Main Menu

Agro issue - Spiked Sleet

Started by mogtoth1, October 16, 2006, 08:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogtoth1

I have rank 2 in this spell and have noted a large spike in agro when its cast. Most tanks have no problem when i land ancient and glacier but since I have had SS2 as soon as i land it the mob immediately turns his attention to me, even after the fight has been going on for a while. Now this isnt just within pickups, where I dont know how good agro holding is with the tank, but also in guild groups where i know the tank WILL be grabbing agro and can hold it from me. Anyone else seen this and is it supposed to be this way?
Tails high and walk away with pride

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord
Clan nan Dreolan - Prexus

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1087128

Inphared

I've noticed not just an agro problem with this spell, but an overall agro problem. Generally, before TSS, I could chain 6 nukes and have no problem with agro on a 3-4 min burn fight. Now I usually grab agro halfway through my second cycle of nuking.

Combined with an Enchanter casting Mana Flare on me, and (if I'm lucky) a Bard using his/her Cold Focus DD song, we can put out some sick DPS, but agro skyrockets.

I now limit myself to 3 nukes and Bestial Empathy, maybe 4 nukes if BE isn't appropriate.

hokarz

A druid friend of mine said that same thing about her new TSS nuke too. She kept getting aggro whenever she used that nuke. Even if it's the only thing she used was that nuke, no debuffiung or dots and waited until the mob was at the last 30%, it turned to her. I don't know if it's just a TSS nuke aggro tweak that needs to be done, or not.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Skanda

I personally haven't really noticed anything different and I'm always trying to grab agro from tanks in groups just to jack with them.

/shrug

Kanan

abt 30 secs into a ZT fight last night, I actually pulled agro from the tanks after casting it for its 2nd round.  It had me going "huh?!" bcs I hadn't changed patterns that much.

Now, there is a druid spell from TSS that does have a warning to it that it causes exceptional agro.  I do not recall which one this is, off the top of my head, but it is in the last line of the spell description.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Rarrum

Using rank 1 of it still... I hadn't noticed anything unusual... is it just rank 2 that's boing odd maybe?

Discordant

I haven't really noticed a difference in the aggro in the spell casting.  Where I have noticed a difference is in general melee situations.  A double edged sword with us getting Double Attack, but in any event, it hasn't taken much to adapt the playstyle to the increased aggro from it.

Timberghost

I've noticed that I pull a lot more slowing agro since TSS.  Never really noticed a problem before, but now Sha's legacy seems to pull a lot more agro.  Half a level to steeltrap jaws, before I can see if it's higher agro too.

Kanan

steeltrap's agro won't affect you in the slightest bit.. remember.. it is being cast upon your pet, and the slow is a spell that your pet is casting, not that you are casting.

Jeezus.. imagine what it would be like if pets couldn't get any agro at all and it just transferred to the owner.. rofl.. bsts would be the true agro kings ;p

dainfrol

Quote from: Kanan on October 17, 2006, 03:04:18 PM
steeltrap's agro won't affect you in the slightest bit.. remember.. it is being cast upon your pet, and the slow is a spell that your pet is casting, not that you are casting.
If you are in Melee range of the mob, your pet's agro generated will be transfered to you.  I don't know the hate level of Steeltrap though.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Pakratz

""If you are in Melee range of the mob, your pet's agro generated will be transfered to you.""

I would be shocked if this were true.  That hasn't been my personal experience at all.  I'm waaaay down on the aggro list, always below rangers while always out dpsing them.  In fact I find it rather hard to hold aggro when I try to tank despite superior dps.  Unless pet procs have a hate lowering effect or something...

Where did you read this?

dainfrol

I don't remember reading it anywhere, but I've seen it.  I had extremely poor DPS for a long time while growing up.  When I would group with my friend's PAL sometimes (without casting anything but slow) I'd steal agro from him in the middle of a fight after my pet proc'ed.  Pet procs have a hate mod added to them and since the agro can't go to the pet when there are PC's in agro range, where does that hate mod go to?
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

laissez

to replie to the post above about stealing agro from a pal, our pet proc line of spells when proc invokes the root code for a split second until you back up or addional agro is added, i think this is true with all stuns landed or not.  And yes there is some transfer agro from your pet, i seriesly doubt it 100% maybe even just inntial agro for having a pet i dunno but this is evident at when u tell your pet to attack a mob that you don't agro yourself it dies agro is transfer to you, or maybe it doesn't and you get within melee range agro is transfered to you.
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server

Kanan

way back when, when I used a triple nuke cocktail as my raid setup, they dying on a boss, after the tank went down usually went: biggest wizzy agro whore, me, and then the rogues.  I started using BE, a far higher dps pet, and I started getting on agro after rangers would, w/o them taunting. 

Now, if the pets transfer agro when to their owner, I should have moved up the dps agro chain, should I have not?

Yet I moved down.

Pets do not transfer all their agro to the owners.  I'm betting it is a single point of agro that is transferred upon the death of a pet.  A test you can perform to determine this:  Pull with your pet, choose a nice green one so that it will die fairly quickly.  Choose a nice single pull.  Buff the pet up so that it can survive long enough to build up a lil agro.  Now, sic the pet on a mob and run back to camp.  When the pet dies, it'll, of course, come chasing after you.  Have your tank attack it, w/o taunt or other big hate add abilities, the moment he can.  Hell, have him plink with an arrow.  I'll bet ya whatever sum you wish that the tank will get agro from you as long as you do nothing else.

Now, during the lil bit of time your pet lived, it will have accrued a bit o' agro/hate.  If I am wrong, that mob will ignore your tank and come blazing in onto you, chewing you up.  If I am right, which I feel quite confident about, the mob will stop & start beating on your tank.

This is not a way to try to pet pull btw, or anything like that.  It is merely a test.

Rawrzor

QuotePets do not transfer all their agro to the owners.  I'm betting it is a single point of agro that is transferred upon the death of a pet

For the most part, I agree with what you're saying.  However, how do you explain the fact that if fluffy is beating on something and you approach the mob, the mob turns and starts hitting you (the common way to save your pet from dying)?  To me this would imply that your pet has given you some position on the mob's hate list.
Rawrzor
72 Beastlord, Bristlebane Server
Co-Leader of Meiyo

Magelo | EQPlayers.com | Blog