Main Menu

help with sphinxes

Started by Baweepgranna, December 16, 2006, 03:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baweepgranna

ok, when i went to the sphinxes in rathe mtns, first of all, A-sphinx was indifferent to me, Z-sphinx wanted to kill me. i hailed A-sphinx, nothing happened, i said "i am willing to help you" "i am the beastlord" no response. i'm on the right step cuz i received the Feral Lord's Brooch. any idea what i'm doing wrong? and how i can get Z-sphinx to not try and kill me

Tardar

Get very close.  On top of him.  His hail range is very small.

Phumog

Been a long time since I have completed this part..IIRC you hail him and do text while he is attacking.....could be wayyyyyyy off over 2 years since I did mine.

dainfrol

Quote from: Phumog on December 17, 2006, 03:45:54 PM
Been a long time since I have completed this part..IIRC you hail him and do text while he is attacking.....could be wayyyyyyy off over 2 years since I did mine.

You don't have to do the text while he's attacking.  what I did was hail him (like Tardar said you need to be right next to him) then I zoned out (you can get an evac or whatever) then go back and do the text.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

sunis

also had the same problem. iirc fixed by wearing Helm of the Feral and then hailing and running to zone.

Timberghost

I handled this even easier.  No need to run to the zone out.  These two mobs hit like girls. 

You can either
1.  Do the dialog while they beat on you or
2.  Just let em beat on you and don't hit back while a cleric roots and then atone's them, or the chanter equivalent, at which point they become non-agro and you can continue. 
Either one is fine.

BTW the two sphinxes are on opposite faction, so as the faction for one goes up the other goes down.