Main Menu

First...

Started by Tastian, November 17, 2006, 01:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kdor

Good question Tastian but I pass on single target pos.

Though the return to aa isnt great on the current form, it is a utility that keeps increases incrementally. (it all adds up)

There are much better things I think that could be done to give us utility that a raid would use and make more than 1 beastlord desired for more than just dps.

Conclusion: I dont want to see it changed to a single target version.

Tastian

"Conclusion: I dont want to see it changed to a single target version."

Again, we aren't talking about having paragon changed to single target.  We are talking about a new ability that could potentially be group or maybe single target.  This isn't changing paragon, it isn't giving anything up, it's a question of what might we reasonably gain to help with our faded utility. 

Shieara

It sounds fine to me.

Don't druids already have an aa ability that turns sotg into a larger, single-target heal?    There seems to be precedent.

hakaaba

i think adding a single target version would be ok, but itd be alot better if it was in conjunction with a fix to paragon to make it actually worthwhile as well.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Tardar

QuoteWe are talking about a new ability that could potentially be group or maybe single target.  This isn't changing paragon, it isn't giving anything up, it's a question of what might we reasonably gain to help with our faded utility. 

They can't be on the same timer then either. 

Camikazi

It would probably be on same timer as paragon/aura, would most likely be like druids spirit of the grove and convergence of spirits, one is MGB'able and low-ish hot, other is single target with big direct heal and good size hot heal and on same timer. I woudln't mind it being on same timer, would be a bit much to hit TGB'able big mana regen on group of casters then follow it up with MGB paragon for more mana to everyone. I wouldn't mind having a group only bigger paragon, would be much for useful to me then aura is atm.

jitathab

If we get a new single Paragon, then it makes the other one totally obsolete, its not giving us a new tool at all. Who is going to use MGB paragon when there is a considerably better ability.

mogtoth1

The only reason I would go for this is for solo purposes. During raids I am usualy far too busy to try to figure out who to throw a single cast on unless its for the MT. He would normally be receiving serious continual healing anyway so it wouldnt realy enter into the equation as anything important. I would much rather they fixed the para/perf/aura issue. I do NOT beleive that it is scaled correctly and even my guilds lower mana-pooled people barely notice anything outside of the post wipe period.

If this became a single cast about the only time I would use it is in combat for a boost and some extra healing. I have a 10.5k mana pool. In combat I rarely get below 50% mana and that is chain casting our werwolf and 2 nukes so what use would the extra man do for us. We have little enough usage for the mana we have once our warders are summonned and buffed. I rarely slow in raids anymore, dont incapacitate, I do keep fero on as many rogues/Bez as I can as they do find a difference with it on.

Please dont let them make us sound like we have gained another huge step upwards when all they have done is rearrange the retarded level of benefit from this chain of abilities into another retrograded 'benefit'
Tails high and walk away with pride

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord
Clan nan Dreolan - Prexus

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1087128

Tardar

QuoteI do keep fero on as many rogues/Bez as I can as they do find a difference with it on.

That's all in their mind. 

Pakratz

I like the idea of making it non-mgbable but tgbable group version with a significant upgrade to it.  Would add some utility and make it more valuable in solo/group situations as well.

hakaaba

idea:

Paragon: current
Perfection: 4x current, no mgb, yes tgb
Aura: 10x current, single target

Adds utility by giving a choice of using the best tool for your situation.

thoughts?

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Taiglin

I like the idea of tgbable, non MGB. Would also like to see it as instant cast. My Bst tanks a good portion of the time. Paragon is usually something I don't do mid fight.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Shamno

Quote from: hakaaba on November 22, 2006, 05:50:08 PM
idea:

Paragon: current
Perfection: 4x current, no mgb, yes tgb
Aura: 10x current, single target

Adds utility by giving a choice of using the best tool for your situation.

thoughts?

As I said in other thread, let paragon scale with AA investments in Perfection and Aura. Might be somewhat close.

Kordana

A single target with a major boost would be great.  However I would still like to see an endurance regen added. 

Also, I really do like that it shows up in the short term buff window now.

Kordana
Kordana Kninekamander
79 Beastlady of Povar
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1276678&resize=true

laissez

personally i do use paragoon whenever it pops up during groups raids etc.  I also use mgb para on raids quite a bit.  Having and extra paragoon would be great, i can see no downside to this at all.  The XXXX mana/hp regen ability would have to be significally larger hp/mana gains if it wasn't mgbable and on the same timer, if it wasn't then it could be alot smaller.  I'm really not where what your trien to get at with adding a new ability like this, are we the new necro's now?  Making paragoon scale properly > adding this new ability imo.
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server