Main Menu

Agro issue - Spiked Sleet

Started by mogtoth1, October 16, 2006, 08:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humlaine

Eitherway this goes ... to have noticed a big jump in aggro not just from Spells but pure melee as well.....I totally agree on spiked sleet is aggro issue atm but I am sure SoE has something in the works to fix this issue....when I am tanking over warrior's with superior aggro weapons and sometimes dps even in Demi I end up tanking a mob thats hitting for 5k something isnt right there. This is a issue thats needs to be addressed if it hasnt been already

Buzak

just have to correct a statement sumone made earlier.
if pets have the highest aggro the mobs do NOT attack the closest PC in melee range no matter of the aggro. it does not work as with root, aggro works exacly as with all other fights only that people out of melees aggro dont count unless they top pets enough to grab the aggro from him.

Buzak Ubertroll & fluffy ubergater

Oiingo

I haven't noticed any difference in agro.  When the tanks go down, healers are next, then berserkers, rogues, rangers and finally us. 
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Timberghost

Quote from: Buzak on November 06, 2006, 04:01:56 PM
if pets have the highest aggro the mobs do NOT attack the closest PC in melee range no matter of the aggro. it does not work as with root, aggro works exacly as with all other fights only that people out of melees aggro dont count unless they top pets enough to grab the aggro from him.

/agree, but I don't think it's quite that simple.  Pet agro is a bit weird.

A lot of our soloability involves the ability to swap off with our pets.  I think Buzak is right on when he says "...aggro works exacly as with all other fights only that people out of melees aggro dont count unless they top pets enough to grab the aggro from him."  That is you can step in, and the mob will turn to you, even if you haven't done anything yet, but you can also step back out of melee and the mob turns back to the pet.

As an example, think about soloing something in MPG to see how it works.  I grab a mob, send in the kitty, hit promised mending and slow the mob.  If the kitty's health goes down too fast for the promised mending to have time, I just step up and melee it for a bit  As soon as I get up close the mob turns from the pet to me.  Promised mending hits, and I step back and the mob does not follow me it goes back to the pet.

That shows that given a choice between a pet or a Player, the mobs will give the player a somewhat higher priority.  Not hugely higher.  He doesn't follow me when I back off, but higher for sure.  My pet can have knocked 75% off the mob, but when I step up he turns to me.

I wish I could give you some kind of a formula for it, but I'll have to defer to our parser gurus for that.

Nusa

I haven't noticed any aggro changes either. When the tanks go down, I'm often one of the first to get aggro, but that's always been the case. Just have to know how to switch to emergency tank role...pop the defensive disc, move to the tank position, turn off attack (last thing you need is riposte damage), and hope they the healers have you covered before the disc wears off.

hakaaba

Quote from: Buzak on November 06, 2006, 04:01:56 PM

There is a somewhat root-like effect of a pet on highest aggro.

I'm fairly certain that if

(1) There is a pet that is at THE highest point in the aggro list
(2) There is at least one PC in melee range

Then the mob will not run off to chase someone out of melee range unless they pass the pet's level of aggro, even if they are second highest on the list (after the pet).

E.G. if Beastlord B, Beastlord B's warder, and wizard W were fighting mob M and the aggro list looked like this:

B's warder
Wizard
Beastlord

It'd still be whacking the beastlord despite him actually being at the bottom of the aggro list.

Who do i hate most? --B's Warder-> Is it a pet? --Yes-> Are there any PCs in melee range? --Yes-> Which of those do i hate the most? --Beastlord-> Ok i'll hit him!

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Kanan

it would be simple to test, but it is one that I believe doesn't work that way Hak.  Pretty sure after the time I've spent beating on a mob at times, that, when the wizzy/necro steals agro from the tank and the tank is stuck oor and its me & pet, it doesn't shift over to me then.

test for it:  pet tanks a mob for a bit, bst throws slow and a nuke on it to get some agro, the tank then steps in and pulls a successful taunt and a coupla swings (I know that can take a few mins at times ;p) and then steps back, a decent amount over the bst on agro, but well under the pet (my assumption (please correct if wrong) that the taunt would go to owner agro level, not pet agro level).  Tank then starts running to avoid and bst runs along beside mob, not swinging.  Per Hak's theory, the mob would stop and start beating on us, bcs the tank should be at far less agro than us.  If my theory re: what level the taunt puts you at (owner's vs pet's) is incorrect, it should still not matter, bcs the pet would not cease attacking, and it should quickly pass the tank in agro.

Doubt I'll be able to, but I'd be interested to see how it works for others.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Timberghost

Haven't done that specific test, but when I solo, I swap agro back and forth with the tiger all the time for mana preservation.  eg I can heal him for 8k+, but me for only ~1500.

I out DPS the kitty by a good piece as do we all, plus the extra agro from slowing, DOTing, nuking, etc.

Whenever I step up to the mob, even if I've done nothing to the mob yet, the mob turns away from the pet and starts beating on me.  That's how I buy extra time for pet heals to land sometimes.

As soon as I step back, the mob goes back to beating on the kitty.

I think that it's not as simple as a hate list order, because when we both beat on the mob, I should be higher on the hate list than the pet, but it still lets me step back and doesn't follow me, turning back to the pet instead.

hakaaba

QuoteWhenever I step up to the mob, even if I've done nothing to the mob yet, the mob turns away from the pet and starts beating on me.  That's how I buy extra time for pet heals to land sometimes.
Everythign works as normal, except mobs refuse to attack a pet if there are PCs in melee range. But your relative positions in the aggro list remain unchanged.

QuotePer Hak's theory, the mob would stop and start beating on us, bcs the tank should be at far less agro than us.
Actually it should never run in the first place :p

Pets have tremendous aggro between their constant rapid melee hits, chain taunts (which *do* go to the pet otherwise beastlords would have rediculous aggro) and rather common stun, +aggro procs.

You can test the taunt thing.  Send your pet to attack a weak mob.  Don't slow the mob or anything that would directly give you alot of aggro.  Have your friend hit the mob with anything detrimental (from range).  Kill your pet, and the mob will run and attack your friend.

If i understand your scenerio right, yes.  The mob should start attacking you if the tank steps out of aggro range given that the pet has more aggro than both of you.

Normally, the reverse is true.  Its me stepping out of melee range for a moment to get the mob back on the tank.  :wink:

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

laissez

The bst pet procs spirt of xxx invokes the root code from time to time.  This is most evident when your in a kite group and your pet is attacking like normal and bam he has agro and you try your ass off for agro but it sticks with pet, call pet back agro is back to normal, this is despite your pet tuant is off and he is buffed with -hate procs.
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server