Main Menu

beastlord spell rake

Started by slayze, November 22, 2006, 11:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slayze

:mrgreen:well just to let you know im fairly new at everquest i have only ben playin for 6 months and have never played before. i was just wondering if anyone can help me with an explanation of where and how to get the beastlord spell rake. give as much info as you can please because im still eq stupid still. but am learning fast with all your help thanks in advance

Kroshx

You have to finish the "Saga Skins" quest in Devastation. It's a zone from Prophecy of Ro.

Anyway, you need 9 different skins from the 9 major enemies in the zone. I don't remember them off-hand, though, so you might have to go search for the quest a bit.
Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

Skanda

Taiglin

Or if you aren't concerned about progression at this point you can do the much much much simpler quest that requires you to loot 4 race specific no drop items and then turn them in.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=47705

The long and short of this is I doubt you could do it solo as multi pulls are common. What is cool is if you can get a group of folks to go you can just start killing stuff (leave giants alone depending on group) and have different folks collect different race drops. You don't have to get the quest before getting the drops which is nice. One thing you might run into though is if you, for example, loot orc heads and the orcs control the fort they wont give you the quest for their heads.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

slayze

Part of the Plane of Rage, access to this stronghold is gained by breaking down a door in the wall surrounding the tower of Razorthorn in The Devastation. 
is this the only way there? and is that the right place i need to be? whats the best way to get to Sverag, Stronghold of Rage and thanks for helpin me out i have a couple of beastlord friends who wan to get this as well. i think were gonna try th eeasy route and just loot four of race specific items then do turn in any other info you have that can help would be great and thanks again

Khauruk

Breaking down simply means /attack on for a few minutes.  The place was safe iirc, I had nothing agro on me.  Same w/ the door inside Rage.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

slayze

thanks peeps will try to get it soon

slayze

well i tried to get it with my guild only thing was is that guild leader said skins quest was easiest. i dont see how that is posible because you have to get, what is it 8 diffrent skins? to where the others only reqiure you to get 4 of same mob. so instead of searchin for a pull on various mobs to get the various skins ya need you can focus oon one paticular mob. we were pullin stuff we didnt need anyways that had the stuff like paws and heads. i looted those anyways :) even though we werent doin bring me there heads quest or bring me there paws quest. so anyways i still dont have my 70 spell rake because we had some LD problems with people in guild and pulls seemed to take awhile because they are hard to single pull. i did manage to get 2 paws and 2 heads i and  3 skins. so i either need 2 more paws, 2 more heads or 5 more skins. i also wanted to get my growl of the panther spell anyone have any info on this? hope i dont need a group to do it because getting people to do quest for spells is hard sometimes its hard to find a group for ginding let alone people who want to spend there time helpin you get a spell:( well anymore info would be great

Taiglin

There is a level 61 version of the growl line you can buy from the DoN vendors (well buy crystals in the baz or do DoN missions). The 69 upgrade comes from doing several quests + a raid.

The skins quest that gets you rake has a progression component to it so can take out 2 birds with one stone. Otherwise the fastest way to get the disc is loot 4 x of whatever. Depending on levels/gear/numbers getting more then one mob in camp usually isn't too bad unless you are talking about the giants.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Rawrzor

Quote from: slayze on December 11, 2006, 03:10:54 PM
well i tried to get it with my guild only thing was is that guild leader said skins quest was easiest.

The "bring me their _____" quests are definitely the easier route to go if you're just going after Rake and not the progression.  Duoing with an SK (who was able to split the mobs easily), I got all four of my drops in about 45 minutes.  Probably the longest part was knocking down that stupid door to get to the quest guy.
Rawrzor
72 Beastlord, Bristlebane Server
Co-Leader of Meiyo

Magelo | EQPlayers.com | Blog

Kanan

another tactic is to just figger out what the quest items are for a "bring me the [whatever]" quest.. loot those, and come into sverag until the right guy is up, asking for your piece.  Nfc what the timer is for the rotation of who's inside at a particular time.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

slayze

ok got my spell rake. thankjs you to all that helped by posting here. wasnt to bad. like i said earlier in a post even though guild leader said skins was easier i did loot what ever i could so when me and a few others went back to finish it up i had some of those body parts i looted from before. we did have some pulling problems at first due to multiple adds but once we got goin it worked out pretty good and wasnt to bad aa xp either. we got 70 spells for 3 of us that night. only other thing i have a question about is that growl of the panther spell.the upgraded one from doing don. i have enough faction to get creator missions and things like that. i have even done the emoush raid. i have the sphere or whatever it is to turn in but he doesnt take it. when i hail him he tells me somethin like word of you helping has traveled far but more work is needed. i know thats not exactly what he says i cant remeber what he says exactly atm. what does that mean i still need to get more faction or are there more quest or tasks that need to be done. i have done the ones the wayfarers give you at the wayfarer camp to get faction high enough to get the what is it like 3 solo and one group mission from the guy inside the tunnel. so im not sure after you do those if theres more you have to do before turn in from loot off of emoush i ahve the aa gift already as well so any info on this would help me also and thanks again :-D

Tardar

Kanan

lol.. love how they keep up to date on that info.  Heh.. there's several other things beyond Goblin Dojo as well.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

slayze

ah, i see i have to do 10 faction turn ins for next set of stuff to do. thanks, this helps. i am probably close to ten turnins already as i have been in groups that do them just for the xp as well as faction. i have a friend who needs to do the evil side he hasnt had much luck getting the evils ones though. seems as if not to many doin evils.