Main Menu

Racial exp penalties gone:

Started by Zarraphel, September 18, 2006, 11:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarraphel

I got this of  the Primal Dreams site for TSS info:

Note there are no EXP penalties for Drakkin, infact all racial exp penalties are being removed. :-o

Is this confirmed?

If this is true, this has made one level 58 Troll Beastlord very happy about this expansion  :-D... (Yeah I realize this is not strictly an expansion feature... but who cares)

Jaeren

I'm not really sure but I saw it mentioned elsewhere as well and it got my interest, just can't try it to find out yet, be another week-ish before I'm back online

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Skanda

Maddoc removed them from Beta a few weeks ago and so they should be getting removed from Live Tuesday.

-Link to thread-. Not that you can read that thread without beta forum access but there it is.

Boister

You think i get a refund on all my exp penalty as a troll?

hehe, can always dream!  :wink:
Boister, 75 Beastlord, Nameless
Boister

Zarraphel

hehe... that would be awesome, but quite frankly I don't care that much since I still have 11.21^H^H^H^H^H 16.21 levels left.

I know that I would have been level 60, not 58 had I been Vah Shir or even Barbarian.. Still I'm enjoying the ride (I only joined 8 months ago, so I am one of those elusive new everquest players), but after level 55 it was getting a little bit annoying knowing that other races who had no distinct disadvantage over me would be getting exp 25% faster. (100/80 = 1.25)..

I am not bothered about a refund, but the knowledge that I will now be able to level at the same speed as people from other races sure has made me a little bit more enthusiastic about reaching level 70 soon (eventhough the other change: the AA one... makes me want to stop leveling a bit and get some AAs ... ahh choices)

On a related note, since this is a beastlord site: I thought class penalties had been removed however my wife started a Vah Shir Beastlord, and I started a Vah Shir Rogue. We haven't been able to play much, but did the same quests, all our kills were grouped... And still she's allready 20% of a level behind at level 4... ? Is there still a penalty for Beastlords or do Rogues get a bonus?

Skanda

Quote from: Zarraphel on September 18, 2006, 01:11:32 PM
Is there still a penalty for Beastlords or do Rogues get a bonus?

He mentioned in that same thread that class penalities were removed a while ago. He didn't mention anything about class bonuses being removed but I would think they would have been removed too. /shrug

P.S. He also mentioned that you wouldn't be getting refunded on exp loss caused by the racial penality.

Shamno

All class bonuses stayed in, the same with race bonus when the expansion goes in.

Tastian

When they removed the class penalties, they kept the class bonuses in.  Warriors and rogues still get a bonus.  Also halflings still get a racial exp "bonus".

The penalties will be removed with the expansion as I've said, and that'll be a pretty noticeable change for several beastlord classes.  8P

hakaaba

Quoteseveral beastlord classes

Are you sure about that? :p

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Tastian

Only thing I'm sure of is that I haven't had sleep since friday.  I'm not even sure what day today is, but I know I haven't slept since friday lol. 

Zarraphel

Thanks Tastian..

Just what I wanted to hear, that the penalties were dropped.

It is monday, now congratulate yourself on a job well done(all the class changes, not this side-issue of racial penalties) and go get some sleep.

Jaeren

Tastian only sleeps every third day, today is almost sleep time, don't ask him hard questions.

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Tastian

lol, hearing that today is monday actually made me smile because jaeren is right, I do get to sleep soon~!!  8) 

I'm tempted to go try taking a nap because beta won't let me in atm to check some stuff.  *shrugs*

Ikkorus

Im glad to see this happened.  Even more glad to see that bonuses stayed in...new main is a halfling rogue lol.

Numa

It is confirmed in a patch message:

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Race based experience penalties have been removed.