Main Menu

69, and 70 runes revisited.

Started by Tigrah, September 14, 2006, 03:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigrah

I have heard since the blasted expansion came out that all of the runes related to the oow spells are far more common in dodh than in oow. I have however only encountered 2 runes, and unfortunately didn't get either lol.

Anywho, I'm not dreadspire flagged nor am I anywhere close to anguish.  So the question i would like to raise is where in dodh would a casual gamer, family guild raider find the best 1 groupable, or mini raid mobs for 69/70 runes?
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Inphared

I wouldn't look in DoDH. I farmed the crap out of MPG. It's where I got all of my 70's.

Personally, I think that SoE has tricked most of the EQ population. If I recall, they upped the drop-rate of runes way back when, so everyone flooded to RSS for "teh roxxor 70 runes that drop like water, omfg." (I heard that once, never forgot it). But I've seen one, and only one, 70 from RSS since then. Everything else was in MPG.

My favorite camp is the 6-way, but I've seen plenty of 70's off of Blindhunter and other camps.

Tigrah

cool, I'll take a look sometime if I can ever get another solid group together that is that patient lol

dainfrol

there was a good camp in DoDh that dropped all the runes through 68 like candy and a few 69 runes.  However they nerfed the drop rate (it may have been something they did to make people explore the new zones.)
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Tigrah

I just recently heard the same about how there used to be runes dropped from everything in dodh even trash mobs.. and not anymore. Well guess it's back to oow and it's slow drop rates *sigh*

Tiroon

Some trash. From what I  heard that trash was capable of hitting for more than 2k.

Anyway with the new level cap I expect those 69/70 spells to get superseded anyway.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

tunr

there was an oger camp in one of the dodh zones that would drop 66-68 runes like no tomorrow, cant remember which zone but they did hit hard and fast.

but alas about 2 months ago the drop rate got nerfed and now your lucky to get a rune once every 5 kills.
Tunr Pishsandwitch
an Officer of
SoulBound of Mith Mar
-----------------------------------
We are the beastlords that say -- 'Roar!'

Taiglin

I think they changed it so the ogres don't drop them at all actually. Go somewhere and farm cash. All of the OoW spells will be researchable with TSS. That said I don't think there is going to be a TS cap bump so I wouldn't expect the spells to be 1) easy  to make and 2) cheap.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Shieara

One thing you can maybe try is checking on that eel mob in Illsalin?  I think it's, uhh, Gloomfin or something?  I have some friends that timed his spawn and killed him for runes.  I guess maybe he had a high drop rate for the higher ones.

Second-hand info on him though, so maybe someone else can confirm if he's worth checking or not.

Tigrah

Gloomfang, and yeah I have seen reports that he still drops 2 runes garunteed. They are either 2: 69, 2: 70, or a mix

Fuzzyclaws

I've seen him drop 2, twice.. so yeah, I guess

On an aside, now that greater/glowings are supposedly tradable (what I make of today's patch msg)?.. Might be easier, might not be, only time and servers being up will prove it. . .

Tigrah

Aye, the spells can also be researched but the trivial is well over 400+.