Main Menu

Prat clarifies rank 3 system

Started by Denti, November 04, 2006, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denti

QuoteOriginally Posted by Prathun
Despite its better judgment, my calculator started talking with me again and we chatted over a candlelit dinner about Rank III spells. As the night wore on and our inhibitions loosened, the discussion really heated up. If you're easily offended you might want to stop reading right here and now. This is going to get juicy.

"So just to sum up", I explained, dabbing at the corners of my mouth with my napkin, "If you clear Frostcrypt and Ashengate once a week, every week, like clockwork - every member of a 70 member guild will have their runes in less than 5 months. If you clear the entire expansion once a week, every week, like clockwork - every member of the same 70 member guild will have their runes in less than 4 months. It can be a little shorter or faster than this, depending on the guild's class makeup, and rolls of the random number generator, but there you have it."
"Four months? That is a far cry from the years that some folks have estimated!", my calculator blurted out, incredulously, as I indicated to the waiter that we needed another round of drinks.
"Yes, but that's because there's something I know that they don't."
"But Prathun", the calculator leaned in close, its LCD face changing to form a somber expression, "Why can't you be honest with them?"
"I like a little mystery, frankly. Explaining the details takes all the fun out of it. Can't you appreciate that?"
"No, frankly," the calculator fired back, clearly annoyed by my response, "I like a little directness."
"That outfit you're wearing is hideous."
"Be serious!"
"Alright, fine," I balled up my napkin and threw it down, "There are only about half the Rank III spells available from rune turn-ins. 8 for hybrids, 13 for casters and priests, and 3 for melee."
"And the rest of the spells?"
"For all intents and purposes, they don't exist. They're not available anywhere in game."
"You really should tell them. Stop and think about what would happen if a melee looted a 4th rune. Did you ever think about that?"
"Yeah, you're right. I'll tell them."
"And what about her? Are you ever going to tell her about us?"
"No. She doesn't need to know."

If Fero is one of our rank 3 spells i gonna puke....

By the way, can you inquire if Frothing Vengeance does exist Tastian?

Fightclubx

IMO other then heals/nukes

rank 3 is such a shitty upgrade they arent worth notice anyway /shrug