Main Menu

Question about WoS Murks

Started by Gunzak, September 22, 2006, 08:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunzak

How comparable in damage are WoS Murks to PoF C1?  My old Beast had zero problem at C1 but since starting over on FV I find no guilds doing fire so getting flagged will be impossible.  I am just curious if the murks damage is comparable to PoF.  If i remember correctly C1 max hit was around 770 with average hits of 300-400.  Right now my Beastlord is 65 and my Druid is 58 and we are duoing PoV Golems with average hits in the 400 range.  Once my Druid is 62 we are gonna move on to BoT and then either WoS murks or stay in BoT till hes 65.  Just curious if murks would be doable.  With the new con changes they will be dark blue through level 70 so I figured it would be a good duo spot once my Beastlord and Druid are both high 60s.

Current goal is to get my Beastlord to 67 and Druid to 63.  I am doing PoV to level my Druid with Beastlord doing AA and then I group my Beastlord in 69.1 hard to get reg experience.  As long as my Beastlord remains 67 PoV Golems will remain dark blue so they will still be full experience since PoV Golems are all level 62.  The benefit of 67 over 65 is I can cast SV and Focus which will give me an extra 300hp and I can add 2 more levels of IBF.  Before leveling any higher I want to add SCF3, SCR3, Ambi, Sinister and finish my defensive through PoP.

Oh my Druids gear is pretty crappy but I have a 90hp wrist to add at level 60 as well as a 100hp cloak with ID5 and at 65 I will be replacing his mask and shoulders.  I will also be adding a fire focus from DoN with 23% focus and a heal focus from DoN though I hear the heal focus does not effect Tunare's Renewal.

Oh one more thing the hp and ac are pretty accurate but my attack breaks 1900 with fero, tribute and self buffs.  I don't have BE pet so i spam fero every 7min.

Gunzak

Well Beastlord is now 67 and doing 100% AA and Druid is 62, close to 63.  Once I ding 68 PoV golems will all go lb and i am thinking of moving to murks.  I am still curious what the average hit is and if i will be able to duo them.  At 64 my Druid will get a 4680 heal and currently my Beastlord buffs out to over 10k with 35 avoidance and 7% shielding.  Is 10k hit points with a 5k healer enough for murks?  Last time I did them was over a year ago in a full group.

Shieara

I think you could do it.  Let me go there and see about how much they are smacking me for.

/time passes...

Okay my stats (level 70):
~11k hp
~1.8k ac
75 avoidance
Self buffed + rectitude/elushar

Cleric stats (level 69):
~6.5k hp
~6k mana
Self buffed + IoS/SA

Max hit from the murks on me was 566.  Min hit was around 125.  On average, healing required was one complete heal after every 2-3 mobs.  I do run Vie consistantly.  Hope this helps.

Edit: added in what buffs I was using

Gunzak

Ok my AC with Tanacity and Shaman buffs is 1493 so I am gonna be tagged a little harder but not too much.  With healing pots from PoK and my Druids 5k heals this should be doable.  Gonna have to raise my AC up and finish off all defensive through PoP before i try.  Thanks for letting me know.

kayisiss

Well I just attempted to do them the other day just to see if the return was worth it.  I managed to kill one but figured it wasn't worth the effort.  I was at 7.8k hps with convic and self buffs.  No healer and I used one potion during the fight.
However I wasn't in the best shape for the next one but with healing I would have been fine.

Timberghost

There's your problem.  The < 8k HPs with Cv, you're not gonna be able to really solo murks effectively at that point.

if you'll pardon me for saying so, soloing WoS probably isn't gonna work well for you till you get some gear upgrades.

My suggestion, box in a healer and you'll do much better.  BTW you don't need a really big healer, a mid 50s cleric already has CHeal, so if you could solo one with just a potion, you'll do better.

Perhaps pick up one of the many LFGs out there and things should go even better than that.

Gunzak

At 67 my Beastlord fully buffed hits over 10k and 1493ac.  I haven't played him for about 2 months but when i do come back he has over 100k in the bank and hopefully prices will have droped with the market flooded with PoR and TSS gear.  Nice thing about FV is all gear can be purchased in the bazaar.  If you can solo a WoS Murkglider with less then 8k buffed then I will have no problem with 10k and a bot Druid.  If I ever come back I will have to try it.

Main reason I never bothered with trying the Murks was that PoV was so damn easy and still around 3% AA per kill duo with a 67 Beastlord and 64 Druid.  My Druid got 1% reg experience every 2-3 kills while my Beastlord gained around 3% AA per kill.  I was planning on staying till both characters were 68.  If I do come back, and I probly will in a few months, I'll head over and check it out.  Neither character had TSS so I could at least level both to 70 and get a ton of easy AA.  I thought PoR totally sucked except for the Dain aug so I never bothered to get TSS and never got PoR for my Druid.

