Main Menu

Pet pulling - Going with a bang or a whimper?

Started by bham, September 11, 2006, 08:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baracca

It's been a while since i've used pet pull for anything (Box crew so no need) , But if i remember correctly you needed to be invisible etc. to pull it off. Seems like the easiest thing would have been to make those "Bosses" Shyra etc.. see invis which would have eliminated this tactic all together. For ppl using it to pull in regular exp /grind groups i didn't really see it as being an issue. For single pulling Raid encounter Bosses .....Well thats pretty much a bug.. and needed to be fixed.
It will be interesting to see what if any Outcry is heard from the Bards/Monks etc over the "Tick" pulling Tactic once these changes go live. I know bards used it more, but 2 monks tag team pullin can do the same.
Baracca Smilodon
The Rathe
League of Levity
Kat Toyz

Inphared

No, you don't have to be invis for pet pulling to work. Simply being out of agro range is sufficient.

Kanan

necro's & sk's would use it as a pulling tactic (fd & send in teh skellie) a lot, espec back when we were doing VT bcs if pet died.. /shrug.  They were FD and weren't getting agro.

Only reason to invis in those situations when pet pulling would be if you were having to run through non-see invis to go after the see-invis boss.  Then it would be important to be invis ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Nusa

Invis doesn't affect aggro transfter in the slightest...if your pet aggros the mob, the mob is going to ignore your invis. But as you said, invis makes it easier to move past the nonaggroed mobs.

Mewzee

To the beast who said, "OMG I can't believe how many people are NOT using this"....and to answer his question on what I've been doing with my time..

1) I have a RL.

2) I raid. I'm a hardcore raider in a hardcore guild and thats what I'm doing with my free time after RL.

3) After raids are over, if I get a exp group going (which is not every single day)..guess what....we have REAL bards, monks,
or pullers in the group, or else we don't form a group.

Just because I hardly used it, doesn't mean I won't miss it, like I said its a handy tool at times, but I'm not gonna be
affected too much since I hardly solo anymore, unlike my Luclin days, where thats how I got most of my levels.

On top of that, I was lucky that my prior guild had alot of members, and I always had no issues finding all the right
classes needed to form a normal workable group. There were times where we had really odd combinations,
and for those times I was the puller sometimes, but not with my pet...mind you, but with being smart, knowing where to
stand away from aggro and casting slow, and yes I would get singles.

P.S.
oh yeah I'm so glad I got all the drops I wanted from Shyra when my guild farmed her with that trick.  :evil:

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server

jitathab

Its still possible for shyra to be single pulled without using any server tick or pet pulling technique. Did it the other day without using nerfed techniques and it added exactly zero to the overall pull time.

hakaaba

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

hakaaba

I thought you guys could use a laugh.  From the sony boards:
Pet pulling was left in for so long because it was rarely used due the fact that everyone knew it was a bug and didn't want it to get fixed.

Of course! why didn't i think of that.

Nusa

Who said it? The quote is only meaningful if a Sony dev said it. There are an awful lot of people trying to divine intent and put words in the dev's mouths.

hakaaba

Some random guy who thinks he knows alot more about pet pulling than he really does.  Unless there's a secret conspiracy among us that noone told me about.  Are you guys conspiring against me?  :-o

Grbage Heep

I'm only conspiring against the kitties, way to many of you running around.
70 Beast on Torv