Main Menu

Where to hunt?

Started by Jequec, September 20, 2006, 03:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jequec

Since there isn't a level 70-75 hunting section yet, I was just wondering what types of places a 71ish beastlord could go to hunt solos while he waits for someone to respond to his LFG.

I was thinking S. Springs myself, but anyone want to share a secret or two with me?  :-D

Vidyne

Well... PoFire and Arcstone turn LB at 71.

I imagine most soloable spots in RCoD or WoS also do...
Unless your really geared and can solo MPG level content.. i'm not sure where there are dark blues soloable for all but end game beasts...  Course if your anguish geared, you could probably go play in MPG if find a spot to single pull.

Tastian

Gear has a massive impact on it.  The new con system also skews things a bit for some people.  Beastlords used to thrive at blazing through a large number of almost trivial mobs, but the new downtime changes and con system tends to make many shy away from this.  I'd suggest bouncing around and seeing what actually works for you.  Springs has a few spots, the planes have some, if geared MPG is do-able, etc.  Just so many variables and I honestly haven't had time to benchmark a lot of places yet myself.  8P

Rykusx

WoS murks are LB at 71 now; there goes my favorite spot =/

Although I can solo MPG trash, it takes quite a bit out of me - with the new OoC system tho it might be worthwhile trying.

I have a feeling that most mobs in the Hive (non-instanced) will still be DB at 71, I'm going to check it out later tonight.
Rykusx
75 Troll Beastlord
Maelin Starpyre

Kanan

c1 has turned LB.  2 kills wasn't even 1% regular 71 xp.

I'm gonna try messing around in the steppes some.

Glacier sucks.  Man.. I slowed em & wasn't noticing a change in how fast those wolves were popping me.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

hokarz

keep in mind that green con mobs give exp now and lt blues are the old dk blues. I tried the steppes, but the mobs hit pretty hard and I burn through mana so fast trying to stay alive and kill the mob faster that I found it was slower than GE. I WEnt to GE and it was no different at 71, than it was at 70...except the mobs died faster and I made money faster, but the exp flow was the same. Aaxp was about 3% per 2 kills which it was at 70.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Vidyne

PoFire C2 -  11% aa exp, 0.5% real exp per mob.  Dark Blues
Strains my mana/life here badly per fight... but I can kill here with about 95% chance to live.
I need conviction though.

Arcstone - mostly light blue(70%) some dark blue(30%)
GE inner - (all light blue...  about 6-8 kills per 1% i think)
PoFire C1 - (all light blue)

WoS - light blue if above poster is correct.

RCoD - betting its 50/50 light blue/dark blue.. but we can't pet pull anymore so... /shrug.

MPG - little harder than C2 and all should still be dark blue.

Either want to kill GE(lowest light blues) for speed(tho it gets boring)... or be killing in the Dark blue range for exp bonus...(tho that gets hard).

Haven't tried veksar for the bonus yet.

Sunderrock is giving 7-9% aa exp at 71 for dark blues... 
about 30% are dark blue in lower half of zone...  about 70% are dark blue in north... or more.

Kanan

something I think I'm a lil unclear on:

I know AA xp is now determined by their con relative to your level.

Is the amount of regular xp determined upon this same scale?  If so, GE is sounding like a good bet, since c1 sucks badly now solo.

Vidyne

860 was max hit in sunderrock,  triple hit usually, rare 5hit.
partial slow...    some are indiff to me.. some kos...

few spots to single pull a few here and there.

It's ok... its a little harder than Plane of Fire C1 for the same exp at 71.

Looks like mostly groups and an end to soloing for now... at least efficient soloing.

Rykusx

Druids and necros in my guild are reporting that mammoths and wolves in Icefall glacier are excellent XP and don't summon, as well a a source of rank 2 spells.

Unfortunately I can't kite so well  :|
Rykusx
75 Troll Beastlord
Maelin Starpyre

Kanan

anyone messed around in middle to northern steppes?  Or just the S part of the steppes?

Wondering how it is for solo xp.  Didn't seem that spectacular the tiny bit I messed around in beta.  But I didn't try that much honestly.

Vidyne

my simple thought:

If you are under 10k unbuffed..you will find it difficult to find dark blues you can solo as you progress 71-73...

once you hit 73-75.. i cannot think of dark blues that are soloable reliably that could be tanked by a beast soloing.

So its back to speed killing Lblues or grouping...

This is all assuming there isnt some sweet spot in TSS with 700 hitting yellow cons.....  :)  like the shaman/druid sweet spot of no summon and yellow/red con to 71...

Kanan

Quote from: Vidyne on September 20, 2006, 09:30:44 PM

This is all assuming there isnt some sweet spot in TSS with 700 hitting yellow cons.....  :)  like the shaman/druid sweet spot of no summon and yellow/red con to 71...

ie, TSS's version of 69.1 hard.

I think I probably agree with ya so far.  We'll see soon.  Test tomorrow, so I gotta put in a lil book time to refresh my mind with what I looked at last week ;p

Vidyne

Epee

I played in alot of the new zones today.  only really decent xp i got was in Sunderock Springs.  Was easy for me solo and even killed a couple yellow con named mobs.  Gnolls in Steppes are easier.  AND in Direwind Cliffs, me and a mage friend were doin red and yellow cons easily.  The xp there was better than 69.1 hard at 71.