Main Menu

Racial exp penalties gone:

Started by Zarraphel, September 18, 2006, 11:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discordant

I disagree with them removing them.  It absolutely will kill people choosing humans now.

Jaeren

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Tastian

Humans still have a racial exp bonus as far as I know.  Both humans and halflings originally had a +exp bonus.  To my knowledge only the penalties were removed, but I'm not certain atm.

Nusa

Humans don't have and never had a racial exp bonus to my knowledge. I do believe the bonus that halflings got was supposed to be on humans, but a mistake was made and it was too hard to fix when discovered, and now is too hard to fix politically. Beastlords can't be humans anyway.

It's all semantics. If you make halflings the standard, then every other race is getting a penalty. Logically, bonuses should have gone away too.

Bengali

The only "bonuses" were to halflings (racial) and warriors (class).  There used to be a hybrid xp penalty, but when they got rid of that, they kept the bonus so as to avoid nerfing anyone.  I imagine the same logic (such as it is) is behind the decision not to get rid of the halfling bonus along with the other racial penalties.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Grbage

Believe that rogues got the same +5% xp bonus that wars did.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Tastian

Rogues and warriors both had a bonus.  Know halflings did, remember all the racial penalty/hybrid penalties.  Not sure on human, for some reason I think human had like half the bonus halflings did, or maybe I've got the rog/war one swapped, it's been forever.  8(

Shieara

As far as I know humans never got any kind of bonus.  The bonus that halflings has was supposed to go to humans, and it never got fixed.

Well that is my recollection :P

Gatorr

When I started EQ(Kunark) I think I remember seeing Humans and Barbarians(less than humans) got an EXP bonus, I never made one though.

jitathab

Kill all humans!

For a bst it does make Ogre a bit more attractive, the unstunable mellee from front part with no negative xp mod will help a lot on tanking.

Khauruk

Ogre was worth it w/o the mod...now I'm interested in starting another as a newbie just to "relive" the early experience!
TURNCOAT!!!!!

iamweaver

I always figured that the XP penalties were because you poor Ogres, Trolls and Iksar clearly weren't the sharpest knives inthe drawer.  I guess the "No child left behind" program has hit EQ!
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis