Main Menu

Focus of Amilan + MGB?

Started by Skanda, September 30, 2006, 11:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skanda

I had a friend point this out to me yesterday so I started trying it out too. It seems that Amilan currently does not work with MGB. I'll cast it and it will use the MGB up but it won't hit anyone not grouped with me. This is probably a bug left over from when they changed it from a single target into a group buff spell. I've done a bug report but those are next to uesless. Hopefully you can go poke the spell Dev about this Tast.

Tastian

Did a couple days ago when I noticed it hehe.  8P

Haven't heard back yet, but obviously a small oversight so hopefully will be fixed soon(ish).  8)

Wewere

Petitioned this and was told in response that "the spell is worked as intended".  Ticket closed

Rawrzor

Quote from: Wewere on October 26, 2006, 02:12:55 PM
Petitioned this and was told in response that "the spell is worked as intended".  Ticket closed

That's really the only response you'll get from a petition in regards to spell utility.  In this case, "working as intended" means that the spell is castable.  As for the spell specifics (cast time, mana cost, group vs solo, MGB-ability, etc.), that needs to be addressed to the devs via the Sony forums or via our community correspondent.
Rawrzor
72 Beastlord, Bristlebane Server
Co-Leader of Meiyo

Magelo | EQPlayers.com | Blog

Timberghost

Someone else already posted this in a different thread, but here's where your problem is.  Go to Lucy to the raw spell data (http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellraw.html?id=10337&source=Live) and note that it says:

can_mgb 0

That means it CAN'T be MGBed.  Until a dev changes that you are SoL

By contrast, any of our other spells that are MGBable say

can_mgb 1

This is just one of the things where it has to go through Tastian to say /Smack WTF were you thinking errrr or a more polite version of this such as "Why don't you want this spell to be MGBable"

jitathab

Im sure was oversight. Spell was orginally single target and then made group at the very very last moment.

Koocoo

I started the other post.

As was pointed out there it is only of concern in a few fights, namely the DoD progression where the shammy buffs from Wunshi up are blocked by the Blood AE.

It is a pain because many up-level (note I did not say end-game) guilds only carry a couple of beasts because of our uber dps uh well our tanking ability uh well range fight capability uh well our unequalled healing uh -- ok our SE. That means that in these fights 2 average mana pools are being drained  by 2k group spell costs. And don't expect the raid to sit and wait for the 5 minute timer to expire so you can regen your mana before you have to fight.

So everybody /bug it and maybe we will get a patch that actually has something for BLs for a change.

Skanda

Quote from: Koocoo on October 27, 2006, 07:50:42 PM
namely the DoD progression where the shammy buffs from Wunshi up are blocked by the Blood AE.

On that note anyone else notice in the last patch they finally got around to changing the Blood debuffs so they don't put you into combat now?

Kanan

wow.. at least for the DP debuffs, they didn't do that.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Razimir

I don't know why someone would like to MGB this useless buff, but /nod it seems to be bugged!

-Raz

Kanan

reason for it was in the other thread:  Its more hps thatn fo7th, and in Queen Sendaii & Matriarch Shyra, the curse AEs block the higher level focus spells, so being able to mgb it in those situations would be nice.

There's also the small raid situations where you don't have a shaman, where it would be nice.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Caathrok

Petitioned this last night, he (GM Gargnos) copied my char and attempted it, didn't work for him either so he submitted the problem to dev team (or so he says).

*crosses fingers*

Dude was also a good sport and pulled a mob off the walls in MPG for my guild raid. (we were bored, 2.0 epics ftw!) And put up with my guild again when he showed up in the guild hall looking exactly like me.

Best. GM. Ever.
Caathrok Tandroth - 75 Beastlord - Erolissi Marr

hakaaba

yep our focus spell has exactly 3 uses: solo, shyra, and sendaii :(

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Caathrok

I use the focus alot more than that... shamans aren't exactly plentiful on my server - the MGB of it, however... Shyra and Sendaii :)

still, mgb-ability will be a huge boon for those fights, as most of my guild prefer the few extra hp over the stats of fo7 and casting it for 5, 6, 7+ groups takes forever with it's manacost
Caathrok Tandroth - 75 Beastlord - Erolissi Marr

Mewzee

Did this ever get fixed in a patch or any GM or correspondent answer?

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server