Main Menu

The Guide to Camping Fellspine (Filled in the Gaps)

Started by Dorrogtr T`A, January 19, 2004, 04:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scalewulf

Thanx for this guide and the useful information.  

There's now a belt sitting in my bank!

Thanx again, very nice job!

Furlyne

Gonna have to try this.  Just wish I wasn't color blind so I could read the map

Dorrogtr T`A

Good News - The jpg files work again, even my sig/avatar!  :)  Enjoy!

miandaber

Stealth nerf alert.

I have been hunting off and on in SG for 3 or so months.
Perviously if you had a bad pull you could jump out of the water and that would clear aggro. NOT ANYMORE.

Not only did aggro not clear but the fish/seahorse also aggroed any buddies along the way.

Had a pretty good train going. :lol:

I tried killing ulthorks in hopes that aggro would clear after 5 mins or so but no such luck.

Good luck all!
Miandaber
65 Feral Lord 90 AA's and rising!
Firiona Vie

Jaslath

Worked for me when I did it last week, miandaber.

Dorrogtr T`A

I know the pictures are broken... please give me about 1 week, I'm a real lazy person.  :(

BarbBST

Great guide!

Just wonder if a 65 dood and a 56 bst can handle this farming? Dood have few aa, BST's gears as in signature, or it's better to 2-box a 65 pally and a 65 dood?

And to clarify abit:

Quote(BTW, see those 2 X's on the top/middle of the map? Dont kill those, dont pull them... BAD aggro problem there, I warned you.)

Which 2 X's are you talking abt?  There are few 2 X's on the map...or are you referring to those 2 X's in the yellow circle?  

What's the min lvl to single pull the mobs (if possible)?  Do these mobs see invis and snareable (want to snare so that they won't flee when they low hp)?

Given that this is a "water" zone, is fire dd a better choice than magic/ice dd on the mobs?

Lastly, do you pull the mobs out of water or fight them in the water?

Sorry for all the noob questions and many thanks in advance!  :oops:

Gremkin

Horsies and swordfish see invis, and do not run when low health.

Ice is resisted a lot, magic seems to be ok, poison hits fine.

You can't pull horsies or swordfish -out- of the water, but ulthork/walrus/molthor will follow you -into- the water.

Whether you get adds or not on a pull depends solely on the proximity of the mobs to one another.  Mobs that come in pairs will -always- come in pairs, regardless of your level. (unless you have pacify at your disposal, of course)

Your beast will be a little low to handle double pulls, unless you root one away from you with the druid.  Horses and swordfish are low to mid 50's, and Fellspine is level 55.  Would be a rough fight for you, I think... you'd be better to use the pally in this case.
Elder Gremkin Quickclaw - Wildblood of Stromm (Retired)

ShaitynAB

I can confirm that jumping out of the water does indeed still clear seahorse/swordfish aggro.

Not sure what the problem is with the "don't pull these mobs" mobs.  I pulled them last night with no problems.  Got both every time but 2 is really not a problem.

5 Fellspines to date:  3 BPs, 1 tail, 1 mask, 0 belts
Other loot off other nameds:  Leather Greaves of Civility, some kelp armor, several seahorse bracers, 1 seahorse cloak, and an enticing ruby earring.
Shaityn Stormweaver
65 Ogre Feral Lord
The Insane-Antonius Bayle
My Magelo
The Beastlords Den-Home of Everquest Beastlords