Main Menu

Shaman or Druid

Started by AstralTear, September 08, 2006, 08:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AstralTear

Hello all, I was trying to play around with another 3 box idea and couldn't decide between a Shaman or a druid for the third member of the box. Here's the pros and cons as I see it:

Druid
Pros - Ports, Snare, Evac, Nukes, ac/hp buff with mana regen.
Cons - no HoT's, Smaller dots, smaller buffs.

Shaman
Pros - HoT's, Dots, best slows, cani, Spirit of Leopard/Panther, potions
Cons - No snare, bst can slow already, mage can malo, no shareable mana regen.

I'm probably leaning towards the druid, but it's hard to choose still. Anything I'm missing or any other points you can all make would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
AstralTear

Inphared

I would go with the Druid if the Magician is your 2nd box. You've pretty much pointed out all the strengths of both classes, and it's just up to you now.

Taiglin

I would probably go druid as well.....but it depends. If this trio is being built from scratch and you are thinking about shammy I would probably dump the Bst and go with something like a zerker or a plate tank. I love my Bst but /shrug.

*stands up* Hello, my name is Taiglin and I have tank/AC envy

Am just saying if you move the slow component to another class it opens some options.

My buddy trios a Rng/Sham/Druid and does very well. He stays a good 400 AC/HP ahead of me at all times. What it really comes to is how you want to play the game and what sorts of utility appeals to you, how you want to work the mob over, etc (IMO).

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Jaeren

I used to do a Beastlord / Druid / Cleric trio a lot of the time, occasionally changing druid for a shaman (mine) or a ranger (my cousins). I liked the shaman class but really, having the snare of a druid (or ranger) was must nicer plus camo and other things too.

Then again, I'm out of touch since it's been almost 2 years since I played EQ. Getting the bug again though, seriously debating reactivating my beastlord account and coming back for at least as long as a gamecard lasts for old times sake and see what all has changed. Plus I just kind of miss Jaeren. Even if he is an ultra gimp beastlord these days of 12k beastlords... his like 3500hp at lvl 65.. sucks  :mrgreen:

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Khauruk

My vote goes w/ druid also...just make sure to use their attack debuffs when healing....see teh druid's grove for parses to show how nicely effective they are.
TURNCOAT!!!!!