Main Menu

DoD ability Change

Started by Kanan, September 29, 2006, 03:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kanan

In case no one else had noticed, the DoD melee abilities have become fubar.

The go to the combat abilities window, and will block you from popping additional discs.

If this was on purpose, it was worst possible thing they could have done to these abilities, since they will severely limit the usefulness of them.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

hakaaba

Well we probably didnt notice seeing as how we didnt get a DoD melee ability.  :roll:

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Rawrzor

Quote from: hakaaba on September 29, 2006, 04:05:39 PM
Well we probably didnt notice seeing as how we didnt get a DoD melee ability.  :roll:

I think he's talking about Empathic Fury.
Rawrzor
72 Beastlord, Bristlebane Server
Co-Leader of Meiyo

Magelo | EQPlayers.com | Blog

Kanan

nope.. I'm talking about Fists of Wu, Commanding Voice, Thief's Eyes, and the Zerker crit ability are now going to the disc window.  If you are discing, those buffs won't land.  If you aren't discing, but try to pop a disc with that up, you get the "you're discing now dummy" message.

Yeah.. that will make those fairly useful tools totally useless.

Grbage

Lots of screaming about in on the eqforums. Guess you can ruin a raids day by MGB'ing one of these abilities. If a class doesnt notice it (war) then goes to use a disc it will be blocked until the offending blocker is clicked off.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Timberghost

This is one of those seriously FUBARed items.

Basically any ability that has a group effect is now going to the disc window instead of to the short term buffs window.

This means that Zerker War Cry, Rogue Thief's Eye, Monk Fists of Wu and so on are now being treated as if they were a disc.

What this means is that your tank can't go defensive if anyone in the group has one of these running.  On my zerker I forgot and hit Battle Cry  for group overhaste and then tried to hit my crit everything disc, and couldn't.

Lots of screaming about it on the class boards.  THe zerkers are the most articulate about it.  Check out Goberserker.com/forums.....

BTW Kythera acknowledges that there is a problem, but says that there's no rush to fix it cause the skills are working as they're supposed to just in the wrong window.  Don't think he gets what preventing tanks from going defensive means to a raid.  Also blocks offensive discs when you get the call "go all out DPS and burn him down"

Zerkers used to be able to MGB overhaste to a raid.  Guess you're not gonna do that any more till we're absolutely convinced it's been fixed for a while.

Kanan

aye.. hearing from Kytherea has a lot less meaning to me than hearing from a game dev =/

Timberghost

Quote from: Kanan on September 29, 2006, 06:50:16 PM
aye.. hearing from Kytherea has a lot less meaning to me than hearing from a game dev =/

For what it's worth, Kytherea is SOEs Community Relations Manager, so he gets an awful lot of say in what gets fixed and what doesn't get fixed. 

You can read the full thread of the 9/27 game update and the resulting bugs off the SoE Veteran Forums at http://eqforums.soe.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=Veterans&message.id=295338

What he said on the subject was

"...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ArmaPwnsOgo wrote:
More detail for you.

War Cry (Overhaste+Atk), Thief's Eyes, Bloodthirst, Cry Havoc and the respectful monk and warrior DoD discplines, are going to the Disc / Combat Abilities window of both the caster, and the group recipients, therefore blocking true discs.

I can only assume this is an un-intended side effect of correcting warrior Savage/Fellstrike stacking. 

However, this should be fixed immediately, as in bring the servers down as soon as the code is out and fix it.   

I haven't read too much on the warrior forums recently, but it seem's Savage was meant to be an AA type discipline, and not stackable with others.  Why not code it much the same Untamed Rage (Berserker AA Discpline.)  Forcing the AA ability into the Combat Abilities window.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's just cosmetic since the effects still work, but they'll be back in the short duration buff box after the next spells patch.

Kytherea ~~wielding a giant hammer & a hairless War Hamster~~

"I'm late, I'm late...."
..."

Tastian

I meant to post on this the other day, but I guess it got lost.  8(

They are aware of it and to my knowledge the fix is already there, but won't go in until the next patch.  I'm not sure when that patch will be, but yes they are aware of it and yes they plan to fix it.  *shrugs*

The issue really is the stacking and it's annoying much like having prot up and hitting emp a hair early is annoying.  For us, for others this can wipe a raid hehe.  8P 

For right now it's just important to make people aware of it and make sure certain classes know not to use certain discs. 

Tigrah

on this note, when did bestial fury start overwritting growl of panther? I knew they didn't stack, but when did BFD start dispelling growl?
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Kanan

since it was introduced Tigrah.

It's always done that.

Timberghost

Quote from: Kanan on September 29, 2006, 03:19:53 PM
In case no one else had noticed, the DoD melee abilities have become fubar.

The go to the combat abilities window, and will block you from popping additional discs.

If this was on purpose, it was worst possible thing they could have done to these abilities, since they will severely limit the usefulness of them.

BTW these were fixed with the last patch, and some with the one just before it.  They now go properly to the short term buff window.