Gunzak

Oh one more quick update.  The Magelo for both characters is wrong.  My Druid is 64 not 63 and my Beastlord has the Dain aug in his chest slot and a 1% shielding 15hp/mana aug in his foot slot.  Unbuffed my Beastlord is around 7150hp, 35 avoidance, 8% shielding.  If I do come back I will move the aug from my ear to my legs and add 4 +70hp augs from RSS which can be purchased in the bazaar.  This will get me to over 7400hp unbuffed and around 10,300hp with Cleric/Shaman buffs.  My beastlord already has all of his spells through level 69, except BE pet, waiting in bank for me to level up.  He also has a real nice hth weapon with a lifetap on it but required level 70 sitting in the bank.

Gunzak

Well I tested the Murks this weekend.  Yes I can easily duo them.  The problem came when I pulled the third mob and got 2.  I didn't think I could handle 2 so I ran to the zone out.  Once my Druid gets his 4650 heal spell and my Beastlord hits 68 and can use his new pet I'll go back and try 2 murks but not with the 64 pet spell and only a 2950 heal.

Oh the experience was insane.  My Druid got 2% reg each kill and my Beastlord got 5-6% of an AA each kill.  Once I can handle 2 I'll go back and stay here for hours at a time and rack up experience and AA.

Kroshx

When your beastlord does hit 68, you should try to acquire Despair for him. It's Req. 68, and it's a fair bit of DPS. If your magelo is accurate, it would make a lovely pair to your HWoCM. Realize this is about a camp, and not gear, but more DPS in this camp is safer. :)
Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

Gunzak

Yeah Despair is on my list of items to buy.  I am also going to improve my mask, ear and back soon.  By replacing my earring I'll add 14ac, 115hp, regen 4 and accuracy 10.  By replacing my mask I'll add 20ac, 70hp, regen 3 and strikethrough 10%.  By replacing my back item I'll add 14ac, 55hp and avoidance 10.  Despair will add 5ac, 50hp and a better ratio.

The 4 upgrades will add 290 HP, 53 AC, Regen 7, Accuracy 10, Strikethrough 10% and Avoidance 10.  3 of the 4 items are required 68 so to upgrade I have to level anyway.

Before I level up I want to find my Druid his 5k heal which is unfortunately not for sale in the bazaar.  I am gonna have to go to BoT and farm SPs I guess until I get lucky with a turn in.  Unfortunately SPs are a lot less common then EPs in BoT.

Kroshx

True, they are not as common, but I'm sure you can take some of the named in there. If I'm not mistaken, don't they have an increased chance of dropping Spectrals? If not, I'm sure you'll find something that you can sell.
Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

Kanan

go farm hero hall in HoH.  I was getting a spec like every 3rd clear the other day.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Gunzak

I got an SP while doing regular mobs in BoT yesterday.  I'll go check out HoH today or tomorrow.  Luckily I did get the 40pt damage shield for the turn in but I still need the heal spell.  The problem with doing the named in BoT is not soloing them the problem is the adds.  Most named in BoT have 1-2 adds near by.

Yesterday I finally got around to finishing my Slipgear Gem and finished all the DoN Tier 1 solo tasks and will be doing the group event today or tomorrow and the tier 2 raid Saturday.  My guilds also gonna put together Dain groups so hopefully I will be able to finish Dain 2 and 3 this week.  With the upgrades im getting in the bazaar, plus Dain 2/3, DoN 1/2 and leveling to 68 I expect to add another 750hp and about 100ac.

My Druid is now only 10% from 65 and I am about 40% from 68 so both characters will level up this week.  Once they both level up I am gonna stop them and go back to AA.  I want to max all my healing focus AAs on my Druid and finish up my defensive and offensive AAs on my Beastlord.  Then I will return to murks and try a double pull.

Gunzak

Well a quick update.  While waiting on a group in RSS i decided to stop by here while running over.  On a single pull I was able to take the mob down with no problem only using lifetaps for heals.  On a 2 pull I had to use both potion heals and spells and barely survived but my pet died.  By the time the 2nd mob died I was at 30% hp and 0% mana.  If my pet had Tenacity or Conviction he would have survived and this would have been easier but with him dieing with both mobs still up I took quite a bit of damage.  This was solo not with my Druid bot who was in the bazaar at the time.  With my Druid healing me this would have been a very easy camp.