006, 12:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kayisiss

I have read up on the 1.5 quite a bit and it seems like you could potentially do the whole epic without a raid force but I'm wondering what type of force you would need and what is possibly the hardest part of the epic that would require the most help.  I'm far from uber (see magelo) and I can maybe get 1 full group together.  My guild doesn't have many people maybe 15 total and I don't know a whole lot of people on my server (Xegony) so...

Seems like the hardest part would be the discordling and the toughest thing about him seems to be his aoe and getting him single.  Said on alla that 4 people did him but I'm sure they were super uber so possibly a couple groups to get him down easy enough I'm guessing.

Really I'm just wondering if I could possibly get the 1.5 without moving to a better guild or trying to do parts with pick up group/raid.  Simple yes or no would be legit.

Thanks

hakaaba

without good gear i'd give a firm probably not.  Honestly, the 1.5 is gonna require mini-raids for the last 2 fights. Everything up to that point should be duoable, if not soloable, however

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

sunis

I am DoN merchant, oww tier 1 and some por geared (6k hp/mana unbuffed) and solo'd 1.5 excpet for spider queen in pod, turn in in Cazic-Thule, and last 2 fights.  Some required some HoT pots and a few runs though. GL

Vidyne

You can run right past the spider queen and never engage her...

Gryme I would think would have been quite rough to solo though at that level.

Phumog

I did the entire epic up till last two fights by solo/2boxing a 67 cleric. The DS fight is easily 1 groupable. I have posted a simple strat for it on here twice now but here goes again....Have to have a chanter the more you have the better. When you spawn the girplan you have everyone out of leash range. Have chanters charm the adds then run the agro from the rest out of leaqsh range when charmed....sick adds on named...named kills adds ...then go own named...its sooo easy and i wated forever worried about failing...btw my chanter was only lvl 66 and donot know which spell he was using for charm. It helps alot to have a shaman Maloinf the mobs before charm cast because they are VERY resistant.

DDA we did with a raid force but can more then likely be done with 2 groups. Our strat was to clear from the room he spawns in to the ZL. Once it was clear I spawned named and then the pullers went to work. Had 2-3 pullers they seperated the DDA from the adds...took about 10-15 mins....then brought it to the ZL and we owned him. Hardest part of that kill was the pulls.

No real raid force needed.

Zorthaz

You don't need a raid if you know a solid tank and a solid healer.  The key is getting the DDA split from the warders.  A good SK and bard can do that.  I completed the final fight with Cleric, SK, Bard, and myself.    The Bard is very helpful in resisting the DDA AoEs also.  If you resist the AoEs the DPS of the DDA is managable.  It takes a while to burn through all the DDA HP.  You have 1 hour to complete the event.

For the DS fight grab a good enchanter or bard and have them charm the Spirit minions and send them back in against the rest.  Eventually you will be down to the named, and you can one group him.  I think you have 20 minutes before the minions start repopping.

-Z-

Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Kanan

when I did the 2nd to last fight not long ago, we took abt an hr to clear out all the adds.  We had 0 repops.  Were constantly agroing most of them doing the chanter charm thing.  Getting charm to land was rough at times (I think there was a string of like 10 resists in a row at one point).  Once her husband, the bard, started HoSing to assist it, the charming started working a lot smoother.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

kayisiss

Alright well I'm probably going to put off acctually starting it for a while at least until I get enough people on a regular basis that acctually want to do something.  Also with expansion comming out I'll probably be playing around in that for a little while maybe, depending on the amount of bugs in it. hehe

Taiglin

I would do as much as you can now or in off times as something to do. Much easier to have things in hand if something opens up then to try to cram it all in on short notice.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]