Main Menu

Mages vs Beastlords etc.

Started by Shamno, October 10, 2006, 05:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamno

Now I don't think any mage is asking for a nerf. Rather upgrades on some utility that for no reason should give them upgrades.

Now utility such as spellbreakers guard and Mammoth Skin, yeah we can see the universal and should be. We agree. Heck even PR I can understand to an extent.

Nill you were the one complainging about slow earlier where you not? Somehow counting it as out pet utiltiy? SV and Focus as well?

How about us being able to use your pet utility to somehow close a gap? You even went as far to say that our warders are now on par with your pets now?

You see where we can be a little upset yet?

Where we might think that some one might be fast to think that you are calling for a nerf?

Skanda

Quote from: Nilaman on October 17, 2006, 10:35:04 PM

When did I ever claim beastlords were overpowered and/or in need of a nerf?

When you start refering to our pets as "threats" it's a pretty good indirect indication that you think we're overpowered.

Tulisin

Quote from: Discordant on October 17, 2006, 06:38:57 PM

I'm frankly tired of hearing the mages should have the nukes that they have, the pets that they have and all of their other utility, PLUS having pets that are significantly more powerful than any other class in the game.  Mages were made overpowered when DODH came out, and its only take the developers now to realize that they needed to bring them back in line.  If you want the same types of tools, get rid of all the nuke upgrades you guys have gotten over the last few expansions, then maybe you will find an ear over here.

While I personally have no use for most of the newer nukes and have not bothered to get them, they do not represent an increase in magician power over what new spells would normally bring. Mage nuking power hasn't got a boost, just progressed along with new power increases at the same rate as the other nuking classes. I personally don't like nuking and wouldn't mind getting rid of it in favor of pet power, but I realize I'm not the majority in this.

Urim

Spells that try to correct the HUGE problem of pet survivability should be given to all pet classes. This includes Mammoth Guard and it includes Spellbreaker's Guard.

There is absolutely no reason that i can see to give any other pet class a form of Promised Mending. Beastlords are a wisdom based class, the same as all the healers. Int casters are primarily damage based. There is no reasoning behind allowing an int caster to heal even CLOSE to the ability of a wisdom caster. Promised Mending type spells are currently unique to wisdom casters and should stay that way, at least for now.

You guys are also crazy to think that beastlord pets pose some sort of "threat" to your pets. A magician pet will hands down out tank, out dps a beastlord pet, no doubt in my mind. Sure, your pets are no longer twice as good as ours as they once were .... but they never should have been twice as good to begin with.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

bestuss

As for pet heals i have one memmed at all times on my bst's and mage + the regular heal for myself, cause with the power of the mobs in tss a 1200hp heal is like putting a bandaid on a broken leg, won't help much at all to bad i can't use the pet heal on myself :)

Maybe if i had 10k unbuffed hp or more my pet didn't need to tank while i heal up as he has to do now with some of the damn overpowered mobs in tss.
/Nexxius lvl 40 beastlord on Antonius Bayle
My magelo
/Goloog lvl 67 beastlord on Antonius Bayle Goloogs magelo

Merescata

The people on the mage boards ought to have never mentioned Beastlord's.  I looks like they just wanted a few tweeks to the spell lines they currently have.  Bringing in BL's just muddied the waters of any good debate.  I do not see any good (fair?) way to compare parses of pets.  Asking us to drop the pets aa's to get a parse?  Oh well, I did get a few good chuckles in reading this. 

/chuckle

Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

Kitathia

Quote from: Nilaman on October 17, 2006, 12:09:15 AM
It's a fact, and I know damn well that beastlords wouldn't like it if mages were given the ability to tank and do respectable melee damage as well as slow. No, that would be encrouching on your territory and you wouldn't feel too happy about it.

Tank away Nil............................... I wouldn't mind one bit :) Though IF mages think they should tank too.. then... shouldn't bst get better nukes? *sarcastic smirk* I mean you have no clue as to our nukes do ya? We get cold nukes that are resisted all over Norrath and our dots? sheeshh don't get me started....

Though, I'm pretty happy with TSS bst AND mage pet utility spells - hubby plays a mage so Tigger is usually fashionably geared and his pet is decently buffed. As far as the HP and STR of the two pet.. well there can be no doubt mages have the stronger pet in the 71 then the 73 bst pet.. Do I mind? Not one bit..

Part from both classes having a "pet" you are comparing apples to oranges...

Just my 2 cents...

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious