Main Menu

animal faction issues

Started by hakaaba, September 26, 2006, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakaaba

Appearently, in SS, the devs forgot that beastlords are supposed to be on amiable to animals faction like druids and rangers.  There's plenty of evidence to support the fact that we are supposed to be. 

I assume we could dig up the patch message that made it so, and I can name a dozen mobs offhand from many zones who are on the right faction.

Quote from: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2002-1.html- Made some adjustments to factions to make Beastlords, Druids and
Rangers (as well as small adjustments for Vah Shir) a little better
liked by animals (those that don't adhere to a faction)

A Bloodthirsty Wolf DSP
a lion patriarch EK
a sabertooth tiger LOIO

That should be plenty of evidence to remind them of the faction issues.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Tastian

Already brought it up, but extra information is always welcome.  8) 

Hoping to hear something soon, so we'll see.  *shrugs*

Bengali

Did you tell them about Vah Shir also? (as listed in Hakaaba's post) :)
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Tastian

You already have sneak, stop being greedy.  8P

hokarz

don't forget safefall, too  :-D
Savage Lord Hokarz

Tiroon

Quote from: hakaaba on September 26, 2006, 06:12:15 PM
Appearently, in SS, the devs forgot that beastlords are supposed to be on amiable to animals faction like druids and rangers.  There's plenty of evidence to support the fact that we are supposed to be. 

The most recent example I can think of would be the animals in Nedaria's Landing.

The zone was added between the release of LDoN (09/2003) and GoD (02/2004) and the bear caves helped quite a few besties through the 30's. The grizzlies are amiable to BST, RNG and DRU but any other class coming near them pulls the whole cave (I've watched that many times. I was XP'ing there when they punted the bears from one cave and put the entrance to the new Forgotten Halls in there, attracting quite a crowd for a while).
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Bengali

Quote from: Tastian on September 27, 2006, 05:29:03 AM
You already have sneak, stop being greedy.  8P

Says the man who got his xp penalty removed!  :-D
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Tastian

I got the exp penalty from killing things removed.

The "xp penalty" from getting too close to other factions(non-animals) and getting put into the floor though, that one is still there.  8P