Main Menu

Celerity

Started by mogtoth1, November 07, 2006, 09:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogtoth1

I was checking some spell stuff for my alt shammy and noticed that they had quietly increase the haste on Talisman of Celerity to 60% in October. They had not increased the haste on the single cast spell, which we share as our top haste. Wouldnt it have been a great idea to have done the same for both spells. This would have aided us significantly. As it is with my shammy I now have to balance the use of more mana for an extra 10% haste on the whole group against less mana for a cast on an individual. SoE strike again !!!!!
Tails high and walk away with pride

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord
Clan nan Dreolan - Prexus

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1087128

kharthai

Given OOC regen and the fact that shaman never really have an issue with mana, I don't see why you'd ever go w/beastlord haste if you have a shaman around anyway.  I don't really care if ours stays 50%, but a group haste would be super fabulous.

Timberghost

Quote from: mogtoth1 on November 07, 2006, 09:09:18 PM
I was checking some spell stuff for my alt shammy and noticed that they had quietly increase the haste on Talisman of Celerity to 60% in October. They had not increased the haste on the single cast spell, which we share as our top haste. Wouldnt it have been a great idea to have done the same for both spells. This would have aided us significantly. As it is with my shammy I now have to balance the use of more mana for an extra 10% haste on the whole group against less mana for a cast on an individual. SoE strike again !!!!!

The shammy Talisman of Celerity has been at 60% for as long as I can remember.  It's different from the beastie Celerity (50%).  This is not a new change.

If you're concerned about the mana cost for Celerity, just use the clickie off the ornate breastplate.  I outgrew mine long ago, but still use it as a backpack clickie.

Like Kharthai said, group haste would rock, but don't hold your breath.  I think us not getting a PoR aura was a hint, I mean OK they fixed the rake disc somewhat, but take a look at what the other classes got.  I'm just happy that they made Focus of Amilan a group effect spell.  Wish it was MGBable, but what the heck.

Nusa

Well, talk about ninja-improvements. Still, it seems logical if the group version of Celerity went to 60%, the single-target version should do the same. Then it'll at least be slightly better than potions.

kharthai

Quote from: Timberghost on November 07, 2006, 09:27:09 PM
The shammy Talisman of Celerity has been at 60% for as long as I can remember.  It's different from the beastie Celerity (50%).  This is not a new change.

Shaman group haste was called Talisman of Alacrity for a long time, and was 50%.  You could overwrite it with our haste.  Looks like it was actually changed back in March/April, though looks like they tinkered around with it after that for awhile, according to lucy.

http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?t=2066

But hell, it's Christmas in a couple months, so...

*dozes off, visions of group haste and sugarplums floating through his head*

Kanan

/dreams, hopes, & wishes.. /snores so loud he wakes himself up and laughs at the fanciful dream that they'd do something sensible ><

yeah, twould be nice, but I don't see em doing it.  The flat out, simplest thing they could do is just increase the max of it.. and have the scaling that exists in the spell just go up higher.  ie, at present max level, it is 50% haste.  They could increase the haste to 60% at max level, and increase the max level for effectiveness 10 levels, getting you 1%/level.. or whatever.

But I'm pretty sure they've ignored such ideas for a long while, so I don't have any faith in them doing it again.

/wishes SoE would allow the devs to extend a beta to get the friggin bugs mostly out before release of something like this.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

hakaaba

if wishes were fishes~

They need to make celerity duration scale to higher than potion duration at least.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

jitathab

Yup until they increase the spell to out perform the bottle, I will stick to the bottle.

Khauruk

Who cares about haste %age?  That's one battle that we'll never win, and most won't even fight for.  Duration is the whole problem.  Group version would rock my socks too.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Phumog

WE all know that our Haste blows. Single target, long cast timer, short duration. I'm not asking for a better %, a shorter cast timer or even a longer duration. But for gods sake can we get a group version. I find myself alot of times being slower in group with no chanters or shaman around. I have gotten to the point to where sometimes before we start killing I tell the group that "I do not do haste" I hope you brought your potions. I tends to use potions myself. But I wanna say 99% of the time if there are no shammys or chanters around I donot use haste myself. Is this something that could possibly be brought up to the devs or am I alone on this.

I mean I about shit my pants when I saw the group focus...awesome....now just waiting for that group haste.

Zebrn Beasword

I would absolutly kill for a lesser than shammy group haste, even with like a 20 min duration.  I refuse to celerity groups.  I've even resorted to buying extra haste pots and handing them out to group members, even if pickup groups. 
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

Kenusten

I rarely haste, but when I do I unbag my Tunic of the Khati Sha.  The mobs with the Ornate Leather Tunic Patterns are not that hard anymore.

Torden, the Bastion of Thunder
Auliffe Chaoswind (Level: 67)

Tower of Solusek Ro
Arlyxir (Level: 75)
Jiva (Level: 75)
Rizlona (Level: 70)
The Protector of Dresolik (Level: 73)
Xuzl (Level: 75)

I would still like a group haste too.  I am glad we finally got a group focus, that one I cast a fair bit.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gxser

The problem I have with our Haste is not the % of it . I could care less really . It's the timer on it . In my case haste stcking for 25 mins is a pita and not very mana efficient when you take into consideration allot of times how long TSS fights are lasting and so on . I love the new Group Focus . Long overdue and glad to have it . Again group fero would be awsome and have the timer last 15 mins would be even better . Not holding my breathe here . Will save for another thread .
G

80 Bst

Luclin

! Greater  than no one as good as any !

Gimp Gear

Timberghost

Our clicky haste being less good than haste in a bottle sucks.  Stop right there.