Main Menu

Steeltrap Jaws

Started by Timberghost, September 25, 2006, 06:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakaaba

i can confirm what rarrumm is saying.  i think procs are being used up without actually proccing if the pet is already hitting with another proc at that moment.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Boister

I get it last nite and try it for a full Nest mission.  Its really nice, once you setup the audio trigger.  Sure it suck to not have message from resist or fade, you can prolly make more audio for it.

I wonder why the audio trigger fonction cannot send message text instead.  This fonction will rock, send test, as you can send test message to the raid for when Slow hit, without the need to hit a social key.  It could even be setup to send a /tell to X caster to clear your X spell from you.  If they can implement adui trigger, should be to hard to send text!  :?

As for the pet slow, i am really happy with it so far.  I have seen 4 proc with no audio trigger, must have been resist.  It proc fairly fast. so 2 tumb's up for this new addition.

p.s.: i don't thing the resolve the problem with lv 65 slow overiding lev 70 in the case caster of leave 65 is higher than the caster of lv 70.
Boister, 75 Beastlord, Nameless
Boister

Skanda

Quote from: hakaaba on September 27, 2006, 05:50:45 PM
i can confirm what rarrumm is saying.  i think procs are being used up without actually proccing if the pet is already hitting with another proc at that moment.

I always kind of assumed that it was procing but being resisted. Since we can't see the resist messages from pet procs we have no idea how much it gets resisted.

vextoon

they need to change the buff icon same as SE and pet proc aint working   imo  :roll:

Rarrum

Got solid evidence of this here:
http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=beastlordbalance&message.id=3696

Steeltrap's proc counters get "lost" with other procs.

Koocoo

Sort of semi on topic.

Don't be restricted by the default audio triggers - make your own.

There are many text readers out there that will make a .wav from text. Make your own slow triggers - or for anything else for that matter.

My favorite is "Melee out! Melee out! for Ture encounters, or Left Side Left Side etc for Rikki.

If there was a fade message in text it would be cake for these slows.

Pakratz

so you guys are finding this useful it sounds like.  I'm skeptical.   When I'm slower, I'd like to have a slow attempted within 5 sec of engage.  Warder procs 5x per minute, so on average this 1st attempt will be after 12 seconds.  Typically the mob will be 50% dead by the time slow lands and sometimes will die before it get slowed at all.  I don't find this acceptable - if it's worth slowing, then it needs to be done ASAP.

Situationally, perhaps, but I don't see using this on a regular basis.

Boister

Yes pet can slow sometime later in the melee, but very often it proc as i hit Pet attack.  Usully when it don't slow very fast, the proc fade becaus the 4 slow resisted.  Still in the mad pull none stop, it nice to have the extra slow from pet, its just you need to recast slow on pet after each mob that die.

Not having the initial aggro/dmg from slow is nice, as tss MOB HIT PRETTY HARD, oups caps.
Boister, 75 Beastlord, Nameless
Boister

Tastian

"Warder procs 5x per minute, so on average this 1st attempt will be after 12 seconds."

Remember that steeltrap has a better proc rate mod than spirit of xxx.  Those spells are 150% proc rate mod, while steeltrap is 200%.  I  have seen resists be an issue, but shy of proc stacking issues that I'm trying to get looked into I really haven't had much of a problem with the slow firing off pretty early.

Katzeye

I was playiing with this yesterday and it seams to be working fine. I cast slow just to see if it was working and a little after you would see the slow get overiden and steeljaw fade. For soloing its great and for times when you have to mobs in camp its great. It's a great adition to our pet line of spells.
Elder Katzeye Burrowclaw
75th Wildblood
Primal Evolution
On Erollisi Marr (fomerly of Morell Thule)
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=211302 "> View Me</a>

Vidyne

The mana cost and short duration of the buff, for me at least, make it impossible for me to use it much in group content.   Most mobs I solo don't die in 60 seconds or less, so its not as useful for solo content either..

So that leaves it as raid content for preslowing.

If it were reduced to say 100mana, then perhaps there would be more room for it in group content.  But another 300mana spell to cast each mob is taxing to a mana pool.

Solo its ok.. it just seems to fade at the wrong times...  so timing and learning is needed.
Group its just too expensive given the rapid pulling and its short duration.
Raid it should work well but I just dinged yesterday, so I don't have lots of info yet.

hokarz

I noticed that if I didn't use the /pet focus command, that my warder would attack any unslowed mobs before attacking ones that were slowed. Might be good for multiple pulls and slowing quicker.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Vidyne

Have also noticed it fading before it ever procs, if that helps any.

This happens alot more often now that i've gotten a little testing in.. he will rarely proc it 2 times before steeltrap fades... never 4...  once in a blue moon 3.. usually just once..

To SOE:
Double the charges, or fix the bug :)

Also lower the mana cost.
Please :)

Denti

Tried to use steeltrap jaws as only slow in Ashengate today but basicly its useless with the current issues. It is a nice idea but it wears off before firing around 70% of the time and often doesnt land at all even if it fires (never more than twice). Please fix this spell, it is a very nice idea but at the moment of no practical use.

Keba

What determines proc order for these buffs?  Maybe that just needs changing so that steeltrap procs first.  That may mean that fetter procs first too, not sure if that is good or not.. it would decrease pet dps when using fetter.