Main Menu

First...

Started by Tastian, November 17, 2006, 01:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanois

Quote from: Tastian on November 17, 2006, 01:14:22 PM
What do people think about a *single target*  Paragon?  Right now one of the biggest issues with paragon is that it's clearly balanced as a MGB'able type of ability.  If we could get a single target version there's no doubt it would not only be more powerful, but it would also give us a better chance to get that full return on potential(unlike a MGB'd paragon that lots block/don't use currently).

This is what I was basing that off of and somewhere in another post someone said that SoE had said that it was based off of the maximum potential of it being used as an MGB.

My numbers were just a rough suggestion and may be something to look into versus going to a single target Paragon.  I for 1 have always liked Paragon.  I have played a cleric and also played a beast.  I know that the MGB of Paragon has saved many raids.

I should also mention that SoE has nurfed  the cleric CR and the druid SoW AAs as well so Beastlords are not the only ones who have seen these get less and less useful. =/

Khauruk

Cleric CR?  SoW?  I'd call the MGB Heals pretty nice myself...perhaps not on a 25k tank, no...but w/ the number of classes that have them (cleric, druid, shammy, and BST sorta), they can add a very nice effect.  The cleric iirc also has a very short recast timer.  I don't play any of those classes regularly (just boxing others toons occasionally), so can't comment from an insider's view.

But, there is no partner to the Beastlord's mana over time AA.  All the more reason it can't suck so bad...and needs to scale higher than it does now.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Gxser

Ya know , there will be many ongoing discussion about this  AoS/PoS problem . I have yet to hear any feedback . I am not sure if they are wanting us ot give them the answer without knowing why they have chosen to have the problem or what . So , here are a few suggestions to go with keeping it MGB like it needs to be . Single group I can imgine raids , Raid Leader says " Hey BST's your dps blows , sit in the caster or healer group and hit them every 15 mins with your gimp Para Buff , it's not like its an MGB or anything".

Suggestions :

1. Make it Critable : Base it on a 54 man Raid . It goes on for 6 ticks . Divide the raid by 6 = 9 . This means that out of 9 full groups of People only 6 groups would have a random chance to get a crit out of 6 ticks per person . There are 2 effects with the Paragon Line , give them both a chance to crit, Heals or Mana . Thats right I said it "Mana crit". Wouldn't that be Unique to a Bst ?

2. Make it Critable heal side only - Base it on the % of people on a raid . Whether its 75 , 54 , 48 , 42 , 36 , 24 , 18 who cares if the % is the same for all then the overall benefit will be no different than each other .  Lets use 30% as an example . 54 man raid (reality says 72 outdated) thats basically 16 people out of a 54 man raid having a 1 in 6 chance of getting a heal crit . 18 man raid thats basically 4 people having the same thing . When you think of how gimp the line is the effect is the same regardless because of the content they are doing if they are in a 54 man raid to begin with.

3. Make Crits random for every class . I like random . :)

4. Add Endurance !!

5. Make the Paragon regen's based on the average level of the raid .

These are just suggestions with no scientific data to support any of it . Just common sense says if something is broke fix it . To fix it , you have to start somewhere . I don't care about other classes or their problems or what they got . Bad and Good for them . Get what ya can while ya can get it . I do however care greatly how the BST class gets affected over and over and over .  This issue is one of many for us . If anything our gripes , suggestions , and no answer discussions have and do provide interesting reading for the devs and our community .

Bst out .
G

80 Bst

Luclin

! Greater  than no one as good as any !

Gimp Gear

Khauruk

Quote from: Gxser on February 10, 2007, 05:16:06 PM
Just common sense says if something is broke fix it .

Good luck convincing the devs it's broken.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

hakaaba

Paragon of spirit is perfectly balanced for being mgbd on a max sized (presumably 54) raid.

Unfortunately, it sucks the other 90% of the time because of this balance.  The only way the devs will consider raising the numbers on paragon is if it were no longer mgbable, and then they would balance it around the best possible situation: it hitting exactly 7 people (/tgb on a full group), which would allow the ability to be considerably more powerful.

they have clearly stated this and it will not change, so either:

(1) people will have to accept at least one version of paragon that is not mgbable and is powerful

or

(2) were not gonna get a powerful paragon

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Fightclubx

this is why I wanna get away from paragon, sure keep what we got as is, I never suggested we get rid of it.. but no matter wich direction we go were gonna get boned in some way. just leave it as it is continue to upgrade it in future expansions as they allready have been, and lets focus on getting some other things fixed. I think they should rework the way attack is calculated and make it scale upwards properly instead of leveling out after 2300 atk or wherever the invisible gimp line is at nowadays.

WTS fero 2cp PST ! /em sadly waits in the corner for someone to take this buff seriously

Gxser

Quote from: hakaaba on February 11, 2007, 06:09:15 AM
Paragon of spirit is perfectly balanced for being mgbd on a max sized (presumably 54) raid.

I completely disagree with this assertion . Pop yes , 65 GoD no , 70+ new zones and content absolutely not . TSS raids no way. There is nothing Perfect with Paragon and hasn't been remotely close since Pop only . Will the Devs admit to this never . They never admit to anything being screwed up period . Thats takes the luck out of the equation . It's common sense we need here . It also may be harder to correct the issue than we think then again maybe its easier . Simply put with all the guessing we are doing without the actual Designers/Progs input other than the standard working as intended answer this will never be touched and common sense will remain in hiding.
G

80 Bst

Luclin

Gimp Gear

Mewzee

Gxser, i loved your suggestion for "mana criting" ooooo that gives me goose bumps and if I told my casters/healers in raid they'd just dance around yelling MORE BEASTLORDS on RAIDS PLS!

lol :)

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server

Gxser

Raid Leader says " Where the Heck are our Bst's !!!! get them here now !! " Now wouldnt that be a sight for sore eyes ?

lol
G

80 Bst

Luclin

Gimp Gear

Mewzee

God i think that'd make me so damn happy to see that in guild chat for once lol.

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server