Main Menu

Tastian - TSS Tiered Armor & BST Equipment

Started by Discordant, October 31, 2006, 09:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otuol

Quote from: Inphared on November 12, 2006, 09:15:54 PM
Quote from: Otuol on November 12, 2006, 08:40:39 PM
I realize it's his first expansion, but I think the job Merloc did in itemizing TSS was pretty lackluster.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Zajeer do the itemizing for TSS?

You know, you might be right now that I think about it.  Well, that makes it even worse for someone who's been there a while.

Inphared

Quote from: Otuol on November 13, 2006, 02:46:33 AM
Well, that makes it even worse for someone who's been there a while.

Don't take this as gospel, but I personally think that Zajeer didn't want to lose his itemizing job, so in order to spite the new guy, he made the items in expansion totally fugly in order to work the new guy really hard.

That, or they moved him because he did such a fubar job on this.

Grbage

Zajeer was in charge of itemization while training Merloc I believe
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Otuol

Well any which way you slice it, they did a bad job of itemizing an expansion the whole team was proud of making.  I thought this expansion had a whole lot of potential but it seems they just put out another ho hum add on. Happy happy joy joy.

Jili

So far in TSS I have seen nothing I want to trade my DP/DK gear with except for a few augs.

After the Demi Plane itemization success I really hoped they had figured out what us Bst's need, I guess i was wrong.
At least I get to save some dkp for next time (if ever) they hit the right spot again

Gaeastar

noticing a lack of agility on our class gear too or at least on the pieces I am wearing common we are an avoidance class after all...
[code:1]
Gaeastar Darkmoone - 68 - Beastlord - Tunare
Gaeastar Darkmoone - 71 - Beastlord - Povar
[/code:1]

Silent and swift i walk always on the dark side of the moon ever searching for the new and wonderous experiences that the world has in store for those who bother to look.

Tastian

***********GOT AN ANSWER~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!******************

"(Merloc) In future expansions hybrids will probably see endurance added to their armor.  However, it most likely won't be retroactively applied to armor."

***********STILL AN ANSWER~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!******************

<~~~Needs a hug   8(

Inphared

hokarz

I sent a PM to Merloc about lack of endurance on beastlord armor and the fact that it has a DS mod on some of the pieces from Tier 2. He said he may look into changing the stats some and adding endurance on hybrid armor in the future. Lack of endurance was actually designed that way on purpose.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Timberghost

Quote from: hokarz on December 12, 2006, 05:05:24 PM
...Lack of endurance was actually designed that way on purpose.

I wonder why... what possible use would a DS be vs END.... :-P

hakaaba

Yay an answer!  It's another "no, we aren't gonna do anything" answer but thats impressive. :(

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Shamno

The real lose I think is weapons and class specific armor, both on the grouping and the raiding end.

Weapons, mainly on the grouping end, are way to off the mark and remain to be stagnate. It is bad that the best RvR group weapon is a level 20 quest item 1 handed blunt. 20 daamge 36 delay item. (I say this jokingly of course.)

Class specific armor, specially the specific item peices like our ring or monk shoulders high end or what ever might be the casual items like that. They simply lack any extra mods or appealing value compared to items as such in the past.

Only one person I know of hasn't agreed with these 2 problems, but he is a lunatic fringe of the warrior community and probably should been booted from the comminuty boards a long time ago.

Grbage

Quote from: Shamno on December 19, 2006, 04:23:23 PM

Only one person I know of hasn't agreed with these 2 problems, but he is a lunatic fringe of the warrior community and probably should been booted from the comminuty boards a long time ago.

It figures that the only person BB can find to agree with him is Merloc....
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

hokarz

I still think Merloc and BB are one and the same person. They both seem to think the same way.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Shamno

Quote from: hokarz on December 22, 2006, 01:33:04 AM
I still think Merloc and BB are one and the same person. They both seem to think the same way.

Nah at least Merloc is willing to listen some what, even with some lack of feedback, and is suppose to be doing some review on some of those weapons. *shrug* We will see I suppose.

Thing with BB, is all he said was correct about was some of the intentions like weapons like Despair and BoTE, and the context which they came about. This is the only thing I really seen Merloc agree on.

BB on the other hand extends those thoughts to a sell deluded seperatist movement of raiders and none raiders. *Shrug*