Main Menu

Targeting Pet when Spell is cast

Started by Rukar, September 25, 2006, 05:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rukar

Tastian can you ask the Devs why can they make the Epic not target the pet when cast but all other spells have to? I can understand Pet Proc and haste but Pet Heals would be nice to change to where it doesn't target along with Growl.

Don't let the Devs say it can't be done cause the Epic after the 19th Patch doesn't target.

Stumps_Bertox

Khylan  70 Draenei Mage of Malygos
EQ Toons (retired)
Gogbuk Beastlord of Bristlebane
Gogsbot Druid healing machine

Tastian

It's been a running issue.  I'm so glad that the epic isn't targeting anymore.  I keep using it as a 1k blast heal for the warder.  8P

Last update I had was it was mainly a coding issue and that spells are just different than AAs(such as hobble/mend) so they target the warder.  Especially in the case of growl you have the issue of not only having it not target the warder, but also having the spell fire a recourse that hits the warder.  *shrugs*  Will be bringing it up again, so we'll see.

Constaq

Im kinda tired but messed with  new pet slow and I swear it was auto targeting the mob it was on afte I cast.. will re check tomorrow

Shamno

Sort of wondering why they just don't make pet affinity true to itself. Just simply have anybuff land on the owner land on the pet as well, without any group spells really needed or have to have pets target to buff. That way these other abilities like Growl and Empathic Fury be self only and be gtg.