Main Menu

Where to hunt?

Started by Jequec, September 20, 2006, 03:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

There are actually a lot of older places that lower geared people can go to exp.  Kill rate can still be viable because some people spend 1-2 minutes each mob just medding, not counting extra time spent chewing through hps...

C1 in PoF is ~1/3rd the exp per kill as C2 in fire at 71(ish)

BoT is still light blue into 74 and blazing mobs down up top I actually pulled in about as much exp during a lesson as I do at C2.

Droga, is annoying because of level range of mobs, if they were more consistant you could rack up solid chain killing exp here.  Even down at king area though you have greys and assorted greens at 73(ish).  The mobs don't even require slowing really if you have some gear/AA and lifetaps and you can easily take 3+ at a time.  On top of that they drop solid money and some tributeable stuff.

Plane of valor, the caves right to the west as you zone in.  Mobs don't mitigate slow, they run low on life, fetter stops them dead in their tracks, very low dps output, still light blue at 74(ish)? forget I haven't been back in a bit.  Mobs are built for blazing though and depending on dps can clear from the 2 tree frogs to the back of the second cave and then run back out and start again as they respawn.  Again can pull almost as much exp during a lesson here as at a spot like C2 or icefall.

These are all solo spots and low end ones.  The biggest advantage to these spots is safety and interaction.  I've spent some time out in icefall solo'n mammoths that crack me for 1650(ish) a shot and although the exp is nice on the kill, there is downtime, the chance of death from spike damage is high, and sometimes I don't have an automatic next pull.  Some prefer the "kill, med, kill, med" approach that the OOC system has given, but for those that would rather be playing the game a higher % of the time the spots mentioned above are compareable in terms of exp to time ratio.  *shrugs*

Gurar

removed

Vidyne

I was referring to new LB(or old DB)  Kanan

I want to kill the weakest DB(now LB) I can, or I want to kill the strongest mob I can and med after.  Those are my two solo preferences.

At present, I've been soloing in Sunderock Springs and its 0.5% exp there usually... sometimes 0.4% a kill.

However it does get a little old and there is a chance of problem with adds, though much lower than C2 or MPG.

Grieg's end and I bet veksar now are green(old LB), and therefore I was looking for a new speed killing place.. which I will see if Valor is ok...  before they had so much HP that GE beat it.. but there may not be anything between Valor and GE now since lvl cap increase.   Torment would work, but there really isnt a steady supply of single/double pulls there that I remember.

I will look around for somewhere with a max hit lower than 500, but still LB and constant single/double pulls.
Perhaps Valor will be the only place.
Time to go look i guess.

Thanks for advice.

Tastian

The hps on valor are "eh", but with leveling boosts to dps(double attack, warder, voracity, etc.) they go pretty fast, and I don't use mana for anything but dps.  Closest thing to a heal I cast is growl.  8P 

Mobs are pretty steady in that I just about clear in from the 2 frog pull outside, up tunnel, into next small cave, up tunnel, into next big cave, and then back out.  Depending on gear mobs might be too light or maybe even have a minute to get some OOC regen.  The damage on them is really light though.  Most of the time I don't slow unless I have a few on me, but they don't mitigate slow at all, so again for various gear points the spot has some potential.  All were LB at 73 as I recall.  *shrugs*

Tastian

Checked valor with another char last night.  2 pull out front, couple wanderers, 5(ish) in the tunnel, then 8 in the back tunnel.  Max hit was 4(something) as I recall.  If I pulled with a poison dot it'd fade just as they were about to flee, if I pulled with disease dot it wouldn't run it's duration, so kills are fairly fast.  *shrugs* 

Mobs are still all light blue at 74, which is when C2 goes LB.  At 74 the mobs are ~1/2 the AA of C2 mobs.  *shrugs*

Vidyne

2-3% aa per kill in Bastian of thunder

6-7% aa per kill in Sunderrock springs

both solo.

As strange tho... as when exping normally, it seemed to take 10 Valor mobs to equal 2-2.5 sunderrock mobs.
a ratio of 1 to 4

Where aa its a ratio of 1 to 3.

Taiglin

When did you hunt there Vid? As of the last patch or two lt blue and green cons have been given a temp AA xp boost to make up for the xp issues where you have a large level differential between two toons that are grouped. The way Rash sounded this isn't something that will always be there; more of a stop gap until they figure out a more granular way to sort who gets how much AA xp in those cases. My guess is that spills over to any AA xp to include soloing.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Vidyne

recently... today or yesterday.
hmm okie.

Jequec

I've been enjoying BoT (again) as of late. I take to Sands and can kill about 2 per minute--I pull one with or without slow (if I am feeling saucy), and then Growl. It dies within 30 seconds, then I pull another and BE on that one...drops like a rock.

Net result: 2 dead per minute yielding 2% AA each for a gain of 4%

Just the sands part is large enough that I could not dream of killing them all before repops, though I do come somewhat close.  I try to avoid the Krigers if at all possible since they are more trouble than they are worth. Otherwise, this is VERY easy, mindless xp.

In a LoTD session I can grind out just a little bit more than 2AAs, and while that is about half of what I could do in PoFire pre-TSS, it still is nice to be able to gain AAs during off hours or while LFG.

Beldarr

So far I've been able to experiment soloing in MPG and in RSS, MPG was reasonably doable with low downtime and didn't have to hit healing potions most of the time, even held down the Blind Hunter camp while I was there. ( Didn't do Taskfiend because chaotica = teh suke ) Now Riftseekers was...interesting, I tried some Pyrilens and liked the results, but adds would have deaded me for sure. I had to potion every time and spend time during the fight self healing while in melee just to keep myself from an out-of-body experience. As far as exp goes, I was going 100% regular and didn't try AA, mpg was around 1% every couple of mobs or so, and rss was 1% per, but I'll need to do more hunting to get more numbers.
Wildcaller Beldarr The

Tigrah

hmm.... well I'm 8.4k unbuffed, easy 11.4k wi tena and my own buffs now at 73. I am working on ToB flagging so I can upgrade some of my gear, and I'm wondering given the approximately correct info on my magelo for AA's (which may not show that i have LR3), where I could solo wi/out having to kite?
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Humlaine

fire c1 should be pretty easy for you to solo with your hp / gear....alot easier then back at 70

Tardar

POV, HOH, Murks in WOS maybe.

Spiritclaw

I'm only 9k self buffed at 75 and have been soloing WoS easy since 73.  Ferans, chimera's, bazus and dragorns in first half of zone are easy.  With 73 pet you can have pet off tank an add if 1 pops, though at 73 it wasn't as easy as at 75 (go fig  :-P).  You should be able to take any of the named at this point, max level for named in that area is 73, but be careful, they were taking me out at 73/74 occasionally (i enjoy a good challenge LOL)
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Tigrah

cool, pardon the dumb question but what does c1 fire mean?
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.