Main Menu

final fight question

Started by dainfrol, December 10, 2006, 10:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dainfrol

I took some guildies to do the DDA and we took too long trying to split him from his pets.  He and his pets ended up despawning, does anyone know what I have to do to get him to spawn again?  I no longer have the cloak to turn-in, so do I just hail the girl under the bridge again, or do I have to talk to Elder Anamist Muada in Shar Val again?
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Phumog

Kroshx

Don't think you can get him to stay up long. Shouldn't worry much about splitting, though, sure adds can be handled easily. Train to zone! >;3
Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

Nusa

Go back to Muada and say the key phrase again and he'll give another cloak to anyone at that stage of the epic.

My experiences were a while ago, but if unchanged the DDA despawns exactly one hour after being spawned, regardless of whether it's engaged or not. I even know someone who had it despawn right in the middle of their second attempt.

Timberghost

Muada's the guy to see to get the replacement cloak.

How you aproach him depends on team size, gears and AAs.   When we did my kill back in the spring, we did it on a day we didn't have a big enough team to raid a real target.  Just put a puny tank on each pet and a real one on the big guy.  They were almost all down by the time I got my CoH across from the turn in.

The fancy pulling, splitting, training, etc. are for if you go with either a very small team or one that's not well geared / AAd.

dainfrol

When we tried we only had 7 people I think.  They were 1 War, 1 Pally, 1 Druid, 1 Cleric, 1 Shammy, 1 Monk, and myself.  We do have enough people in our guild to take a large force in, but with my work schedual I rarely see all the people on.  They were on the other day, but when we went to do it the turn-in person was not up :(.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Timberghost

Quote from: dainfrol on December 12, 2006, 01:07:27 PM
...They were on the other day, but when we went to do it the turn-in person was not up :(.

The mob is on like a 2 hour timer.  If he's not up when you go, go do something else for a bit and come back.  He'll be there.

I had the opposite problem.  When I got back after my kill to do my turn in, he had despawned.  I had to hang out under the bridge for a couple of hours to get my whatsis wrapped and get my 1.5.

Kroshx

That guy just doesn't like us, it seems.

"Let me take this, and you go kill that thing out there."
*Waits until we leave.*
"Suckers."
Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

Fightclubx

I ran him to DS zoneline, he ended up still having 1 add but 1 is better then a few more =P

was real easy I did turn in and ran for the hills ! only had 2 groups and most of them were twink alts

Farinea

You need to go to Muada for another cloak - Erran Farrel (sp) is on a 2 hour spawn time but if you keep handing her random stuff it resets her timer so your raid force can gather - which is what we did.

For the DDA...funny enough we used the Dain peel method...had a ranger pull adds - up the stairs and down the hall - raid force was on 2nd set of stairs off to the right - when DDA came up the hallway - SK pulled him off and the ranger headed to zl - adds never came back then we beat down the Animist. Worked really well - we actually did this fight 4 times now for all our beastlords and found this strat works the best - at least for our guild. I had 15 peeps for my final fight - he went down rather easy with minimal deaths.

This was actually easier than the damn girplans...

Timberghost

Girplans are easily single groupable.

Just hit a chanter with SoW, and he runs in, tags a spiritminion with howl of tash and then tethers it.  Resets, then runs back in and hits it with compel and has it suicide on the spiritleecher. 

Repeat for each spiritminion.  Takes somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes to get all the spiritminions to suicide on the spiritleecher.

Then just go in and kick his butt.  He's a wuss when you have all the minions down.

Razazh

Quote from: Farinea on December 20, 2006, 06:14:40 PM
Erran Farrel (sp) is on a 2 hour spawn time but if you keep handing her random stuff it resets her timer so your raid force can gather

so if i hand her a rusty iron mace she will be up for an extra hour? another bst said just spam hail her till u get your raid there. but lol that can take a while and i hate spaming stuff. my guild raids at 8est and i would like to get the kill tonight. so the faster i can get the answer the happyer i will be 8)

Farinea

Not sure if you have done this already - but every time you hand her something it resets her despawn timer - so she is up for I believe its 2 hours - I know for damn sure her respawn is 2 hours - I kept handing her waterflasks or something dumb - just stand right in front of her  - I had someone with me who was back under the bridge across from us and he was not invis and we did get whacked by I think it was souldrainer... who happened to roam by side of the bridge.