Main Menu

Plane of Hate

Started by Baerek, October 09, 2006, 08:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baerek

I was wondering if any of you have any experience soloing/duoing PoH. I'm looking for a good place to AA/Level my 61 BL. I have a 63 druid that I box. I used to do Hate in groups with my ranger, but I ahve no idea how hard they hit really, and don't remember how long the mobs take to kill. I'm almost positive I could take any Tier 1 stuff without a problem. I could probably do Tier 2, but it would be more difficult. I've been in Veksar almost exclusively since around level 50, and I'm just looking for a change of pace, and a place that isn't nearly as camped. I know there's lots of gems that drop, and armor can be handed in for gems as well so there's some good vendor food there. I don't care if the exp is somewhat slower than Veksar because I'm just tired of that place for now. I just want decent exp in a new place. I'll probably go try this out later today, but just wanted to get an opinion. Thanks a lot.

Taiglin

That question comes up a fair amount here IIRC. Searching would probably yield some good results (not trying to be sarcastic when I say this). Another place to look is the mage boards. The way they solo isn't quite the same but is close enough and their boards are active enough that doing a search there would also yeild some good results as well.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Gunzak

PoH mobs dont hit hard and should not be too difficult for you.  The only issue will be the fact that PoH is flagged as a riad zone so that great new regen we receive while sitting after 30 seconds will take 5 minutes to kick in.  At 61 with a 63 Druid the best place would be Veksar or Plane of Storms at the forest camp.  Forest camp mobs are level 57 or 58 on the bears and trees and up to level 60 on the frogs so the zone will be good experience until you hit 66.

Baerek

I searched for Plane of Hate and couldn't find any useful info, so I apologize for the question. I am kinda sick of Veksar, so maybe I'll give PoStorms a shot. Thanks for the info.

Tiroon

Start here and use the links for some info and the map.

You should be able to do well there though I have first hand experience only from many visits there at 65, annoying the heck out of the mobs in the NE corner.

If you're after XP at 61 in a place other than Veksar try Nurga. Tier 5 around Malam/Henxsa is single pullable and the odd add or overpull will not spoil the day. No belly casters there or mobs that resists just about everything you throw at them and no clerics either. Nurgalopedia

Fungus Grove shrooms are single pullable by anyone 60 or higher and if your duo's gear and disease resists are good you can more or less sit in a shroom patch and let the DS do its work.

You could try the animals in Undershore. Camp near Freemind and lev across the water to pull from opposite side. The melee/hybrid haste ring and the caster/priest earring are zone wide rares and well worth going after.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Gunzak

Looking at your Magelo if you do ND3 and PE1 you will add about 500 more hp and you can also add 8 50hp augs from DoN getting you to over 5k hp at level 63.  With Conv and bst/shm buffs you should break 7k.

Good places for a 62bst/63dru duo are

Veksar - Hot Zone

Nurga - Never been here

Plane of Storms - Frogs are DB till 66, dont summon and max hit around 400.  Bears and trees are DB till 64 and max hit in 300s.  Bears and trees spend most of the time casting instead of swinging.  Trees and snakes will summon and all animals in range will assist.  Mobs rarely drop Ethereal Parchments which are used for 61/62 spells.

Plane of Valor - Golems and Fiends are DB till 68, dont summon and max hit around 470.  Spiders and centipeeds are DB till 67, dont summon and max hit around 470.  All can be snared except spiders which are immune.  Mobs rarely drop Ethereal Parchments which are used for 61/62 spells.

Grieg's End - Mobs pre gate are Db till 60/61 so exp per mob lower but you can tear them up.  Max hit 170.  Mobs post gate are higher level so they are better experience but they take longer till kill.  Common drops are gems, words and tradeskill items.

Shieara

One thing about PoHate that wasn't mentioned is the cash up there.  In tier 1 you get not only common gem drops, but also the armor turnins for gems.  Also in tier1 are the mq for several 1.0 epics (not sure on demand for these).  Like most things, it depends a little on luck, but I personally found that I did better money-wise doing Hate vs. all the other zones in that level range (even with the port stone). 

With the new rest system there are probably a lot better choices, but though I would throw that in as something to consider.

Baerek

Wow, thanks for the info. Speaking of my gear and stuff, with Tenacity, self buffs, and tribute hp, I'm at almost 7k. If I get the new shaman buff (dire focus? or something like that) I hit like 7.2k. I think I have plenty of info to figure out where to go. My druid's gear sucks. He was a friend's character. That friend quit, and his characters got stripped. A couple years ago I got him some cheap stuff that was easy to get, and since I started playing again a couple months ago, been slowly getting him better stuff.

I think PoStorms and Nurga look like good places to start. Might try GE as well. Again, thanks for the info.

Taiglin

If you have TSS I would check out the roost. Is a neat little zone and hardly anyone is there (ever)

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]