Main Menu

Sphinx Questionn - PLEASE help lol!

Started by Rold_Afatty, October 07, 2006, 11:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rold_Afatty

Ok, so my friend was playing my character for me last night and he had a pally from my guild come with him to help with the sphinx stuff. Anyways long story short the pally was drunk and killed Ankhe-whatevertheheck. Now my faction is all messed up one of the Sphinxes is ally the other threatening. How can I fix this?! I think this is getting close to the end from the checklist and really hope it's not overly messed up as I have been really looking forward to my epic 1.5 =)

Phumog

First thing that comes to mind is to tell your freind to leave your epic progression alone if he is going to box you. For reasons just like this one.

Rold_Afatty

anything that might actually help me lol. I have gotten my faction back up to max with Ankehfenmut but  still can't get him to trigger the event.

Phumog

Could try petitioning it tell them you have all the required items and the event is not triggering for you. They sometimes will tell you your doing something wrong or will tell you what your missing if you get a nice GM.

Timberghost

This is another one of those weird ones, since Ankhefenmut and Zazamuk have opposing factions.  That is stomp one and the faction with the other one goes up.    BTW even though they start KOS, as you continue the dialog with them, your faction goes up as necessary to do your turn ins.

You probably can't start over.  My guess is that you have to continue from wherever you left off in the task.  You can check the journal to see what happened last, and continue on with the next step.

As far as getting around faction issues go, the simple thing to do is to find a cleric or chanter and bring them with you.  Keep the others back and do your hail.  The mob will agro on you.  Let em beat on you.  They hit like girls anyway.  They can beat on you all day and you won't notice it.  Have the cleric or chanter atone or memblur them.  (or you can root, step back, memblur and go on). That should give you neutral faction with them.  Then continue with the next step in your dialog / turn ins with them.

Here is what is supposed to happen (excerpted from the excellent guide on this site), so see which step you need to pick up from:

"
Part 4
Head out to Ocean of Tears and Locate Marrey McGrannel
Receive Feral Lord's Brooch

Seek out and find Ankhefenmut & Zazamoukh ( in Rathe Mountains @ loc 3462.82, -3316.92, 24.21)
You say, 'Hail, Ankhefenmut' <NOTE: zone after hail to clear aggro>
You say, 'I am willing to help you'
You say, 'I am the beastlord'
You say, 'prove'
You say, "What riddles?"
You say, 'moons'
You say, 'kedge keep'
You say, 'elddar elves'
You say, 'come upon what enemy'
You say, 'what chaotic feeling'
You say, 'endangered'
Head over to Zazmoukh
You say, 'Hail, Zazamoukh'
You say, 'whats happening'
Kill a Rambling Sphinx Spiritservant
loot a Tarnished Ankh Piece.

You say, 'Hail, Zazamoukh'
Hand Zazamoukh the Tarnished Ankh Piece

Recieve Sparkling Silk Scarf

Head back to Ankhefenmut and hand her the Sparkling Silk Scarf

Kill a Raving Sphinx Spiritservant
loot a Sullied Ankh Piece.

Give Sullied Ankh Piece to Ankhefenmut

Receive Gift of the Sphinx
"

Rold_Afatty

Thank you Timberghost - heres the problem though. When i took the original faction hit b/c that guy killed Ankhefenmut it made my Zenzew/e faction go up to ally but Ankhefenmuts faction went down to max threat. Since the first encounter with them is with Ankhefenmut I farmed faction back up to ally but now I can't seem to interact with him still.

Also- my friend used up all of the charges for the Feral Lord Brooch is that a problem??

Phumog

The Broach has nothing further to do with your progression it is just a reward. Why we would need a clicky sow I will never know.

dainfrol

Quote from: Phumog on October 12, 2006, 10:58:48 AM
Why we would need a clicky sow I will never know.
In case we don't have a drood to SoE us and before we get run 3.  Just a thought. (I almost always have SoE and have run 3 so I don't use my clickie SoW unless buffing a guildie's lowbie alt.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Rold_Afatty

Ok, so  what can i do to get ankhefenmut to respond to my prompts? hes at "considers you kindly" and still won't say anything to me when I hail him and wont respond when I type "i am willing to help you".

Nusa

Actually, I found a use for the clicky SoW charges, after having it sit around in my bank for ages. You can use it when you're shrouded. Of course, when they're gone, they're gone.

Phumog

Quote from: Rold_Afatty on October 12, 2006, 01:00:02 PM
Ok, so  what can i do to get ankhefenmut to respond to my prompts? hes at "considers you kindly" and still won't say anything to me when I hail him and wont respond when I type "i am willing to help you".

Have you tried petitioning the problem? Sometimes they can give good advise or tell you that you may be missing something.

I had a probelm gettgin my 1.0 in grimmling and petitioned it and luckaly got a GM that tried to walk me through the event just to find out that it was broken.

Rold_Afatty

I petitioned it several times and finally got it fixed last night. Before I was just getting gms who kept telling me to ask players for help and such. Yesterday, however, I demanded that my petition be given to a GM Admin in the petition and he told me that because Ankhe got killed it reset my epic back to the part where you say "what letter?" to Muada in Shar Vahl so now thankfully all should be good. He said once I redid that stuff it should work as intended again.